Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. fix the dimming screen problem (netflix/hulu)

everytime i watch a video on netflix/hulu, the screen dims every 10 minutes, which makes me keep turning my controller on, which kills my battery alot faster, which makes me spend my money on batteries and not your products. please fix the problem

791 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pin folders

Please give us a second tier of pins. So that we can possibly keep all our games in separate folders rather then letting them all pile up to the left. An example, is that I could create a pin folder and call it "horror games" and put all my horror games in that folder, and so on and so forth.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from lessthankris. Thanks, everyone!]

786 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

52 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to use Bing Picture of the Day as Xbox One Dashboard Background

Many people have been requesting to have the ability to set there own backgrounds on Xbox One which would be incredible but it would also be nice to have the option to use those beautiful pictures from Bing as our Dashboard background on the Xbox One and like Bing would update daily to whatever the picture of the day is on the Bing website.

763 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Console & Game Updates to Download in the Background while Playing Games

Please allow this to happen so we can still play on the Xbox One while it's updating thank you.

741 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have the "Hello <Name>" greeting change depending on time of day

When you turn on your xbox and it says hello <your name>, have it react to the time of day. For instance, say "Good Morning Chris" from 12Am to noon, or "Good Afternoon John" in the afternoon, or "Good Evening Susan" in the evening.

735 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification when a game you own is backward compatible

For those that have a lot of Xbox 360 games digitally owned, please give us notifications when games we purchased on xbox 360 are able to be played on Xbox One.

723 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. you should be able to connect your phone via Bluetooth and play music on your xbox

Have a way that you can connect your phone to your xbox so you can listen to music from your phone while you play games and even be able to watch videos from your phone on your xbox too!

711 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatic updates for people using Energy Saving Mode

Please add automatic game and app updates for consoles using energy saving mode.

Its quite annoying getting prompted to download a large update when starting a game.

What you could do is have the console check for updates for all games and apps after switching on. If there is an update then automatically add it to the download queue.

That way there would be less disruption from update prompts as patches would be downloaded automatically even if you are not playing that specific game or app.

710 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More customizing options for the tile's colors

Make the whole 16.000 colors available to choose from and let us use several colors at once like the UI customizing in Final Fantasy VII was. (In FF VII you could change the color for every corner of the boxes leading to a fluent transition of one color into another.)

707 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pre-install disc based games

I know that pretty soon we can install games before they release, but to my knowledge this is digital only copies of the game. I think it would be cool to pre install disc based game, like you would with digital, but it would be free; you would just need a disc to play it. This would help a lot of people who want to buy a disc after work or the midnight launch, then they can play it when they get home instead of waiting for the install and be on even terms with digital owners.

691 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Xbox Set Alarm And Sleep Timer

Being physically disabled pretty much has me using voice commands all day for whatever reason. Can't reach the remote, just easier, etc. Often I wish I had voice commands for basically everything, but one feature that'd be really neat is "Xbox Set Alarm" which would bring up a prompt with what time, channel, volume, and sleep timer. Xbox would power off after the selected sleep timer duration, power on at a specific time, tune to the specific channel, and set the desired volume level.

One potential problem is the xbox can't tell what your volume is at, so what it…

688 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a section in home where it notifies you about System updates, App updates, Controller Updates

I was thinking about how Xbox should notify you about updates.
    Like in the Notification area or somewhere in Home.
    It could be more helpful so people could be up to date with the latest versions of system Updates, App Updates, and even controller Updates.

675 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Themes that change based on the last game played or the disc in the tray

As an option to a static theme, create themes and tile color schemes based on the last game played. Developers could include a background image and a color palette for tiles.

It would give the interface a more organic feel as opposed to a static theme.

672 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Split the Ready to Install list into "Full Games" and "Demos"

The "Ready to install" list now shows all possible games that are ready to install. It would be nice if demos get moved to their own list to declutter the list.

669 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better update controller notification

A better controller notification method, generally I only know that there is an update for my controller reading on the internet.

655 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disable "Ready to Start" for games that won't let you play unless 100% installed

It has happened to me with many games now that as I'm installing them it says the they're "ready to start", but when I start them they don't let me go past the menus until they're 100% installed. Even though you can actually start up the software of the game, I think it's useless for games like these to say that they're "ready to start" because you can't actually start the game. What's the point in starting up these games to just look at the main menu saying that there's x% of installation progress when you can check that on…

640 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a way to manage (or even see) game saves.

I had a game installed and then beat it and uninstalled it. Now the game save is gone.

From what I have read it should still be on my system but there is no way to manage that data (move, copy delete) or even see that it exists without putting the game back in and re-installing it.

How about fixing the Xbox One data management and getting it working like it did on the 360?

636 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Creating an update that will allow the time to be constantly on the dashboard.

When you are on the dashboard it would be nice to have the clock displayed on the dashboard for a quick reference to the time instead of trying to search around to your computer, cell phone or any other method. Having something as simple as a clock on the dash board would be really convenient.

636 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Full Support for Fast External Storage Transfers (e.g. SSDs)

Make load times shorter. Also, Windows 8 supports this.

609 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Underscan or Overscan Settings

Ability to set borders of TV display, to battle "overscan" on TV's where this issue cannot be disabled.

603 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

303 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base