Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Disc eject using controller on Xbox One

Pressing the menu button when highlighting the disc drive app and scrolling down to select eject for any discs that are currently in the drive. This feature was very neat and helpful on 360, and it would be cool to see it make a return on the One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by Y0U G0T M4X3D, LishPROD and Yordan Sampon. Thanks, everyone!]

6,882 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

KingTutt340 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

239 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • EmergedJoker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see the option for us to be able to eject a disc useing the Xbox one or Xbox one x controller the had this feature for the Xbox 360 controller it was an awesome feature it love to see this feature for everyone to use the Xbox one or Xbox one x controller to eject a game disc I hate haveing to go to the console to press a button on the Xbox one x console to eject a disc it would be so much easier if I could eject the disc from useing the controller instead of going to the console and pressing the button on the console to eject a disc and it would save on wearing the button down on the console by being able to eject the disc from the controller please let’s make this happen thank you

• PotentialStatue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox one X is the one that doing the best in the drive system and only pressing button on the drive system fasfest eject the disc.

• SuperSpartan312 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Point is, what if the button breaks or something? Without any other option you'd be unable to get the disc out. Unless you're willing to use the paperclip method everytime you want to change disc.

• MyNintendoBroke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m surprised so many people care about this feature. It’s not my place to tell people what to care about, so by all means, continue to push for this, but I never understood the point, since you have to get up to change the disc anyway.

• Quaya Breezy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with you. I hope they add this feature as well, it'd make things a little bit easier.

• ManOfOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or by pressing a combination of buttons or even add the option to the screen that comes up when you hit the X button (only if there is a disc in the system)

• PIZZAPANDA45 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope you mean to push Y when in guide or on the dashboard, not make ANOTHER controller model.

• alii b commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the reason they don't have it is because there isn't a disc tray like the 360.
    The tray can be opened or closed but leave disc in the xbox one too long and it just re-inserts it.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base