Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Ability to pair phone w/console displaying incoming text & calls

Don't need to send/read texts, or take calls from the console. But it would be cool to have "new text" or "incoming call" pop up on screen, especially for us headset gamers.

2,884 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

HardlyCapable13 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MyNintendoBroke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Man, this would be great. When I have a headset on, I miss text messages often if I don’t have the phone right in front of me.

• OutwardFever89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come to think about it, being able to to also add more remote connectivity functions will let your home become and auto box!

Imagine with me... being able to remotly control your gaming room's lights with it or opening your apartment door with it, wouldn't that be "complete awesomeness"
    Surely i took into consideration that currently many things have been redesigned to be able to work remotly, and i guess we are at that point where just need software capable enough to communicate.

• S3ntenal Slayer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Either of these would work for me -- but BOTH would benefit MANY people:
    1. Send SMS text from phone to Xbox One console, shown on screen.
    2. Send text (from my PC's Xbox One app?) to the same account on the console. (I have tried signing out of the main account and into a separate one on the app, solely in order to do this, but cannot do this for some reason.)

• THE UNLE4SHED commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely, if the Xbox app could push notifications from my mobile to a pop up on screen I'd be happy as Larry!

• LZed69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help so much as I keep missing calls while gaming. Taking calls on xbox while using my headset is the way forward for xbox one.

• HardlyCapable13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Internet Expert: well, as I've stated I game with headphones and my phone is on my coffee table, so no, it's not enough. My question to you and those like you is why come on here to question others suggestions. Maybe you wouldn't use it, but is it really that important to you that you'll take time to post a comment pretty much telling me that I don't need it?

• Genesis1953 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just another opportunity to make the console an all in one device. The more functionality the console provides the less a person will have to leave it to do other tasks.

• CombatDork commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using the smart glass app, allow us to veiw and respond to text messages.

Additionally if you could route calls through the Xbox headset so that we could take calls through the system with out having to remove our headsets while playing.

I think both of these ideas could simply use your current notification system (toasts?). I.e. "Press and Hold Guide to..."

Additional settings through Smart Glass could expand this idea to be even more useful. E.g. "Auto Ignore calls/messages from ___" ... Or ... "Forward calls/messages to xbox from only the following contacts"

This would simply be awesome. Some snap panel could allow for some better interactions but as to what exactly I'm not sure.

Since Microsoft already has the cross platform ability to sent input from all manner of phones to an XBox, this isn't such a far leap.

• FlickStiq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let the Smartglass App forward system notifications from your phone to the Xbox One. It would be great to see text messages and email notifications on the Xbox. It should be doable regardless of platform. Microsoft already forwards these notifications to their Smartwatch from Android and iOS. They've got the tech, knowledge, and resources. Anything that keeps me from putting down my controller to check on something else is a win for me.

• FizZy BublizZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Airdroid would be cool.

Used to use Pushbullet but they added a paywall.

Or they could just use SmartGlass.

• The Zedox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No reason the messaging/phone/video app in Windows 10 isn't on Xbox to have this functionality.

• Xclorist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would it be possible to add pushbullet push notification support to the xbox one? As the ability to see incoming calls, texts and other notifications on the console from a mobile device would be a very valuable addition, and the existing features, hardware support and userbase of pushbullet would really add to the home integration of xbox one!

• cerberus2002 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

provide integration functionality to attach smartphone to console to allow for in game call or text functionality.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base