Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 155 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A new section on the dashboard called "Free on Xbox Live"

Would be great to have a section that shows a list of freebies inside xbox live, i noticed that there are a few of them but hard to find, in this section can show the Games with gold, lastest Demo, Free movie of the weekend, and more

153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Child Lock Settings for the Power Button

Children love bright buttons! Unfortunately, that means that my Xbox is being turned off frequently while I am playing with the touch of a button.

A feature to "child lock" the power button would be nice.

With this feature, the button would either need to be held down or pressed a designated amount of times to work (ex: 3 times).

153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The Xbox Scorpio needs to be versatile and offer a 1080p display option

There's been an awful lot of mixed messaging over the last couple of days on what the Xbox Scorpio will represent in terms of visual display.

Please do not double down on 4K as the defining display factor for the system, Xbox gamers are already in an awkward position through owning an Xbox One were the system isn't quite powerful enough to offer consistent 1080p native gaming at higher framerates and please don't put the Scorpio into a forced position where it has to maximise itself limiting game potential just to facilitate a higher 4K resolution.

The scorpio system needs…

153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow me to schedule updates

Being a member of the Preview program I am constantly required to update my console.This would be fine if it didn't interrupt what I am doing, at the time of writing this I was in the middle of playing a game with my friends and I am now staring at the update screen since I can't postpone it. Having a feature to schedule when the update can be applied would be extremely convenient since Windows OS allows me to do this with its updates.

146 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Give us a way to manage storage on the Xbox One

We need a way to provide more storage space (or less) to certain apps. I've recently ran out of storage for my game clips and was looking for a way to provide the upload app more storage as I like to record a lot of game clips. It would be a good addition to the Xbox One interface.

143 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Xbox One Dashboard disappears revealing background, after a certain amount of time

No matter how transparent I make my tiles, I will not be able to see the entire background. So, why don't we have an option where after a certain amount of time the entire Xbox dashboard UI just disappears revealing a custom background of a user choice. Or a live tile background showing an assorted of specific backgrounds chosen by the user. That way, when were doing something other than using the XO, we can see our background fully and with a flick of the analog stick, the UI comes back.

Or, make it where after a certain amount of…

143 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to Pin TV Shows

Basically in the newest preview, you can no longer pin shows within apps anymore, please add this feature back.

141 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please add PPPoE Support (NAT Problem)

I have really bad problems with my NAT-Type. PPPoE solved it for the 360 but I can't select it with my Xbox One

140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow players to delete game updates on xbox one, like we could on xbox 360

Game developers constantly release patches that restrict gameplay due to new bugs or prevent progression due to unforseen conflicting script. On xbox 360, a simple clear cache would remove game patches so that you could still enjoy your game until all the kinks were sorted out. On xbox one however, no such feature exists. I feel it is a huge backpeddle to remove such a key feature when it worked so well in the past. Keeping online players restricted to having the current updated or patched game prevents any online fowl play, and with that in mind the removal of…

139 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bigger Pin section

In addition to the return of pinning from stores as other people have suggested, a bigger pin list or pin subsections would be helpful. I'd like to have a section of my pins just for a wishlist because I tend to pin a lot of games I intend to buy later.

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to permanently remove items from the NXOE "Ready to Install" list

I would like to not hide,,,but remove or DELETE items that are now appearing under ready to install (such as demo;s, old games we don't want to install on xbox one that we may have played on 360, etc.)

I know they are in our download history and will be available to us in the future should we want them.

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. allow user to define a language audio settings different for game

Allow user to define a setting that will set the language for game context only and not the complete console. It would be like for BD where you can define your prefered language audio without having to change the settings of your BD drive. This would allow non native English to enjoy original version while keeping the general command like go home, record that, ... in their own language. It would also work for studios that are shipping multilingual version but forgot to add a language switch in menu.

126 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. IPv6 for 360

IPv6 support to fix NAT issues, especially when there are multiple consoles in the same location.

118 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option for Manual Organization in Games and Apps

Much like another idea titled "Better organization in Games and Apps" , I'd like to see the support of organization by genre and played recently, but I'd also like to see the option to manually rearrange your games. This way, people can set the games they play most in the front, and sometimes, it drives me crazy seeing both Backwards Compatible and Xbox One games put in non-release order, and instead put in alphabetical (I'm sure I'm not alone). For example, if Fallout: New Vegas was backwards compatible, and I had the entire Fallout library in "My Games & Apps",…

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. DLC Tab in My Games & Apps

How about just like the new "Updates" tab that there is a DLC tab in My Games & Apps? It can be difficult to remember to download all DLC for a game, especially when you have a season pass and new DLC is released.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Synchronize Xbox One background with Microsoft Account

on "surface or another pc windows". my wallpaper are synchronized with my Microsoft account
    I like to have the ability to synchronize the wallpaper on my xbox one. or may be with onedrive.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "synchronize Wallpaper microsoft account. on the xbox one."]

29 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Install location per type (apps or games)

ability to setup default install location for apps and games...

For example set all apps to always install on local/internal device/drive and all games to all ways install on external drive

28 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 6 7 9 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base