Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 581 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop putting what i've done in the notifications tab..

The notifications tab should tell me about incoming messages or when friends have bought a new game or when something else has happened to a friend. Stop putting everything i do into the notification area. For example if i record a 30 second clip i don't need to be notified that i've done it. I know i've done it.

564 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Social Tab instead of Friends Tab

I would like to see the Friends Tab to be replaced by a Social Tab.

Social Tab features (basic)

- Friends list

Social Tab features (detailed):

- A scrollable friends list without opening the app.
    - The option to invite friends in the friends list by pressing the view button.
    - A scrollable messages/conversations, when you select it you will be able to see the conversation and to send messages without using snap or opening an app.
    - Option to start a party and to manage a party without having to open snapmode.

560 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring back disc-in-drive identification on the dashboard

I was very happy when the new update came out, but I disliked how there was no longer a way to identify what disk you have in the drive, if we could, have it in some way, back in the lower right corner of the new OS (in it's new style) that would be appreciated. Keep up the hard work!

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by DreamTheater05. Thanks everyone!]

558 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove all non-Xbox advertisements

I once noticed a mac donalds advertisment on my Xbox One. I also noticed this on Xbox 360.

Please get remove this Microsoft. It is a gaming machine, not a commercial machine

555 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to play music from any other device by USB or Bluetooth

Playing music in the background of my turtle beaches on the 360 while I played halo was epic! Please!!!! Have Bluetooth or USB on the xbox that way we can plug our devices and listen to music while we play....

536 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Console update notification

Please add a notification that tells you when a console update is available to download. I'm seeing a lot of people that aren't even aware of new updates.

521 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add hard drive maintenance feature to Xbox One

Should have option to perform maintenance like on 360.

[Mod edit: Changed title from "improved hard drive maintenance" to better reflect this suggestion. Thanks!]

519 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Option to change Pop up Notification Location

I think it would be really cool to allow the user to move the pop up notification window on an individual game basis. Say for one game it may be easier to have the notifications window in the top right corner instead of the bottom center area where it may potentially block a hud element. Also allowing the developers to alter the notifications location would be great as well.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from av3rag3gam3rguy and others. Thanks everyone!]

508 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Internet Disconnect notification

Internet Disconnect notification.

504 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bulk copy game saves to cloud storage

In order to help migrate from the 360 to the One, it would be extremely convenient to have an option or function to move all saved game data (excluding DLC installations) for an account from the hard drive to cloud storage. It is especially tedious to have to do this manually, one at a time, for games that save a lot of separate files rather than one "Saved Game" file per account.

Granted, we'll also need increased cloud storage space to accommodate this.... ;)

481 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Download system update in the background.

Sometimes I like to be playing but has a system update to download. If it were possible to download in the background while I use my Xbox to the console off and then upgrade, I think it would be much better.

471 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to Turn Off the Console On/Off Sound

When i turn on or shut down the Xbox with the controller it has sound like i touch the button. You can include the option to turn on/off start and shut down sound in the settings. (This is after the recent preview update)

462 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Default startup application

Allow us to set a default application for the Xbox to launch on startup. For example, I'd like to set the TV application to automatically launch on startup.

442 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The ability to force restart a game if it crashes without waiting for it reboot

Instead of having to force quit a game and waiting to boot it back up, give us the option to restart the game.

437 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Set background image from Internet Explorer

With the new background image option on the Xbox One Dashboard, background images should be able to be set from the Internet Explorer browser.

428 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. To have a choice on the Xbox One to have the One or 360 dashboard!

I have a Xbox One but I don't use it much due to the dashboard being rubbish. I think the 360 dashboard is perfect & should be the new Xbox One dashboard! If you agree spread the word!!!!!!

427 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Transfer and Manage Xbox 360 Saves on Xbox One Via USB for Backward Compatibility

For using saves on the backwards compatibility, it would be great if you could use usbs to transfer saves from the 360 to the one so you have more data space for 360 saves or make the cloud storage bigger than 512mb as I feel that, that's too small especially if you're going to play a lot of 360 games

421 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remote play like PS4 and Wii U

I am extremely impressed with the Remote Play function of the PS4 and Wii U: you can stream games from your console to your handheld devices (ps vita) or wii u gamepad and play it anywhere in your house.
    Since Windowsphone 8 supports game controller, I want to be able to stream games from my Xbox One to my Windowsphone 8 devices (lumia 920) and play it on my phone with the support of game controller such as: Moga controller… or xbox one controller. I even wish that i can stream games from Xbox One to my computer running Windows…

413 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unlimited pins on the dashboard

It will be great to this achieved on the new xbox one update

411 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base