Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Show download speed while downloading a game

It's very simple, while downloading a game or app you should know your download speed, like 'X' mb/s

This also is good to know if something is wrong with your internet bandwidth or if it's not as good as downloading something in PC.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea posted by DoublyDoodads, who also suggested showing the estimated time remaining on the download. Thanks everyone!]

8,933 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GuiF0DA shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Completed  ·  AdminMister Retr0 (Feedback Admin, Xbox) responded  · 

The Xbox One Queue now gives you detailed information about your download. This information appears in the queue, but also on the My games & apps navigation bar while a download is in progress. You can even view your download progress directly on your dashboard in the box under My games & apps. More information is available at Xbox Wire: http://news.xbox.com/2016/07/30/xbox-summer-update-starts-rolling/

101 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Junkdewd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the ability to throttle how much of your total bandwidth the xbox is eating up. I shouldnt have to go offline to stream video iff the internet.

• KrypticSlaughtr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quite annoying seeing X% done.
    Okay cool, I've downloaded that much but... what speed am I downloading at, what's the ETA, etc.
    I would rather have the downloads be displayed similar to the PS4 then the way they are now.

• FrozenZeroLight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has already been added, but a bit "hidden", inside "All Settings" -> network -> there is an option to see your download speed.

• FrEaKsHoT117 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, please. Add this, I like to know an approximation of when my download will be done

• GrimR3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first 300 mb downloaded really fast the last 100 mb took 10 minutes.

Maybe its Microsofts network or maybe its my isp. This is crazy

• Ziggy B0B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look at how much Microsoft cares! No comment whatsoever as to why the download takes painfully long and the installation takes even longer. Worst purchase ever

• Mathaurus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Steam has even a history graph of bandwidth, please microsoft. DO NOT simplify things that shouldn't be simplified!

• UstonedlawnguyU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Less frequent updates! and make them faster. 10 mins for 356 mb is rediculous. its 2015. were suposed to be getting faster but you seem to be getting slower and slower.

• Eat Lard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got an evening off to game with friends only to except the latest download including the backwards compatibility update 42% and one hour in with high speed broadband. The evening is a write off. Shame on you Microsoft

• PeachyJarl5 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just updated my system it's taken over 3 Hours on super fast broadband. get your servers sorted Microsoft please. Less than 1gb should have taken minutes not hours.

• Bigmoco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look I just got the new Xbox one experience update and I'm extremely disappointed that there is still only the percentage number when downloading a game or app. We need at least the remaining MBs like in the system updates.

• MkGilbertX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You start the download and Go to -> And in the Settings -> network -> there is an option to see youre download speed.

• PlagueReign commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Idea continued - I don't know how fast everyone's average internet speeds are, but mine is 3 Mbps. Megabits. It is painful to watch the indicator not knowing if I am actually achieving my full download speed or if it is being throttled by the isp, or if the download servers are having issues. Hope you all agree with this as it could be really useful if it gets voted up.

• PlagueReign commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add download speed to the dash in queue area, maybe even a transparency on the home screen so we can tell if everything is going fine, estimate time until a download is complete,or if there is a connection issue. I know this would be useful for many of us, especially those of us who test things; ie games. It would be helpful to be able to have a number to go with the "the download is slow" complaint.

• Bl3rf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show speeds while downloading digital content and updates...not just percentage

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base