Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sleep Timer for xbox one

Being able to set a sleep timer where you can set the xbox to turn off after 30 mins or more and it will turn off along with what ever tv and cable devices are connetcted. This is the only setback that stops me from fully loving my xbox one experience. I go to sleep with the tv on so I use the sleep timer on my tv but my xbox will run all night because the 1 hr inactivity doesn't work when the xbox in in tv mode. So I disconnected my cable from the xbox one just so…

2,268 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

220 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add the option to choose "Shutdown" or "Sleep Mode" (Instant On) when you hold down the Xbox button

I think it would make things a lot easier if upon holding the Xbox button we were presented with "Shutdown", "Sleep", "Turn off controller", or "Cancel". Always having to go into settings to change between instant on and power saver is a hassle. This would just be a nice QOL improvement.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar suggestion from Lobo 0084. Thanks, everyone!]

1,892 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hard Reset from Power Off Menu

Would be great to be able to hard reset from the power off menu, considering how much we have to perform this.

1,034 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Xbox Set Alarm And Sleep Timer

Being physically disabled pretty much has me using voice commands all day for whatever reason. Can't reach the remote, just easier, etc. Often I wish I had voice commands for basically everything, but one feature that'd be really neat is "Xbox Set Alarm" which would bring up a prompt with what time, channel, volume, and sleep timer. Xbox would power off after the selected sleep timer duration, power on at a specific time, tune to the specific channel, and set the desired volume level.

One potential problem is the xbox can't tell what your volume is at, so what it…

689 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default startup application

Allow us to set a default application for the Xbox to launch on startup. For example, I'd like to set the TV application to automatically launch on startup.

443 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Switch receiver input if necessary when turning on Xbox

When using Kinect to turn on Xbox, TV and receiver, if the receiver was last used on a different input, Xbox does not switch to the correct input and you must manually change it.

404 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve Boot and Loading Times (post NXOE)

The title says it all. The console takes 35-45 seconds to boot up. That is a ridiculously long time for a console considering the PS4 takes 15 seconds to boot up. This is with power-savings settings being equal (not using instant on mode). In addition the UI is still sluggish. Opening apps, moving through the UI, getting into settings, etc. is all slow. Booting games is slower than with the PS4 across third party titles. The Xbox OS needs to be seriously reworked. Things got better with the new Xbox experience (Windows 10) update but the OS is still slow…

346 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. the ability to disable the power button on the console itself.

I have kids of different ages that seem to bump the power button a lot! Would like to use voice commands or the controller to turn on and off the console.

272 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More options for automated shut down

Currently there are only options for
    • 1 hr of inactivity
    • 6 hrs of inactivity
    • Dont turn off

Having the option to let users actually set there own custom automated shut down times would be great

246 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Eject Disc without powering on X1 (Power Saving mode)

Would be nice to eject a disc (return Netflix, game, etc.) without the whole system turning on - and then having to turn it all off again [Power Saving mode].

218 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Don't Turn off TV When Restarting Xbox

There's a "Restart now" option on the settings app. How about it doesn't turn off your TV when using this option.

For my TV, it doesn't accept the turn back on command because the Xbox turns on too quickly compared to the TV.

185 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to download in background (Instant On) then switch to Energy Saving Mode after download is complete

Currently, the Xbox One only supports background downloading when the system has Standby-mode enabled. I would like MS to add the feature to start a download and turn off the system automatically when the download is done without having to have the standby-mode on.

185 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Replace the boot-up screen with a dark and metallic look

Instead of the all Green background with the White "Xbox One" logo we get when we turn on our consoles, I think it'll be much more attractive to replace it with the new, all Black background with the Metallic colored Xbox logo in the middle.I've been seeing it a lot lately at Xbox conferences and E3 shows when they first reveal a exclusive game. not only is it a cleaner look, but it's much more attractive.

[Mod edit: Title changed from "The Boot up screen people get when we turn on our consoles."]

159 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Child Lock Settings for the Power Button

Children love bright buttons! Unfortunately, that means that my Xbox is being turned off frequently while I am playing with the touch of a button.

A feature to "child lock" the power button would be nice.

With this feature, the button would either need to be held down or pressed a designated amount of times to work (ex: 3 times).

153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base