Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Dynamic Dashboard with Live Animations

Ive seen the background changr requests but how about dynamic moving backgrounds like ps3 had

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from +BabySealWhacker, who suggested an interactive dashboard or a dashboard that features theme-specific animations.]

2,282 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

TechnicalMarvel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • morpheus0061 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be awesome if custom themes could be built that called back to classic Xbox menus. I'm thinking about the original 360 dashboard/menu system in particular, I thought the color scheme and UI design was great. Does anyone remember the desktop themes from Windows 95/98? Something like that where you can have total control over all of the colors, fonts, sounds, etc. Same with Windows Media Player 7, where you could download a theme and change the player to anything you wanted: an amoeba that pulsated waves with the music, a giant green head with the player window inside it, all that stuff. Bring all that functionality to the Xbox One! :D

• STIZZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@medguy29 you say that Xbox one can't handle it and that it will slow the Xbox one system down. Please tell me where and how you are getting this information when we are in the latest gen of consoles and PlayStation has been doing this since the ps3 days and Xbox one is far superior than previous gen consoles and also freaking cell phones are capable of achieving animated backgrounds. I will wait.

• GeNeSiSxFTWx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need dynamic backgrounds with little jiggles in it. I think this is a good way the sale themes on the store for specific games.

• mijia13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cmon guys and gals!!!! We need more votes! Let's bring it back like the 360 or one with a animated theme. Sadly we can only put our achievements pictures as our themes but wouldn't it be cooler if they added a animated theme like ps??? I would sooo love that. CMON XBOXwe know you can do it!

• LupusClemens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's an idea for the people who don't want it because it will slow their system down. Simply, don't use it. For the rest of us, we want dynamic dashboards!

• DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had this on the PS3, each family member had there own theme, not just color, makes it much more personalised.

• AgeofReakon724 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox one can technically handle it hardware wise, but the way it has been used software wise it's not yet ready to do that, maybe with future updates to speed it up but not now

• CreeperSlayer2g commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think people like me would enjoy this feature because of that fact it adds more detail and allows people to explore for these backgrounds through xbox

• AG Bucky Barnes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. The one thing about the PS4 UI is the dynamic theme, even though I thought the music would be more relaxing it is actually starting to get a bit tedious. So the option to turn it off is a good thing.

On the Wii U, I don't really notice it as the noise from the Mii's, shatter that "chilled" environment. However I do like the Nintendo eShop's background music which would be cool when browsing the Xbox store.

• shadow of arman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree but keep in mined this would probably slow down navigation performance as it has to render the live wallpaper all the time

• medguy29 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

System and power drain, the X1 isn't that powerful and the benefit is not worth it.

• Daytripper80 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One thing I really like about the PS4 is the opportunity to have Dynamic themes on the Home UI, some really nice animated styles for games, movies & TV shows. They also include some nice jingles/music, something I would like Xbox to have and for those that don't like that sort of thing you can switch it off.

Even Nintendo has music for their OS and I think, whilst not a major feature, it adds a nice option for those users who like that sort of thing.

A custom wallpaper is nice but give us something a bit more modern for a console UI.

Thanks

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base