Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have the Xbox One remember more than one wireless password

It is ridiculous that my 500gig xbox cant remember more than one 1kb wifi password.
    Hated that with the 360 and was shocked to see the issue is still present on the ONE.
    Please Im tired of writing the same passwords everytime I bring my xbox to one of my friends’ place.

1,140 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

158 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Weather Notifications in regards to Emergency Situations

I was recently playing video games in a storm recently and to my dismay I was involved in a tornado. I was not personally affected but my area was. I was not aware of the weather situation at the time because I was gaming my living and had my headset on and could not hear the sirens. When I found out what happened I almost went into shock. I know it's a stretch but how fantastic would it be if we had the option to set up our systems to notify us for emergencies that are happening around us. There…

1,110 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make a Schedule of Xbox One Updates like Windows 10 (Only 2 or 4 Updates Per Year)

What the heck is Wrong with you people ??? Everytime i turn on my Xbox One a new Update is waiting for me. I play my console on Weekends. So everytime i need to play some games there is a so called Prompt waiting for me - "It's time to Update". It is very annoying; its like UPDATE NOW OR GO TO HELL.

So why don't you guys just make a Simple Update Schedule for Xbox One like you did with Windows 10 (2 Updates Per Year). Make a similar Schedule for Xbox One too. So everyone just knows about…

1,091 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BD-R Support (Play burned BDR discs)

Updating the BluRay drive firmware to enable support for BD-R disc.

1,088 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

415 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Icons to Identify Games Acquired Through Subscriptions Like Game Pass, Games With Gold, or Purchased

As my game library grows through regular purchases, sales, GwG and subscriptions, I've found it harder to remember which games I actually own, and which are proved through subscription services. It would be great if the games in my library that were acquired through these services had a small mark to indicate if my license is only valid as long as that subscription is active. Making it easier to identify whether my games are my own, or whether they are available through Game Pass, EA Access or Games with Gold would allow players to make more informed decisions when faced…

1,080 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Warning before system update

Every time I'm playing a online game I get kicked in a middle of a session because of a new update for the preview program. Please give us a warning, a timer or a time limit to update, and/or the system wait until the console recognizes that a game is not running. It really sucks when your in a middle of a Raid (Destiny) I seem to always get kicked from the game.

-- Also it would be nice to either get some kind of a sign that a game has an update or have the option to automatically update…

1,077 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow folders to organize Games /Apps

We need organization for our games libraries (apps too.) Folders that could be managed manually by the users would be ideal. My digital collection is already getting cluttered, i would love to group games into folders which i could name, etc.

1,066 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hard Reset from Power Off Menu

Would be great to be able to hard reset from the power off menu, considering how much we have to perform this.

1,031 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customizable System Sounds

Allow for the ability to customize sounds for several aspects of the X1, from start up, to disk eject/insert, controller on/of, log in, app open/close etc.

Have a page within settings where you can set a soundbyte to several of these situations, then include a checkbox that you can turn it on or off at the click of a button.

Make SOME of these sounds unlock-able with achievements/challenges.

I.e. When a person logs in "Welcome back pilot, I have kept the seat warm for you", Turning the system on...."Standby for Titanfall" (Perhaps even make the startup profile log in screen…

1,025 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. please add Dolby Vision playback on Xbox One X

Microsoft has clearly shown that they want us to pay a premium price for "the most powerful console" ever. They continue to speak about HDR and 4k. Why is there no mention of support for Dolby Vision. This is clearly superior to HDR10. When they tout such processing power and tech specs, why do we not get this feature. $500 is alot to ask for something that is not nearly as cutting edge as advertised. MICROSOFT....PLEASE ADD DOLBY VISION SUPPORT!!!!!

1,002 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable/Disable System Sounds

Hi all silence-lovers. Would it be wonderful to navigate with XB1 without the disturbing "plong, pling" sounds? In one simple word:Yes! It would be a real pleasure to use XB-Music, when you are able to just listen to music instead of "pling, plong" feedback from the system. The controller is noisy enough. So just vote, place a comment and we can make this happen.

973 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

328 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Pressing B button should not re-open background apps

When at the main home screen pressing the B button will auto-load the last used game or app, and is often triggered accidently whilst trying to back out of various scenarios. This is extremely frustrating and annoying.
    When i exit a game, and go to the additional courtesy of selecting 'quit' to fully close it i do not wish it to open straight back up again as i press B to back out of the guide etc.
    Nor do i want apps or games randomly starting if i proceed through the store page after page and then utilise B as…

960 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Scheduling games download time

Everyone doesnt have unlimited internet plan.
    But during a day there is some times that the plan is unlimited, for example during 1Am to 8Am.
    Add Scheduling for game downloads would help me to schedule my downloads to 1-8am.

936 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Split Screen to Separate TVs using the HDMI ports

I know this is true for me: I love playing with friends on the same Xbox, but hate doing split screen. I think, if it is possible, that is would be awesome if I could use the HDMI ports for the out and the in to both be out ports. When playing a game that has split screen for multiple local players, like Halo, to have both players playing on separate tvs. Of course, there should be an option to change from split screen to split tvs. That would be awesome!

894 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

95 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Put a "Sales"page in your Xbox one games store ok?

I know you have the games with gold page on the Dash,BUT we need a in Store page to show ALL the sales.Like you do on Xbox-360! It makes it easier to find games instead of digging through tons of games that ARE NOT on sale guys*even Ps3&Ps4 have this feature....

874 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support 1080i TV's

My Sony Bravia HD 1080i TV is not supported on x1...
    Image auto decreases to 720p.

1080i please!

838 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have an option to auto turn off when finished downloading

When i am dowloading high GB games i usually do it overnight and I dont want it sitting there all night doing nothing until I wake up

834 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1440p support for Xbox One X

Please support 1440p with project Scorpio, 1440p is growing a lot more popular among PC players due to it being much cheaper than 4K monitors, and has affordable monitors at 144+hrz. I have been interested in buying a 1440p 144hrz monitor for my PC but I would also like to use it for Xbox and I don't want to be stuck using 1080p on Scorpio since 4K 144hrz monitors are only now being announced and released and cost much more than a 1440p 144hrz for little benefit.

824 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Pins need to be moved on the NXOE Dashboard

As I watched the walkthrough for the new dashboard I couldn't help but notice that our Pins will be at the bottom of our recent games & apps. Pins are supposed to be easy to get to for quickly launching our favorite games and apps. Burying them under our recents is making harder to get to and only reducing our productivity.

Please, as of now, that is my only complaint with the new dashboard and I look forward to testing it out as a Preview member.

819 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 794 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base