Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Detailed statistics of your download

I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes I look at what I'm downloading on Xbox one and it looks stuck. To be honest you can never tell because there IS no way to tell. I think it would be very helpful to show us exactly how our download is going. For instance 9.7 gb/ 21 gb. And show us the speed it's going at like 2.7 Mbps. And I maybe stretching it but how about an estimated time? I think everyone will benefit from this idea.

1,944 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

pbzwriter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) responded  · 

The Xbox One Queue now gives you detailed information about your download. This information appears in the queue, but also on the My games & apps navigation bar while a download is in progress. You can even view your download progress directly on your dashboard in the box under My games & apps. More information is available at Xbox Wire: http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/30/xbox-summer-update-starts-rolling/

47 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JoE TwEaKn MANE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fix the dl time when updating xbox i have 100mbps dl speed n a 400mb stalls n takes 30 to 45 mins only fix is unpluging my ethernet n plugn it bak in after 2 secs

• Bmer83 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add queue view in the guide, when you double press xbox button, separate option near settings that shows your queue (realtime) and what is downloading.

• LucasGorski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

show the progress of updates to megabyte. instead of showing progress in "%" show how much has been already downloaded the update.

• BlissfulAnimal8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When downloading/ updating content such as games, apps, or other media, include the ability to view an individual download on a seperate screen where it not only displays the percent completion but also the:
    amount of megabytes or gigabytes downloaded in relation to the total size of download.
    I really cannot stand not seeing only the percent completion because it does not in my opinion accurately display how much of a download is completed. I'd really like to see how much progress I have made on a download. Or at the very least, indicate an approximate time till completion of a download.

• AgeofReakon724 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add a downloads tab on the NXOE guide which shows the active downloads and the percentages. this will be faster than going to my games and apps

• JustinTime4Cake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a tab to the quick menu that shows your current downloads and allows you to manage them (pause, cancel, resume)

• Oregon3d commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add in download bar, either from an application or a game, as in Megabytes or Gigabytes has already been downloaded, and not only the percentage of download completed. Helps people with slower internet connection to know exactly how much you're getting download in the period in which they can leave the console running.

• NoG4RaN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the menu of my applications and games, in the tab "tail" at the time of application or game downloads, to choose in each download format information, see choosing % or Gb installed and download

• J Francesco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it's a good idea. They've had it since dial-up was a thing on pc so it shouldn't be too hard.

• lb555c commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the process of downloading games to be quite horrendous because you have no idea how long until the game will be ready. It would be nice to have a status or approximate time to finish so that we can get a good idea of when the game will be ready or how long it will take. Maybe even show how many gigs have been downloaded or how many are left.

• TheMightyDude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have noticed that you say "Additional storage may be required for mandatory updates, setup and features. Users are responsible for broadband access and usage fees." a lot, this may be true, but you are responsible to tell the user that a game install is in fact downloading content when its installing a game from a disc.

I had brought a Xbox One along with "Destiny: The Taken King - Legendary Edition" and while it was a shock that it had to copy/install game to the HDD, it took around 10 hours to copy/install, the length was due to we have a very slow connection and lucky its an unlimited broadband connection or else we would of sent you the bill for the +20GB of downloaded content.

We are lucky enough to have no monthly quota, but there are loads of people that do have a monthly quota, so its your responsibility to notify the user of this when ever it does download content.

I wouldn't be moaning if you had a notification on the screen like "Downloading required Game Content x% of y% etc" like the way you did when you patched the game when I first started to install/copy the game.

• Nemo TheCaptain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being left in the dark about what is happening is absurd. I think a histograph would be nice, some more fine tuning options like scheduled downloads and rate-limiting should be applied. For those that have less than broadband (25mbps) connections, xbox one shouldn't be preventing the rest of the house from watching stupid youtube videos. While the downloads should be allowed in the background, of course, because paying $60 for a game and not be allowed to play the game should also not be tolerated.

• Nemo TheCaptain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now consider the headache for those of us that struggle to download a 40GB game, typically at less than 1mbps. Massive updates that don't allow playing the game, even offline, forced to download with no advanced notice on what is to be fixed to decide if it's worth downloading.

• Mizzy Lone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of backing out of a game and going through games and apps. One can easily double tap to access the guide scroll down to notification and have a quick peek at how much % a game is downloaded.

As a guy who plays Halo while downloading games it's really hard to switch between Halo and Games and app to see how much percentage a game is downloaded when you are in the middle of a match so this can be a lot of ease.

Demonstration: http://i.imgur.com/xBfbKym.png

• Kr0ax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make some concrete downloading-speed numbers available to see how fast/slow the current download is. To only show the bar, even without percentage, is absolutely not sufficient and not up to date.

Thank you in advance.

• Grug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah we dont all have uber internet connections. Downloading a 40GB game over my ADSL at 2Mbits while sharing the connection with the family (and other consoles) means it is really slow. I have waited a week for a game to download. PS4 has a nice progress indication bar in my opinion.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base