Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. please add Dolby Vision playback on Xbox One X

Microsoft has clearly shown that they want us to pay a premium price for "the most powerful console" ever. They continue to speak about HDR and 4k. Why is there no mention of support for Dolby Vision. This is clearly superior to HDR10. When they tout such processing power and tech specs, why do we not get this feature. $500 is alot to ask for something that is not nearly as cutting edge as advertised. MICROSOFT....PLEASE ADD DOLBY VISION SUPPORT!!!!!

1,064 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

79 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support 1080i TV's

My Sony Bravia HD 1080i TV is not supported on x1...
    Image auto decreases to 720p.

1080i please!

842 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

141 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1440p support for Xbox One X

Please support 1440p with project Scorpio, 1440p is growing a lot more popular among PC players due to it being much cheaper than 4K monitors, and has affordable monitors at 144+hrz. I have been interested in buying a 1440p 144hrz monitor for my PC but I would also like to use it for Xbox and I don't want to be stuck using 1080p on Scorpio since 4K 144hrz monitors are only now being announced and released and cost much more than a 1440p 144hrz for little benefit.

834 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. you should be able to connect your phone via Bluetooth and play music on your xbox

Have a way that you can connect your phone to your xbox so you can listen to music from your phone while you play games and even be able to watch videos from your phone on your xbox too!

712 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Underscan or Overscan Settings

Ability to set borders of TV display, to battle "overscan" on TV's where this issue cannot be disabled.

606 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

305 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 3d passthrough for the Xbox One

Currently, the Xbox one is unable to allow a 3d signal to pass through it. An example is the direct tv 3d channels report no 3d equipment detected when there clearly is. I would suggest a fix for this so I can view ask of my tv channels without having to remove the Xbox one from it's current pass through mode.

275 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Play Background Music through Xbox Chat Headset

It would be a cool idea to have a music service through your chat headset, and you can toggle which sound mode you want (Music or Voice Chat), and have it snapped on the side with the music player options (Play, Pause, Rewind, Fast-Forward, Shuffle, etc)

249 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. HD Audio pass through the HDMI IN port

DTS-HD and DD True HD output through the HDMI IN port

The situation is this: you have that Xbox One S and are enjoying 4k. You also want the highest quality of audio. But most receivers dont support 4k.

This means you gotta either choose between high quality video or high quality audio. (DTS-HD and DD True HD)

A lot of people dont use the HDMI in port as of now. Wouldnt it be nice to make a software update that allows the output of HDMI audio trough the HDMI in port?

This way people are able to enjoy both…

236 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Update original Xbox One to 4K

Original Xbox One should support 4K resolution video and improved picture quality by expanded support for color spaces. That is not quite HDR color, but at least 4K should be possible. There should not be any hardware limitations (HDMI (1.4) supports 4K (30Hz) and other hardware should be more than capable) and even Yusuf Mehdi (corporate vice president of marketing and strategy for Microsoft) has stated that there is no hardware restriction that would prevent games from running at 4K resolution. Xbox One just needs an update to enable 4K video (Home/Dashboard, Blu-ray Disc, YouTube, Netflix, streaming and even maybe…

211 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. HDR Support For Original Xbox One

If Sony can firmware update all ps4s to use hdr than I know for a fact its possible for you sorcerers on the Xbox Team to make this happen easily for all Xbox Ones.

168 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add 21:9 Ultra Widescreen support for Xbox One S

I traded in my Xbox One Elite console for an Xbox One S after being told by Xbox Support on Twitter that it could upscale to 1440p ultrawide (21:9) displays.

As I use a 34" ultrawide display that has a resolution of 3440x1440 I jumped at it because I was tired of losing graphics quality because the 1920x1080 image was being stretched.

After finding out that the info I had been given was false they decided to send me here instead, so here we are.

If the One S is capable of upscaling to 4K there is no reason to…

166 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The Xbox Scorpio needs to be versatile and offer a 1080p display option

There's been an awful lot of mixed messaging over the last couple of days on what the Xbox Scorpio will represent in terms of visual display.

Please do not double down on 4K as the defining display factor for the system, Xbox gamers are already in an awkward position through owning an Xbox One were the system isn't quite powerful enough to offer consistent 1080p native gaming at higher framerates and please don't put the Scorpio into a forced position where it has to maximise itself limiting game potential just to facilitate a higher 4K resolution.

The scorpio system needs…

153 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow user to define a language audio settings different for game

Allow user to define a setting that will set the language for game context only and not the complete console. It would be like for BD where you can define your prefered language audio without having to change the settings of your BD drive. This would allow non native English to enjoy original version while keeping the general command like go home, record that, ... in their own language. It would also work for studios that are shipping multilingual version but forgot to add a language switch in menu.

126 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base