Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full Windows 10 on Xbox One

Give the ability to install full Windows 10 and use it a full desktop PC and then when ready, switch to Xbox mode for serious gaming. Since the Xbox one has 3 OSs (Window, Hyper-V, and Xbox OS), it would really cool to have Xbox with full PC capabilities for serious computing and when ready, switch to Xbox Gaming for serious entertainment. This could make the "ultimate Xbox." This could increase the sales of Xbox. Also, make monitors with Kinects built in as the default camera and microphone for the "ultimate Xbox." Market it as a "Signature Series" PC, exclusive…

2,176 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

86 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't advertise games I already own on the dashboard

I own Gears of War UE, please quit reminding me on the dashboard that I should buy it. Please scan the games I have purchased and do not send these advertisements to me, instead give me advertisements that can influence me.

2,170 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2,161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Download History

Would like a option to check download History similar to Xbox 360, currently the only way to do this is to go to games and apps and go to the far right to see what was downloaded.

2,088 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add the option to choose "Shutdown" or "Sleep Mode" (Instant On) when you hold down the Xbox button

I think it would make things a lot easier if upon holding the Xbox button we were presented with "Shutdown", "Sleep", "Turn off controller", or "Cancel". Always having to go into settings to change between instant on and power saver is a hassle. This would just be a nice QOL improvement.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar suggestion from Lobo 0084. Thanks, everyone!]

1,883 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. End of the Xbox 360 Update

Dear Microsoft,

One day in the near future, it’s understandable that the Xbox 360 will end its glorious life, and become legend in the console history books.

Would it be possible though, when this sad day comes to have a final update to the system to enable it to be enjoyed indefinitely.

What would be great is:

- No requirements to be connected to servers for such things as game artwork, for our games on demand libraries. Load the entire library’s art onto the local drives.
    - Removed all tiles, apps that will not work after support ends, Market Place,…

1,880 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save Controller preferences like Southpaw, Default, Legacy, etc. to the Cloud

XBOX 360 has the ability to remember that I play inverted and my friends accounts as well. For instance, when playing a game, I hand the controller to my friend and Kinect detects him, it should automatically change to his settings.

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with a similar idea from Crimson Kaiju. Thanks everyone!]

1,826 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

118 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rollout Directx 12

We know there are significant performance gains to be had; sooner better than later, for devs and gamers alike.

[Mod Edit: this idea was merged with similar ideas from TOP PREDAT0R+, Chapel+, ultraaslan92+, and others. Thanks everyone!]

1,654 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add an Xbox Live Rewards Tab on the Dashboard

It would be nice to see progress and credit balance at a glance instead of having to boot up IE to see information.

1,609 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Idle Home Screen Becomes A Screensaver

When the xbox is idle and not on TV it would be neat for the xbox to display different images and news from online sources kind of how the chromecast works when idle.

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with a similar idea from H8R 2, pulseMOD and others. Thanks everyone!]

1,605 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow games stored on an external drive to be playable when offline!

Please allow games that we have stored on an external hard drive to be playable when offline.
    Currently NONE of the games stored on my external HDD appear when I'm not connected to xbox live, and this means I'm unable to play the games I want to.
    It also means if I were to take my games to a friends house, I still won't be able to play unless connected to live!
    Please fix!

1,496 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Clear Cache Option

Something that Xbox One really needs is the option to clear cache. I know this can be done by doing a hard reset but it is completely unnecessary to do a hard reset just to clear our cache. The Xbox 360 had a simple option to clear cache when you were in the settings menu and I this really needs to return to the Xbox One.

I would like to suggest adding it in the settings menu or storage menu to make it much easier to clear our cache without having to unplug the power.

Since the Xbox One UI…

1,466 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Don't have to install game disc to play it.

Just make it exactly like the Xbox 360, simple as that

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from +fuzzlow beast25. Thanks, everyone!]

1,458 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

324 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Patch notes when a game or app updates

I just got a 17 GB update from killer Instinct, why?!!
    Every time I launch this game there is an update, the last update was 11 GB and it only gets larger each time. I'm getting sick and tired of beta testing games as soon as they are released.

1,454 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keyboard and mouse support for games

Keyboard support is here, now add mouse support for gaming so I don't have to purchase an adapter to do so. I can't tell you how much I would appreciate that! Also cross platform against Windows PC's would be pretty darn cool. Maybe in the next few years?

1,391 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

188 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep the ability to "hide" the Mixer, Community and Store tabs on the dashboard.

Recently, it was discovered that holding in the left joystick and pressing the Y button on the Dashboard brought up a menu that lets us remove, or "hide" the tabs for Mixer, Community, and Store. Major Nelson has since commented on this and said it wasn't a feature that was intentionally added and will be removed soon.

This, I feel, is a feature that should absolutely be added, or stay. Not everyone cares for these tabs, regardless of how the Xbox team feels. And a lot of users are reporting faster menu speeds as a whole with these tabs disabled,…

1,343 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Xbox Live Service alert directly on the dashboard

It's quite frustrating when you switch on your Xbox One and you figure out you can't access your profile, games and apps, and it says your connection is not unavailable whereas you have checked all your network settings and everything is all right. I think when there is a problem with the Xbox Live service, a message should be displayed on the dashboard (maybe next to or under the globe icon for the notifications) to notify that the service is down right now. Even further, you could get more details (the same type of infos displayed on Xbox.com on the…

1,316 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a Games Tab to the Xbox One Dashboard

Please add a Games Tab on the Xbox One dashboard where we can see all our games. Pinning games is fine for now but there will come a moment were I can't pin my games anymore because I reached the limit.

A simple Games Tab that shows all your games would be a perfect solution.

1,223 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When using auto sign-in I still have to select an account to use when I want to play a game

So basically, I turn on my Xbox, it signs me in, I go to a game, and the game asks me to choose a profile. If I'm using auto sign in I shouldn't have to re-sign in when starting up a game. I really hope to see this change soon!

1,183 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Press Xbox Button Once to Go Home

With the new update it took away the whole purpose of the home button. going to the home screen. it needs to do what the name suggests.

1,145 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base