Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Remote play like PS4 and Wii U

I am extremely impressed with the Remote Play function of the PS4 and Wii U: you can stream games from your console to your handheld devices (ps vita) or wii u gamepad and play it anywhere in your house.
Since Windowsphone 8 supports game controller, I want to be able to stream games from my Xbox One to my Windowsphone 8 devices (lumia 920) and play it on my phone with the support of game controller such as: Moga controller… or xbox one controller. I even wish that i can stream games from Xbox One to my computer running Windows or tablets and play them using game controller.
Please add Remote play feature Xbox team. ^^
Thank you so much. ^^

413 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bleachsreaper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SangesTheLurker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another thread that the mods need to mark as a completed idea and closed? These boards need to be thoroughly cleaned up....

• PHAROAH HEIGHT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remote play on portable devices!!! I want to play xbox on the go! Phone,tablet,cpu, ect. If gaystation can do it, so can we! I want full access on the go.

• xtalhahx5k1ll commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As PS4 allows its users to simply view and play games on their smartphones via remote play, it would be amazing to see that feature hit XBOX, as sometimes the TV can be occupied.

Thanks... TJ

• ComputerSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft already has the perfect PlaystationTV remote Play competitor it's the 360. Just allow Xbox one Users to be able to stream there games to the xbox 360 through some type of dash update and bingo instant remote play. 360's are so cheap you can buy your main Xbox one and then 70 dollar used 360 to stream to. Playstation is now enabling 60fps in there latest firmware for remote play. Come on Microsoft don't let sony win.

• BobLblawsLawBlg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Windows 10 announcement on Wednesday had better announce remote play otherwise I might be switching to PS4. I love playing Destiny and Diablo 3, but my girlfriend doesn't like me hogging the TV. If I can get remote play it will allow me to play while she watches her TV shows and everyone will win.

• caspervir1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My friend have this feature on the PS4 and its just fantastic! Make this available in smartglass or something! That would be just great! I would buy the newest Lumia if I had to because with this feature I could play games like GTA on school with my phone and a controller! Fantastic if this would happen!

• urik770 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a key omission. I'm a MS fanboy. Got my wife, parents, and myself using Lumias. Love PC gaming. Want to get a new gen console so i can play exclusives like Halo or Uncharted. Unfortunately, I'm now leaning toward PS4 because I can do remote play on the Vita and/or Xperia smartphone and can play whenever I want regardless of who's using the TV. I would have never even considered a non-MS product if the Xbox came with this. Bring it to Windows Phone guys!

• RobW1979 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Off-screen play would be fantastic and with the Windows kernel and Hyper-V as implemented in the Xbox One this shouldn't be too tough to implement. Multi-screen multitasking would be awesome - leave the entertainment functions running on the TV screen (TV, movies, music etc.) whilst playing a game through SmartGlass - or vice versa. I'm extremely envious of the PS4 remote play feature and something even better should be possible with the entertainment and multitasking features of the Xbox One.

• El Jay2010 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want this. Make a little clip to connect your phone to your controller and add controller support to your phone and this would be amazing.

• MaCinger87 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Implemented in SmartGlass. I would love this feature. It would be really great if you add keyboard and mouse support for games that will be ported to PC anyway.
    Then I would instantly buy a Surface Pro 3 with docking station and the other stuff. This would be a (w)hole in One(Microsoft).

Tablet, Notebook and Desktop PC with the possibility to game with gamepad and keyboard+mouse.

Xbox One console + Windows 8.1/10 Surface Pro 3 with dock and TypeCover, monitor, keyboard and mouse. Or every other device which supports SmartGlass.

3 devices (Surface, Xbox and Windows Phone) and you get fully entertained, flexible and ready for business and mobility.

• mike D machine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this feature. Even with a minor amount of lag, I could still log into a game like Destiny to change my equipment loadouts or even visit in game vendors to see what they are selling!

• Chromed Blade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an amazing feature that i could see myself using all the time! My Surface Pro with an Xbox One controller is waiting to be played!

• Logane King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have feature for xbox and should be there since the official lunch on 2013.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base