Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Ability to Select Multiple or All Games / Apps When Copying or Moving Files

Having external storage is great but we need more flexibility in how we manage the content across devices.

Atm you need to click Manage on each Game/App you want to Move/Copy and select the appropriate action which can be time consuming when working with large collections.

It would be helpful if we could select multiple items or have the ability to copy/move all which would particularly useful when moving to a new storage device or backing up items to a secondary device

2,594 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Manky shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

81 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carbon Kidz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought i would add a quick comment to explain how to transfer ALL content from one hard drive or internal drive to another....

On your Xbox One follow the steps below

Settings ->System->Storage

Scroll to the right to select the Storage you want to transfer. Select and then scroll down to 'Transfer'

Now you will see it shows a box for 'Select All' press A to select and either now select 'Copy Selected' or 'Move Selected'

Now select the storage point where you want to copy or move the drive content to.....

Next select 'Move or Copy' and the process will have started in the background.

Hope it helps everyone

• Avatar o Apathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is STILL an issue! I just went from a 2TB to a 4TB and no way was I doing the one at a time move again! I utilized the unofficial desktop utility that is REALLY hard to find and copied the drive on my PC. Unfortunately this messes with DLC content and I had to redownload my Witcher 3 DLC in order to resume playing! I also know of one game that appears to not work any longer. This could be because this was originally a used XB1 or because this messes with DLC content.

Come on MS! I love my Xbox, but really? No move all?

• harbinger50 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

update: Worked perfectly. My 2 5tb drive has all the games and tested the most recent one to see if saved game was there and it was! Jump on this Xbox One Drive Converter application. Simple and quick process to set up the drives for copying over. I recommend copying to new drive and testing out yourself before deleting off your original drive.

• harbinger50 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Testing out this app right now https://digiex.net/threads/xbox-one-external-usb-storage-device-converter-xbox-one-formatted-usb-drives-on-pc.13583/

. . . nearly full 2tb usb 3.0 to new empty 5tb usb 3.0 through. Speed is reading 65-80 MB/s and saying more than a day to copy 1.7tb over. Still better than one at a time if it works. I'll report back once done. . . . and already speed is up to 113 MB/s and saying about 6.5 hours... woo!

• Ex6 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 from me too. Have about 400 games to move from smaller external hdd to bigger one. "Thank you" Microsoft, for forcing me to do it one by one and every time it takes multiple clicks to move 1 game. :(

• Supersede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this is still an issue! Microsoft! The Xbox 360 had this feature for God sakes! It's been at least 3 years, how can you not have this sorted out yet!? Enough is enough! Stop making firmware updates that rip away features out of our hands and start introducing what has been on your legacy console for probably half a decade now! You have the original One, the Elite revision, the Xbox One revision and coming soon, the Xbox One X. STOP MAKING REVISIONS AND FIX WHAT YOU HAVE! THIS is part of the reason why Sony is able to take a lead on you, stupid minute issues that should never have been issues in the first place!

• KingDudman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should have been a feature as soon as external hard drives where introduced. Start by making a store app then add it to the system options during an OS update. I'm upgrading to a 5 TB external from an almost full 2 TB external. 150+ games to transfer. It is taking weeks to do this. This should have been a job completed over night without my having to constantly add to the queue. Also don't call a stack a queue. As soon as I put something on the stack it automatically starts to transfer that item halting the current transfer. I hope there is some hard drive allocation going on, or even some sort of defragging that puts the files in order.

• URbaby8myDINGO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Snicks, I did the exact same thing today! This is such an old fashioned way to move large amounts of data for such a "state-of-the-art" console.

• Snicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to happen. I've just had to buy a 4tb to take the place of my 2tb external and the transfer process is painstakingly clunky. Must be able to multi-select please

• Agent Meow Meow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this still not a thing yet? Please, Microsoft. I have nearly 100 games now and I'm running out of space.

• DopiestBonsai15 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on MS, I'm already frustrated seeing all the great exclusives coming out on PS4 while xbox doesn't seem to be getting anything compelling, don't make me regret choosing xbox more than I already do.

• MrBungle06 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this was first requested almost 3 years ago and still hasn't been implemented. Unbelievable. Sort it out MS!

• DeceitfulWings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been only running on an external drive for a few months now. But this would of been a great option to have when copying my games to my external drive. Hope to see this in the future.

• Dazzman29 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI hope this helps guys to bulk transfer just do as you would for one and when you hit move at the end , then hit b which brings you back to start and do next game the games will queue up in move kinda like updates

• CA2OR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the dumbest thing I can find in this Xbox One. I am currently mid way through transferring 1.9TB from a 2TB drive to a 4TB. This is going to take all weekend.

Can we at least get this to be an option through the app on our computers? Seriously, there needs to be a "select all" option when "managing storage".

• Rawfish123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I plan to install all my games in an external 4TB drives that I share between the 3 consoles in my home. It would be really great feature to be able to select multiple games/apps to move/copy. It is such a pain to queue up each game from my current 2TB external and 1TB internal drive.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base