Xbox App on Windows 10

Here you can find ideas and feature requests for the Xbox App available through Windows 10. This forum is for any features or requests regarding how the app works and functionality for features like game streaming, Facebook integration, the store, etc.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Xbox App on Windows 10 forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find ideas and requested changes to the Xbox App experience on Windows 10

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Xbox App on Mac OS X

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but the functionality of the Windows 10 app for Xbox is amazing with how you can stream and socialize through it. Also, you can use smart glass. But what about the Mac users? I understand we're not being loyal by not buying any Windows 10 machines, but Mac OS is useful for graphic design enthusiasts like myself. There are many reasons to get a Mac but why should Mac users miss out on the ability to connect with their Xbox account? Even if there is less functionality; like if we…

3,876 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

744 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Play co-op using two screens (Xbox One + Windows 10)

For example: in CoD we have split screen right? We don't we split between the PC and XBOX ONE? The experience will be 10 times better. A lot of games has offline coop (this is the thing that I most love about consoles), like Forza 5, Diablo 3...

Imagine if my brother is using my laptop in the room and I am on the living room using the xbox one and we like to play a COOP in CoD/Forza. That would be AWSOME. We are offline, we are in the same house and We don't need to use the same…

2,552 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PC Streaming to Xbox One

Through the use of an app or system update, add the ability to stream games over your network from your Windows PC to your Xbox One system.

[Mod edit: This post was merged with a similar idea from electricwun and ARKANTOS MABF. Thanks, everyone!]

2,038 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Mouse and Keyboard/Joystick Support through Xbox App

It would be fun to have mouse and keyboard and joystick support considering pc and xbox games are now running on the same operating system. It would give gamers an infinite amount of options and make it very dynamic for a hardcore gamer :) I hope someone reads this or has considered.

1,766 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stream Xbox One games on Windows 10 while a family or friend could still use the same Xbox One for apps like Miracast or Netflix

i would love if you guys (Microsoft) could multitask the same Xbox one being streamed to play Xbox one games while other family member or friend could watch apps or TV even use apps like miracast to stream their device all at the same time it would make it the Xbox one and windows 10 the best system/platform to have please make it happen

1,647 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

125 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the Xbox App show your full Xbox Library

Make a new area where we can see all of our games. Separate it by plataform, like:

- Xbox 360 games
    - Xbox One games
    - PC games
    - All

Even if you can just do it for digital games, do it!

1,620 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Xbox 360 Emulator

Xbox 360 Emulator for digital downloaded Xbox 360 games. Xbox team had mention their intention to move away from re-mastering games for Xbox One however what about console exclusives we cannot play on the PC like EA SKATE?

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from Nightstalker524. Thanks, everyone!]

1,427 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to turn off suggested friends from the Xbox App on Windows 10

Please can we have the ability to turn off the suggested "social" elements that go beyond my friends list.

This includes

"Suggestions" - Guide/Friends & clubs
    "Suggested for you" - Community/Activity Feed
    "Popular now" - Community/Activity Feed
    Adverts for feeds on the right hand side of the - Community/clubs and trending
    Auto follow of purchased and played games - Community/Activity feed

I understand people appreciate these features and use them but I don't and never have.

The suggestions show people I have removed from my friends lists and a selection of random people that I share nothing in common with…

1,028 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Xbox One & Oculus: Theater Room = Trophy Room

Oculus and Win 10 will allow you to play your xbox games, watch movies etc on a "Theater Room", great stuff!

But, what if we could customize that room, with posters that are based on our achievements? Make some achievements very cool as a wall trophy, the harder it is the cooler it looks! Maybe statues, trophies and all that!

If we ever are able to invite friends to our room, even better!

1,010 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Stream Xbox game while watching TV on Xbox One

With the streaming coming to Windows 10 I would love it if the live tv app would still be usable on the Xbox one. So while my kids watch TV using the HDMI input (live tv app), or even Netflix if that is possible, I can play a game on my tablet streaming from the Xbox One.
    I hope this will work like that!

[Mod edit: This post was merged with similar ideas from DAWICKED1S and leehaworth85. Thanks, everyone!]

872 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow for games to be streamed anywhere

It's great that Microsoft is allowing Xbox One games to be streamed to any Windows 10 powered device but it would be great if you were able to stream your games to windows 10 powered devices on a different wifi networks. For instant, if your away from home but your connected to wifi you can stream you games to your laptop/phone.

792 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cross-platform party chat between Windows PC and Xbox One

Cross-platform party chat between Windows PC and Xbox one!

775 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The ability to invite Players to the Xbox Preview Program via the Xbox App

It would be a great idea to implement the option to invite players to the Preview Program, via the Xbox App.

This saves the hassle of having to switch on my console just to invite friends to the program (as I receive their requests via the app).

597 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Xbox Snap to Windows 10 Device

Xbox Snap to Device Idea by @BAMrin

It would be nice, if we can snap an App to any Windows 10 Device in the local Network. Picture here: http://www.xboxdynasty.de/Xbox-One/screenshot,Xbox-One,88085.html

Instead of using the Xbox One Screen and make it smaller, why not use a 2nd Screen in the Network? Maybe a Tablet or Laptop. So you can say "Xbox Snap Twitch to Tablet" and the App will be snapped to the Device with all functions. And on top, a friend can use Twitch/Chat while you concentrate on playing.

Phil Spencer and Mike Ybarra just said it's possible and a cool…

558 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use the classic Achievement popping sound on Windows 10 Xbox Games

It's great that you're bringing Xbox gaming to the Windows 10 Store. I've enjoyed playing Xbox games like Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, Project Spark, and Halo: Spartan Strike on my Windows 10 PC. However, I noticed that, unlike Xbox on all other platforms (Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox on Windows 8, Xbox on Windows Phone 8), the classic 'bah-doop' sound that plays when an achievement pops is not on Windows 10. Instead, it's a generic sound effect that is used for all other notifications on Windows 10 too. Please replace it with the classic Xbox achievement popping sound--it's the most…

547 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have Steam games on Windows 10 Store

The exclusives on steam that are only on pc can be added to the xbox live pc marketplace

528 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Xbox on WIndows 10  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give us Windows 10 enabled modding on the Xbox One

I love that you guys are starting to integrate Windows 10 and Xbox. You have a huge opportunity to allow the PC and Xbox communities to mix in terms of modding. Something Xbox gamers (and console gamers in general) have been wanting for years is the ability to install mods onto their Xbox games. This capability would be a massive selling point. All consoles can claim certain hardware advantage, certain exclusives, and certain other miscellaneous benefits -- no console can claim access to mods. Obviously there are issues of compatibility, but I'm positive you guys are up for the challenge.…

498 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Powering on Xbox One through Xbox app for streaming should not turn on TV

I set my xbox to turn my TV and Cable when i turned it on, but when i want just to stream my gameplay, it turn the TV on too! It would be great if when we would turn our Xbox on through the app we could choose if we wanted to turn the TV on too.

[Mod edit: The original title was changed from "Turning on the Xbox One for streaming through the Xbox app without turning the TV on too" to the title above.]

442 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 440 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox App Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Xbox One Controller compatible with Windows 10 Mobile Devices

Would be awesome to use my Xbox One Controller to play my Windows 10 Mobile games. Either via direct USB OTG connection or via Windows 10 Wireless adapter for the Controllers via USB OTG on Mobile.
    Don't want to buy an extra Bluetooth controller for that stuff :(

418 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Game Bar and Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base