Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Option to 'Download and Install All Available Updates'

We have all pretty much come to play a game we haven't played in a while or use an app and been hit with an update. I have nothing wrong with updates, but I think there should be a new button on the 'My Games & Apps' page.
It could go to the right of the current sort button.
It could say in bold: Download and Install Updates
And underneath the bold in normal text: 5 Update(s) Available
Or how ever many updates there are available.
So I could go onto the games page and click install updates and it would install all available updates, same with the apps.

Alternate -
In bold it could say: Check for Updates
Then when you click it, it does a quick check to see if any updates are available.
If none are, it will return with 'All your games are up-to-date!'
Or 'All your apps are up-to-date!'
If updates are available you will get an option to 'Download and Install Available Updates' or 'Not right now'.

I would use this feature periodically to make sure all my games and apps are up to date ready for me to use them!

2,910 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Saul shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Microserf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They just need to add a "Check for Updates" button to the Updates tab they added last dashboard version. Win10 has it, Win10 Mobile has it, but not Win10 Xbox.

It's happened a few times where the tab says that "Everything is up to date" but then I go to launch a game I haven't played in a few months and get an update.

• KillDozer33 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HEY MICROSOFT ***-----FIX THIS, just another reason this will be my last microdick console.

• Jayla UK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature, as someone living in rural Australia with a 256kbps internet connection, when a mate comes online and says "wanna dig out Diablo3 for a bit?" and I open it.....15gb patch.....I'll catch you up next month...

• BkLiveWire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes I'd love this to be implemented. It would be nice to check for updates without actually launching the game or app.

• UncannyDiscoDan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This absolutely has to happen - frankly I'm astounded it hasn't yet.

As a gamer with limited time available, there's nothing more frustrating than logging in the finding out what you want to play has a 5gb update to download. Happened to me yesterday and I ended up doing something else.

Just add an icon to the UI that shows how man pending updates there are (like in Windows 10) and which games they're for, then let me pick which ones I want to download.

I don't want to leave my console in instant on mode, so Microsoft please give me an alternative to do this!

• Podge Papin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about adding a "update game" button to the My games & apps menu?

So when you highlight a game and press the menu button it has an option to check for game updates manually.

• GIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just add a "manually check for updates" button in My Games & Apps.

• Tonny Walrus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I personally like to have my Xbox One in power save mode, so that it can fully power down when I don't use it. Often times, games and apps release updates which must be manually installed by selected said game/app. This tends to be quite tedious, especially as updates get even bigger. (Black Ops 3's last update was 7 gb) It would be lovely if there was a single button within the "My games and apps" that would check for and install all available updates for games and apps.

• DRAHCIR17 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option in my games and apps to be able to update all available games. I keep my Xbox on a lot and most of the time I go to play a game there is usually an update.

• RockerDUEL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’d like to see a feature where you can view all your games and which ones need updates. Or, just be able to check and update manually while the Xbox is on so I can be sure to stay up-to-date with game patches.

Sometimes when I boot up a game it tells me there is an update for it. I have instant-on mode enabled and keep my external hard drive on checked. I know some games update automatically as the recently updated filter changes order, but sometimes the game I want to play hasn’t been updated.

• H77H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i habe xbox, xbox360, xboxone, came that option NOT i buy in next generation PS5

• Gaming Assassln commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ad the ability to check for updates

E.g Left Menu Bar Displays

-- Games
    -- Apps
    -- Queue
    -- Check for updates

• GENERALxHATRED commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once a game or app has been fully updated, we are shown a symbol - showing us it's updated. Everyone knows this.

So, Why can't we have a symbol or notification to show us "GAME" has a pending update. The update hasn't been applied yet - it is simply showing us that an update is available.

PS. Why is this not already a feature?

• ReaperShadow666 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the "My games and apps" screen in the dashboard, could we get a notification as to which games require an update to play?

I know this is largely negated if you have the instant on feature enabled, but for users who do not have this or those with limited space it would be useful.

This would allow the user to see which games need to be updated so they can step away for a moment, or notify their gaming party that an update must be installed.

We already have something similar in the "store" in Windows 10 and Windows Mobile 10, why not bring the feature to Xbox?

• Psazich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep my xbox in powersave mode, so I would like to be able to hit one button and have it search for patches for all installed games (digital and physical) and queue them up to install automatically.

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base