Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Let us take screenshots of any part of the system, not only in game

Let us take screenshots of any part of the system, both from our library and the menu. So we'll able to show our friends our pins or other parts of dashboard like games or apps...
--
Permitirnos tomar imágenes de cualquier parte del sistema, tanto de nuestra biblioteca y el menú. Así que vamos a poder mostrar a nuestros amigos nuestros pernos u otras partes del tablero como juegos o aplicaciones...

2,369 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Reapertonio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

44 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MyNintendoBroke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make it easy to set images from the browser as a wallpaper. I used that method on PS4. It’d be useful here.

• gmgrblaine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree but they won't for reasons of kids will be trying to record inappropriate videos and pictures

• FeaturesLover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should have been added long time ago , great to see features people want take forever to make it in

• jblp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely. I just spent the last 10 minutes confused as to why I couldn't get a screenshot. Why is this a limitation?

• godsandm0nsters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing to be able to screenshot apps, like YouTube, which can then in turn be used for our dashboard backgrounds.

• TReid1996 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my opinion, I think they wouldn't do this, as it shares the stuff. Imagine if someone were watching certain videos online children shouldn't see and decided to take a screenshot, and it shares it with their younger friends.

• Bob YAMADA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Microsoft worries that we take screenshot which include personal information like billing address. But this is very limited screen so Microsoft can select the screen which should not be taken screenshot. And we can take screenshot of other screen.

• AZGUNS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't we take a screen shot of anything on Xbox or any Xbox screen? It really is the biggest over site in the history of Microsoft. Just saying :(

• GIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us take screenshots at least of the Dashboard/Home & Store.
    It would be really useful for helping other users and showcasing new features without having to photograph your screen.
    It would also debunk all the rumors about leaks as they are always shown as a low quality photo of the store page, which makes things easier to fake. If we could take clear screenshots of the Store this wouldn't be a problem.
    I can screenshot anywhere on Windows, so why not on Xbox?

• Jak81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, was missing this feature today when I wanted to take a screenshot of my profile, because I had a nice Gamerscore (58885), but I had to grab my crappy phone to take a pic. :/

• SERRATEDCHIMP16 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Xbox theme it looks like you haven't read this thread. There's another thread related to screenshots where a man claims has been fixed in the March update. That fix is not what we are talking about in the Xbox community. We would like to be able to take screenshots at anytime anywhere on the system. For example my 1996 HP laptop has it bility to take screenshots at any time. So why not my Xbox One? Thank you Xbox support team and hopefully you get to this soon

• GIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes.
    Printscreen on Windows can capture almost anything, so why not on Xbox?

• Bonxy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this.

When trying to report problems with the Preview dashboard this feature would help a lot.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base