Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Dolby Atmos audio support for games, apps, and disc playback

Dolby Atmos audio is coming this year as a big new audio format. New receivers, speakers, and so on are being announced in mass now. Atmos is coming to Blu-ray, streaming video services, and more. Xbox One needs to be ready for Dolby Atmos.

913 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TrackZ shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

214 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JohnMacKlain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame to pretend that the Xbox is a home entertainement product without this feature. Think about everybody that spend a lot of money in a HT room. No way we are gonna use the one as our main player.

• FauneLicorne0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As well for Atmos and Dts X for Apps ! However I think each app needs its own update, in order to support HD Audio bitstream.

• Cerenas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS PLEASE. Support for DTS HDMA and Dolby TrueHD would be a huge wish of mine and a lot of other people. Now the Plex app for example transcodes all my higher quality files from the Plex server instead of passthrough of the audio streams.

• cesiumdeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No offense @PALvsNTSC but maybe you are the one that needs to learn more before posting. DTS HD and Dolby True HD are actually never available via optical out, you have no idea what you are talking about.

• PALvsNTSC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, use the optic cable then. S/PDIF at the back.
    If your receiver suports this and there is a audiochannel for it on the bluray disc it works. It has nothing to do with the xbox itself. You cant get it bij HDMI only. All xbox one consoles have it since launch.

You have to learn about audio first before posting here

• BJWeston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree Dolby Atmos would be great. I have been thinking about getting and Xbox One S for playing 4K Blue Ray. But at have not because it does not support this.

• MrMestofolies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of course I want Dolby Atmos for the Xbox One S. I bought the Xbox to be able to play 4K Movies. I've have invested in a new 7 channel reciever with Dolby Atmos so I was very disapointed when I could'nt play my Movies with optimal sound.

• Devin Avenger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes both the s and older xbox one needs dolby atmos, dts and dolby true hd for video play back .

• RockButton73922 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Biggest disappointment this year:
    Selling the PS4 and buying a Xbox One S for 4K, and then realising the lack of HD sound.
    (that even the PS3 is supporting)

• crazedmango69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Support blu ray quality sound. Why on earth should we put up with dvd quality sound with blu ray picture? It's absurd. PlayStation 3 has supported HD audio since 2009. Give us a well rounded next gen console.

• Darek81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

UHD drive but no HD audio formats? I have already sold the Xbox One for this reason and bought me the PS 4. My hope was that the One S at least this but I can stay now with the PS4 and buy a separate UHD Player.

• Tezcatlipoca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted.

Of course, the Xbox One doesn't even support Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio, so what are the chances MS will support Atmos?

• AWBUXTON commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Phil Spencer has tweeted me stating he hears us re bit streaming and an announcement will be made soon

• TuskenReaper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not Buying another Microsoft Console till it supports Atmos.....sticking with my Pc as it SUPPORTS DOLBY ATMOS via my Denon A/V Amplifier...& Surround Sound Speakers & Height & Ceiling ones 2:)
    Microsoft are Gaming Noobs from the Twentieth Century.....yawn:(

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base