Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Install multiple games and apps at once

Could you please let us install more than one game or app at once, just like on the PS4? It's very frustrating that the Xbox One can only download one game at a time. For example, I try to download an update for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Halo 3: ODST. So I want both to download and install at the same instead of having to wait one finish to install and then wait for another one. I don't want to leave the Xbox One on for hours just to install those games. And I don't want to enable instant-on, because this consumes too much power and it's like leaving the Xbox One 24/7. This is one thing that discourages me to buy multiplatform games on Xbox One, and I'd rather buy multiplatform games exclusively on PS4 until the Xbox One allows to install multiple games and apps at once.

2,206 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

InfiniteScout shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • EarthMouse63689 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am from India.... Here we don't have very fast internet like usa.. While downloading single game my Xbox one s download only at the speed of 15-20Mbps whereas my connection is of 50 Mbps....i am no tech expert but I think this difference is due to that the server speed per download of those game company is slower than mine....so it will be of great help if multiple games are allowed to download so that we can download at least 2-3 game during the same time....I don't know if that make sense or not as I don't have any knowledge of network related stuff as I said earlier.

• m9A3t commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Parallel downloads does not make sense at all. I own both consoles and the Xbox is around 8 times faster in download speed. I hate the PS4 to download 3 files parallel instead of finishing the first one in the queue as fast as possible so I can start the game.
    Please do not make parallel downloads possible!

• OneFastJedi88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally my Xbox hits my bandwidth limit when downloading so downloading two things at once would in no way be faster, I prefer the one thing at a time approach because if I queue up several things to all download in sequence then I can prioritize what I want to play first.

• The Clorox King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone trying to say XB1 is faster at anything than the PS4 is nothing more than a fanboy who's lying. I own both consoles and PS4 downloads quicker with multiple than XB1 does with one lol. Only got the XB1 for Forza and thank *** that's all I play.

• GoogieBear2006 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow all these morons comments how great the Xbox speed is
    Do any actually own a ps4?

Just got Xbox one and been installing battlefield for 3 days now a joke
    Tomb raider on ps4 took 5min to install compared to 45m on xb1
    Guess the s is for slow
    If it wasn't for gears I'd return this c64 wanna be console

• astralskills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wow man people are incredibly stupid. 1. ps4 is slower than dirt when installing games so anyone that's says it's faster than xbox1 is an idiot. how the Internet works smart ones is whatever you start downloading on first, will have priority regardless if it switches what it's downloading that console started first. ps4 allows multiple downloads at once and it screws with your console, HDD and memory which is why ps4 will always be inferior. xbox1 downloads 1 at a time but has 4 times the amount of download speed as ps4 doe's with just 1 game let alone multiple.

• OakDrop64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not too sure how useful that would be... The fact is that installing just one game, Xbox Live already manages to eat up my entire internet connection. In other words, it's already going as fast as it can and installing multiple games would not speed things up­.

• Brudinski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please no or at least give us an option to leave it as it is.
    Downloading games on PS4 is awfully slow in general, but downloading multiple games at once is like watching a snake.

• DergrosseBlonde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry but this sounds really stupid. You can put all the games you want into a download Queue right now and installing more than one Programm at the same time makes it harder for the HDD as it has to jump between both Areas of sectors where it is writing the game to.

It may be that for someone testing both the Xbox Servers are capped in the bandwith compared to when they download stuff but that does not Change the fact that if you install more than one Programm at a time it is not slower thsan if you install several ones at the same time and the head of the hdd has to jump around during the install process a lot.

If you want to have an improvement then demand a higher download capped Speed from the Servers per user. Although i never saw any Details revealed on this or this tested by any News Magazin. But you guys should not demand stuff that makes no sense at all.

Additionally you can set your console over night in the instant on mode and allow it to download the stuff while you are asleep. If you dont like it to be always on instant on you can deactivate the instant on mode after you installed your 20 games.

I think MSFT has other things they should invest their programming power on that would make a lot more sense to alot more People (like Streaming from pc to xbox one or Background Music just to Name 2).

• NEMISIS381 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow reading people's comments on this was hard.

I got the PS4 when it came out and the Xbox One just this past Christmas and I've done a test on it.

It took 5 hours to download COD BO3 on Xbone and at the same time I downloaded and updated Starwars BF, Dying Light & Uncharted Collection on my PS4, Which took 2.5 hours for all 3 and that includes the updates.

I don't care what anyone says the f***in Xbone is brutal slow and only allowing 1 thing at a time is a hindrance. If Microsoft is going to limit us to 1 thing at a time than that 1 download should be lightning fast.

It's something that Microsoft definitely needs to look into & I hope they are.

• NM SoberJudge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont see how this would help...wait 2 hours for both games to install or wait 1 hour for the first and play it while you install the second instead of waiting the extra hour.

• CrimsonDethOmen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I own an xb1 and ps4, my ps4 takes longer to download anything, even at 50 mbs, let alone 5 things at once. Do the math, theres only so much bandwidth to go around, more downloads at a time, the less bw each download can use. Maybe your ps4 is a special edition, or maybe your just fanboys. Also, how could a console download anything if it isnt in a low power state? The only other option is to be fully powered down, which means no functionality, ie, no power=no downloads. Jesus, dont make yourselves look too stoopid.

• inabadway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. There should be an option to allow you to update all apps or games without having instant on active.

• johnodd24360 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can't not enough ram and would extremely slow down your read and write speeds to your external and internal hard drive

• Piivez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible or I can download more than one game or app at the same time

• PilotViper112 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can download 5 30gb plus updates on my ps4 at once faster than one 10gb xb1 game, and that was on 40mb sky fiber, now am on 80mb ps4 be even faster still. While downloading F6 I noticed if I use xb1 to play offline game it downloads at 3.5kb/s, if you don't do anything on xb1 it downloads at 79mb/s. Ps4 you can download and play online makes no difference, but xb1 your speed is crippled, this must be down to how microsoft set xb1 up.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base