Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Speed Up Game Installs

Game installs and downloads are incredibly slow, speed up downloads and put more of the Xbox's power to installing especially when its doing nothing else

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by MuscledRMH, ThinkDIGGITYDAN, and CleanFawn190963. Thanks everyone!]

6,502 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

EoRdE6 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

232 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JzaSmaCk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As some of these other ppl said, if you want a faster install get better internet, it only takes about 45 mind for me to install a 50gig game if that's not fast enough for you you might want an isp with like a gig down

• TooskilledforU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The installs probably could be sped up, but the download speed depends mostly upon your internet speed.

• PlayedGameFreak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ooooor, just get rid of installing altogether and let us be able to play off the disc like how we did for the X-box 360?

• SightlessKombat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After recently reinstalling Halo 5: Guardians, I can attest to the fact that the Xbox One needs to be able to work with greater processing power to install content.

• TheCMHammond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an option to get the Xbox One to focus on downloading games/apps/etc only. Like how it updates, removing all functionality so it's not doing other stuff at the same time.

It's something you could choose if you want it to download whilst you aren't using the Xbox.

This might be redundant, but apparently nearly 6000 people think this is an issue.

• UnknownBeef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks to the latest update (November 2016 I think), I'm downloading games and updates at ~400mbps. So nice to have a console that can keep up with Steam!

• brandon156 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No worries I got deadrising 4. Had to cancel twice now because it's gotten to 73% and goes from around downloading 45-65 mb/s down to 1.5mb/s and read if it takes a while it could be a corrupt download. Not to sure how that's possible

• Natepless commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't be done the problem is the that the Xbox one uses a slow SATA connection to the harddrive. Because of this it is a hardware limitation and no update will change that.

• Dundeemon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Their help video shows a game downloading and they show 150 mbs. 150! I get 6 if I'm lucky. Too many rich bastards making dumb decisions at Redmond.

• LittleJonesy07 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been attempting to download FFXV for 15 hours and am only at 41% due to running over DSL! I just wanted to put the disc in and play!

• LuciferAzazell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% games take hours to download be it digital or disc I mean this is 2013 how is this next Gen you.basicly have to buy the game the day before your off from.work because if you do it on your day off half your day will.be just downloading the game and what's up with games being 50gs + per game really oh that's right its Amerca go go USA big and bad aren't we. This is a joke 50gs + really does this sh.t get loaded with the software used to make the game ? come on Microsoft this is what we get as next Gen .

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base