Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Windows 10 Task View on Xbox One

Windows 10 has a beautiful new Task View to see all running games and apps and I would love to see a similarly implemented Task View come to Xbox One.

The Xbox One's "View" button uses the same icon (two rectangles overlapped) as the Task View button in Windows 10. Thus I propose a long press of the "View" button should bring up the Xbox One Task View.

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1080p dashboard on Xbox 360

They should make the dashboard display in 1080p natively rather than upscaled to make it look smoother and clearer.

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ready to install list 360

My 360 HD is getting very full. Recently had to delete a lot of games from it. I know 360 has a download history list but trawling through all the dlc that I have downloaded to reinstall a game I want to play is annoying.

I think a ready to install list like on X1 for all the games downloaded on 360 would be a great idea.

188 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Don't Turn off TV When Restarting Xbox

There's a "Restart now" option on the settings app. How about it doesn't turn off your TV when using this option.

For my TV, it doesn't accept the turn back on command because the Xbox turns on too quickly compared to the TV.

184 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to download in background (Instant On) then switch to Energy Saving Mode after download is complete

Currently, the Xbox One only supports background downloading when the system has Standby-mode enabled. I would like MS to add the feature to start a download and turn off the system automatically when the download is done without having to have the standby-mode on.

184 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show all currently open apps/games by pressing the view button on the Home Screen

The Xbox One is a great multi-tasking device, snapping and being able to switch apps instantly with voice is awesome. Sometimes I'd like to be able to see all the apps/games that are currently running. Whether I want to switch between apps, or stop them from running in the background, there should be a visual multi-tasking menu that shows all currently open apps and games.

The view button is extremely underutilized. Even the view icon shows 1 window overlapping another, suggesting multi-tasking. Please consider implementing a multi-tasking menu in a future Xbox One update.

184 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Xbox anti theft security system

I should be able to register my console and setup security measures. If I report it stolen it locks down until I unlock it. In fact that should be required if the console goes online ever. This way almost every console will have it and it can just be common knowledge that a stolen xbox is worthless. Phones do it, so should consoles.

182 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Offline Boxart for Xbox 360

Please allow for box art to be seen offline (or if not feasible, the achievement icon in place of boxart)

Currently if you play offline, your 'My Games' section is 90% empty space, 5% game title, and 5% achievement score

181 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. resume downloads from where they fail, dont start from 0% again

Not everyone in the world has great internet so with large downloads a failure is inevitable. If the download could resume for failure point or at least close to if the download was divided into several parts.

181 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. List of games/apps that needs updating for 360

Everyone knows the feeling when you want to play an old game, you put the disc in, and there's an update waiting for you. I suggest a list under the settings menu, a list that shows apps and games that have new updates available, and a possibility to download the update there, without a disc.

180 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Preferred gaming language setting

Since you for some reason lock language and region (please don't explain this by Kinect, 360 had Kinect but I could set my console to English and still be in France and buy from the local Store) you should add a setting to define a Preferred gaming language which would make all games appear in that language if the corresponding localization is on the disc or in the download.

This would take away a lot of pain from us Europeans who are always getting games in our native language although we would prefer the English original since game L10N is…

173 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. clear cache button

would be nice if on the Dashboard could be a "clear cache" Button.
    If there are Problems with the xbox you can only click the "clear cache".

Most Problems would be easily solved :)

169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Implementation of NAS game storage

I am aware that microsoft has updated the xbox one to support external harddrives. however i would like to ask if things can be taken one step further

I have about 16TB of NAS storage available at home which are partitioned into different drives and shared across my network, currently the xbox allows for me to view movies and music off of these shared drives but they do not allow me to save games to them at all. what i would really love is if the xbox gave users the ability to store games on network attached storage. I really…

169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Xbox saves should be available offline

I just discovered that because I have Xbox Live Gold, all my game saves are automatically saved to The Cloud and there is no way of changing this. On top of this there is no way of moving the saved games to my Xbox One harddrive meaning if my internet goes down, Xbox Live goes down or in my case this week, wish to take my Xbox on holiday where I will have no internet I cannot start where I left off meaning I'll have to start whole new games which would be pointless with games like GTA V and…

168 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. HDR Support For Original Xbox One

If Sony can firmware update all ps4s to use hdr than I know for a fact its possible for you sorcerers on the Xbox Team to make this happen easily for all Xbox Ones.

167 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add 21:9 Ultra Widescreen support for Xbox One S

I traded in my Xbox One Elite console for an Xbox One S after being told by Xbox Support on Twitter that it could upscale to 1440p ultrawide (21:9) displays.

As I use a 34" ultrawide display that has a resolution of 3440x1440 I jumped at it because I was tired of losing graphics quality because the 1920x1080 image was being stretched.

After finding out that the info I had been given was false they decided to send me here instead, so here we are.

If the One S is capable of upscaling to 4K there is no reason to…

161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix the "Let's Play" invite notification, it doesn't tell who sent the invite

For some reason the "Let's Play" notification when another player invites you for a game doesn't have any information on WHO sent the invite. The notification just says "Let's Play" and the instructions to hold the X button to accept, along with the gamer picture of the one who invited.

The gamer picture is not enough to tell me who invited because most people use the same pictures and if I'm not waiting for the invite (for example, if I get invited in Destiny while in the Tower) I don't imediately know who that picture belongs to (or if I…

160 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Replace the boot-up screen with a dark and metallic look

Instead of the all Green background with the White "Xbox One" logo we get when we turn on our consoles, I think it'll be much more attractive to replace it with the new, all Black background with the Metallic colored Xbox logo in the middle.I've been seeing it a lot lately at Xbox conferences and E3 shows when they first reveal a exclusive game. not only is it a cleaner look, but it's much more attractive.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "The Boot up screen people get when we turn on our consoles."]

159 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let us switch between the Windows 10 NXOE Dashboard and the Previous Dashboard

The new look is ugly!!!!!! Even worse then PS3.

[Mod edit: This idea was combined with a post from KushedxX. Thanks, everyone!]

158 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

85 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Don't update a game when it is running

I was just playing Alien: Isolation when, during gameplay I was pulled out of the game and got a message that an update is available. From there I couldn't get back to the game without updating. Updating closes the game. Alien: Isolation only has occasional save points (yeah, I just lost 15 minutes of creeping past scary aliens).

If there's an update for the game I'm playing, the console should download the file and install it when I'm done playing. Not pull me out of the game.

156 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base