Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Windows 10 Task View on Xbox One

Windows 10 has a beautiful new Task View to see all running games and apps and I would love to see a similarly implemented Task View come to Xbox One.

The Xbox One's "View" button uses the same icon (two rectangles overlapped) as the Task View button in Windows 10. Thus I propose a long press of the "View" button should bring up the Xbox One Task View.

190 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

andFishGoBlub shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • XEPlushMedal697 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, I would love to see something like this implemented. I am a guy who likes to close his games & apps on xbox one. Instead of remembering each and every game I opened why not simply have task view on xbox one =). This is a must.

• The Necrofarium commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if when you held View Button and then hit LT or RT it would switch between open apps. Would make app snapping much less cumbersome.

• ZombieX KiLLeR4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this or a sort of ram manager to see which app is hogging power or to see what is still open. I want to see this forum be revived

• GunGriffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kinda pointless just manage your stuff better they are not adding PC custom software too XB1

• Crazygreekdude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could see this becoming the new double tap of the Xbox button You could easily switch between Game and App or Game/app and snapped app. I'm not a fan of using it on the W10 preview though. I like the method in W8.1 better when using my Tablet.

• GreyAlchemist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree we really need this, right now the Xbox One reminds me of Windows phone 7 when you had to press the back arrow to close running apps.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base