Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Add full offline support to the Xbox One

Please add FULL offline support to the Xbox One.

Currently we can't earn achievements while playing offline, we can't use custom background when we are offline and we can't sign-in when we are offline unless we go to settings and select "Go offline". We can't see our Pins or recent used apps either without an internet connection so please change this Microsoft!

I understand it is still like this because of the old OS design ideas but please bring back the offline features we had on the Xbox 360. It would be really nice to have it back.

Thank you

7,072 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MuscledRMH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

203 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Retrojunkies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i also agree, since the Xbox One X launched i have faced nothing but problems because it forced everything depndant to being connected online.

Microsoft, its a games console, we should be able to save to and from the console to forced to your cloud.

We do not need you forcing us to download game data+updates and your online services prevent us playing games we own on disc because it fails to perform its checks.

Simply let us install game data off disc and boot, make game updates optional because i see no point in downloading 30GB+ that is only online updates when you dont play online.

i want the console to run games i own on disc without having to be connected online, if there is an update then ill update if im to play online, you cant program a console not to run a game incase there might be an update next week so you must be online.

This console is completely anti consumer that much im suprised microsoft dont sneak blocking pre owned discs.

• PMilan2008 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Xbox Support! My interest is that Xbox One S, when it comes to updating software in the menu language, can also be selected by the Hungarian Nyek for easier handling !!! Thanks, László Papp, Hungary

• SinisterSh0t commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because of the original design ideas for the Xbox one the "Always Online" and the "you need to sign in every 24 hours" rubbish. Thank Christ they didn't go for that, however you can still feel some of that in the OS. Can't play any of my games unless I'm online or the disc is in the console. Which means only physical discs continue to work, however anything digitally installed gives you an error, also achievements still don't work offline even after 4 years and many other issues. I could name them all but then this would be one long comment. Please fix this Microsoft. Because I've come to realise if you don't make the system fully independent when offline then when the time comes one day in the far future to shut Xbox Live for the Xbox One Series of Consoles, anyone who has bought anything digitally (Games) will never be able to use them again. £££££ thousands of pounds of people's money down the drain.

• N7Exec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is too too much of a strong focus on online in general with Xbox One. I understand where Microsoft are coming from. However for some consumers, its simply inconvenient and needs to be reviewed. The fact that you need an online connection to simply just set up Xbox One on initial set up is still something I think that goes against consumers as you cant use your console without the initial set up of an internet connection. If gamer's didn't know this before purchase and didn't have an active internet connection at set up, then its considerably problematic

• xm4rcell0x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Grande idea, c'è veramente bisogno di una modalità offline completa, i competitor principali ce l'hanno perché noi no??

• Sanchito2000 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can't even type while offline and so on, it's some times frustrating how bad the console operates with slow or no internet at all, I understand that some games ae completely online and that is not under microsoft's control but the lack of feature ofline is very notable

• SpectreXr1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's crazy you can't do the simplest things unless your online background change achievements offline profile... We need all these things.. If your internet goes out u basically ***

• Meech268 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FULL OFFLINE USABILITY NEEDS TO BE A PRIORITY. At this point, it is still aggravating that a solid firmware update is NOT shipped with new Xbox Ones--that includes a fix for an initial update too.

• BigShayne087650 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm just trying to change my background offline. Why can't I do this. I'm the only one that uses this console in my house. No other profiles, just mine. Why does this have to be so difficult?

• X HGDC84 X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WARMHEARTEDLY RECOMMENDED. People want longevity, not online-only BS. I do understand that Internet online multiplayer gaming or online streaming services require Internet, but single-player/local multiplayer/pins/recent/offline apps/playing already bought or downloaded games (any other than online multiplayer) should NEVER be reliant on Internet only.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base