Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Better organization in Games and Apps

Thanks to the slew of free GWG games bolstering my purchases I have nearly 60 games on my XboxOne. I'll pin a few game and apps that I'm frequently using and that helps to keep things feeling kind of organized. What I'd really like to see is the ability to organize games within the games and apps app itself. Whether it be by genre, alphabetically or even 'played recently', I think that'd be an easy way to make that app seem a lot less cluttered.
I mean, this is the collection I've massed in less than a year, so it's not hard to imagine how much more cluttered it'll be a year from now.

225 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

geddy 2112 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) responded  · 

Users can now sort their collection by Title name (A-Z), last used, most recently updated, and size. If you have a large game collection, you can also group by letter which creates a grouped alphabetized list which you can collapse just down to the alphabet by clicking any letter then jump to a specific letter to more quickly find the game you are looking for. More information is available at Xbox Wire: http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/30/xbox-summer-update-starts-rolling/

23 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Intex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to have an additional option to group / separate Xbox 360 and Xbox One games.

• intragroove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm so glad this happened, but I don't like how it automatically groups games when you sort by Last Used. I like being able to see the game tiles on screen without any breaks. An option to turn off grouping would be great!

• Walking dead057 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We want to sort our games and apps how we want(you can already do it with your pins)you can only choose sort A-B or size and other stuff but we want to sort it exactly as we want;)

• Tha 9 Disciple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the ready to install list is a mess. especially with 360 games being thrown into it.
    let us sort by Console,Genre,letter.and such

• Adam of 360 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like the ability to compare games with friends, to see if we have the same games. To be able to sort them by genre and online co-op.

Had to read out the list of games I had in 2016. Should be an easier way.

• MastercDarK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to apply filter to the library, like game that play coop locally or ESRB rating.

• U4ER4ALL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The user interface on xbox one is a mess and not intuitive - but then this is Microsoft

• Derwinx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here are some things I'd like to see:

- least recently used
    - separation for played and not played yet
    - option for separation of big name and indie titles
    - more than two rows (ability to change the grid numbers, ie, 8x8, 16x8, etc)
    - separation between Xbox 360 and Xbox one titles
    - option to sort by date acquired/installed
    - option to sort by franchise/folders for franchises
    - option to sort by genre in a folder view

• Cryptic v Chaos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have more opinions for sorting items in (My Games & Apps Tab). like place apps in the order that we would like them to stay at all time. ex. Just because we use a new app 1 time, we dont want in the front of the list

• Detorne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the option to categorize our games manually or automatically aside from alphabetical, and size. But also according to genre, ESRB rating, and personal preferance.

• perrollaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The actual presentation of my game library is pretty weak in terms of customization and options.

Remember that I had switched from my pyhsical library over to this digital one. I was used to order and sort the tiles as I wanted.
    I was used to present the game cases where I wanted. etc. etc.
    In my opinion we should get the freedom to do that in our digital library too:
    * Why can't I choose which background it has? (maybe you could provide some cool templates)
    * How many tiles / rows displayed per page
    * How the games should be sorted (e.g. last played, last downloaded, played by the most friends, the most / less gamescore earned, bought / deleted, 360 backward game, release date, and finally manually arranged)
    * Ability to search via first letter similar to Windows 10 where I can click on one letter to show full alphabet
    * Include in this filter / sort options also the deleted games
    * Have the ability to put the game case and turn rotate it free form and also show the back of the case (like the physical one)

• KILLZONECRAZY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With so many games digital it would be great if we could sort through them by:
    Publisher of the game / Type of game (First person shooter, Action Adventure, Puzzle, Horrer, etc...) / Series Games ( Call of Duty 1,2,3 , Battlefield 1,2,3, Halo)

It would allow user's to find games quicker without going through all our installed games on the Xbox one

• WelshAndy86 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The left-right list of tiles for games is pretty cumbersome when you have dozens of games in your library.

Could we please have an option to select a letter of the alphabet and jump straight to that section of the games list?

• xXmercforh1reXx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Personally I would love to organize games\apps by total file size, instead of having to look at each, and decide if it is worth freeing up HDD space or not.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base