Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Full Windows 10 on Xbox One

Give the ability to install full Windows 10 and use it a full desktop PC and then when ready, switch to Xbox mode for serious gaming. Since the Xbox one has 3 OSs (Window, Hyper-V, and Xbox OS), it would really cool to have Xbox with full PC capabilities for serious computing and when ready, switch to Xbox Gaming for serious entertainment. This could make the "ultimate Xbox." This could increase the sales of Xbox. Also, make monitors with Kinects built in as the default camera and microphone for the "ultimate Xbox." Market it as a "Signature Series" PC, exclusive from Microsoft.

2,185 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DaredDarkurious shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

87 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kiwitui commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah Id be keen for win 10. Got the XBOX ONE X now so would be nice to have win 10 on the original ONE

• ProcessStat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very cool idea. I personally never work and play at the same time. A boot menu will be enough to select the target system....

• GrumpyTy34er commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly I'd probably buy a second Xbox if they made full Windows Support. One specifically for gaming and media (Netflix, Twitch, Blu-Ray, etc.) and one specifically for a desktop computer. The hardware is sound, I know what I'm getting, and it would be nice to have something that can run PC games better than my laptop that I use for browsing the web.

• JENKID SCARR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like this idea... But I would like it better if they put the full xbox platform in a laptop instead of putting windows 10 on the XBOX... So the XBOX would be mobile!

• ObligedKitten21 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn`t agree more, dude ;) It will be cool "PC and ps4" killing feature, because you`ll get a full PC and next-gen console 2-in-1 for (really?) "just 500$". It would be soooo great - running ue4 and testing at the same time (real-time movie via ue4 as well). I can only imagine Microsoft sells 100million consoles after this announcement and shatter ps4. And a lot of developers with their optimized exclusives as well. So bring it, Microsoft, please ;)

• DoomedRacer6088 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the Xbox team makes an update in which you can have full windows 10 in the xbox one x, I'd sell my PC in an instant and grab the xbox anytime. It's sexy, looks slick, slim has 8 core cpu, 12gb ram, 6tflop gpu, etc. They could simply have a xbox app that allows to run xbox games if you are running full windows 10 in the xbox with full compatibility support.

• NightTester7985 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would REALLY like to use my Xbox more! Please make this happen! I will pay $300 more for the Scorpio (from the base model) if I can use it as a standard desktop!!!

• Niburu2010 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one more thing since samsung is getting for like probally a 25 to 50 cents licence agreement windows 10 UI on an android device, why the hell not , for $5-$10 let xbox users switch UI to full windows 10. beside i bet you could also have ported this from samsung android to another BSD known as playstation throw them $5 and microsoft $10 and let playstation store also allow playstation pros run for $20 windows 10 full out, without the canceled like linux cause open source and piracy.

oh forgot, make windows 10 UI, an option for xbox scorpio as a $5-$10 addon sold in microsoft app store.

with scorpion about to come out with 12GB of
    i would buy a new computer just to have ddr5 or is it even gddr5 running in a dual dual channel mode of unganged 128bit memory controllers for 256bit 320GB/s or cause jaguar 8 channel mode for true 512bit with 64bit controller per core.

i would buy a new pc from AMD through MICROSOFT now just for a windows 10 i can call fast enough and without insider previews i get now.

just give me full windows 10 option, like SHELL MODE windows 10 explorer app, like brought to samsung phones, running android.

make the sale for amd and for microsoft, all i want is a low power optimized pc for netflix 1080p/4k for cheap. without a new pc costs. to do so. and playing 4k blu rays, increasing those sales. when they drop to $10 cause of customer base. a pc customer base.

well that's all. or hope for the promise of $5 licencing on a xbox app which is also made when on pc in windows 10 mode.

wait xbox is an app so xbox scorpion should be windows 10 with xbox app or dual boot option , chosen by xbox menu for keyboard / mouse or controller users.

still get the sales. and come on, let us have gddr5 PC's already, LET IT if its ddr5 , come on don't make us wait until 2020-2022 for ddr5 make it happen 2018 cause of scorpion and ppl using that as PC's, push push disclose !!

• yoyodavid2002 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WE NEED THIS i plan on getting an xbox just because i need this feature, i don't care what people say, i really want to be able to have my own and mod it and stuff

• ThermicEwe65382 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So here I sit trying to determine if buying a PC is worth the money. I have multiple XB1s yet I don't have a DESKTOP. Is it in the near future to when I can install a FULL W10 version, I only ask because my son is wanting to make the switch to gaming PS but I know that the XB1 has the potential, atleast that's how we were sold on it.

So I ask again, is the XB1 capable to run Windows10 or is it merely a thought/dream ?

• Sandy4u commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be implemented. Why bother spending money on two devices when one can do the job? If it can handle, games it sure is capable of handling Word, excel, Internet explorer, Skype and what not.........

• Brudinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be cool to bring Windows Continuum to Xbox One, just plug in your phone or tablet and you´ll be able to use the TV screen

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base