Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Rollout Directx 12

We know there are significant performance gains to be had; sooner better than later, for devs and gamers alike.

[Mod Edit: this idea was merged with similar ideas from TOP PREDAT0R+, Chapel+, ultraaslan92+, and others. Thanks everyone!]

1,657 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Harklis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

40 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • HeavensLion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The used of DX12 With the DX12 this will give the ability to used hardware the we all know have like the microprocessors with the multitask will help to reach 4K resolutions

• HeavensLion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the DX12 this will give the ability to used hardware the we all know have like the microprocessors with the multitask will help to reach 4K resolutions

• Jebus Kreist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Windows 10 update will fully transition over to Directx12 when it comes out.

I feel like the mods should be doing their job and removing posts like this for the OP's lack of informaty(informity?). And personally sending them an email, or at least locking the thread and responding to them giving them the information or directing them to it that debunks their naive post.

• PhoenixRestored commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox One OS is already built off of a DirectX 12 variant. The new UI is supposed to complete the transition.

• Shannon6450 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could of sworn earlier they said they were going to do this? they most likely will either make you pay for it, or only use it in a new console they make cause thats the only way they will make money cause thats what you need to live in this world.... even when your already rich as ***

• MikMaq80 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure, but hasn't the Xbox always used DirectX or been able to in one way or another? I thought the "X" in the name Xbox was there because in the early stages of the original console it was considered the DirectXbox?

• z Fluxyyy x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox one was designed for direct x 12 hence the cheaper ram etc, windows 10 it will improve the console but not as much as it will the pc, some games are apparently programme on xbox for dx12 I don't know if its true not but wouldn't surprise me

• Danny Buttermen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope this helps even out the parity differences...

*** we as Xbox Gamers bought the most expensive console day one and its weaker than its competition... doesnt even make sense!

• Liakhim Xbox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox One will have DirectX 12. In fact, since the Xbox One launch it has part of it. (DirectX 11.2)

• XRaptor29 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

DX12 will only have a 20% difference on Xbox One and the biggest benefit is it can use multiple cores and not just one on one. Plus DX12 is built into Windows 10 so just upgrading to Windows 10 will bring DX12.

• Boat Bomber 95 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't mean to be stupid but do you reckon Microsoft would be stupid enough to release DirectX 12 on Xbox one if it was not going to do any think. You're just the kind of people that dislike to believe that It is not going to do anything. So if I was you Would keep your opinions close yourself. Because if it decides to do something then you're going to look quite stupid.

• PONY KOWC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It already is and Phil Spencer already said that it wouldn't aid the Xbox ones performance. It will only really affect PC performance, because the games are already optimized for the console when they are made.

• Hakso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The benefits of DirectX 12 can mainly affect PC, not Xbox. It allows developers to get closer to the metal than DirectX 10-11, which take code to higher level to compensate wildly different hardware configurations. In essence, DX10-11 make sure the game can run on many PCs but not in a very optimized manner. Consoles like Xbox One have been close to the metal since the dawn of man. Developers can optimize their games to use every bit of power the hardware can muster. Thus, many of the DX12 features are already part of the Xbox One driver and the full launch of DX12 later this year isn't expected to make major improvements to Xbox One's game performance.

• TOP PREDAT0R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone heard about a time frame when Directx 12 is coming to the Xbox One? Thank you in advance..

• sumothong01 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure what you want? DX12 is going to be released on the xbox one. Developers already using it.

• Metalarcane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes it is going to be on xBox One. Not sure about 360. But yes it will allow better frame rate, and better draw distance on current gen video cards. It should also allow games to easily reach the 1080p 60fps apparent standard.

It spreads the processing load across all cores of the GPU evenly instead of pegging one cores resources at a time and spilling over into the next available core once the first core has reached its limit.

I dont know the exact GPU chipset being used but I heard that it was AMD based so that means Radeon GPU. I dont know if the Xbox or PS4 will be able to take advantage of the new Nvidia software tweaks and scaling.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base