Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Add timestamp & date stamp to notifications

It would be nice to see when I received party/game invites so I know when I see that I have notifications, some of which are invites, I know if they were sent a few minutes ago or if they're days old.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from Gonzo345. Thanks everyone!]

2,819 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

STEW1E GRIFFIN2 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

93 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please clearly timestamp notifications, so there is no confusion caused at all and it is more streamlined for usage.

• NSyte ImPuLse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, i've been hoping through-out the updates that this would have been integrated into the system but it has not. hopefully I caught this before its too late to be added to the new system update. I strongly believe that it would be a great idea for you guys to add a TIME/DATE STAMP to notifications that popup on your notification feed. I'm aware that its not really necessary for achievements and messages, since messages do provide a time stamp. this is something that would be very effective for game, and party invites. there have been multiple times where i stepped away from my xbox or woke up to see notifications and had no idea when they were sent to me. due to this feature not being available I spent a lot of time trying to contact other gamers to see when exactly they tried to invite me. which is a complete hassle to deal with, and could be solved simply by adding a time stamp feature to notifications the way messages have time stamps. i know its a small feature, but its the small things that can set you apart from the competition. small things that are greatly convenient to the consumer.

• Fate16 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Brilliant idea. I can't tell you how many times I go out for a cigarette and come back to browse through invites and I have no clue which ones were recent and which ones I had from a day or more ago. If also like to be able to click on the damn person's profile from that invite as well so I can friend request, snoop, etc....

• BOSS LADY 336 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had the same idea I was gonna submit as feedback. I'm happy to see that we as gamers are on 1 accord with this idea. I just dislike the fact I have noties and I don't know how long ago they were sent. It feels like waste of time when you click on expired noties and nothing happens... Futhermore I think we should also have something that says expired notification for the noties.....

Noties----©Boss Lady 336

• Ny0tski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notifications should have a date visible on them like "player sent you a party invite 3 hours ago" the notification icons has a lot of space it should include a time when these notifications arrived

• Rob WHONE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would make the notifications panel a lot more organised, as the user could see what time an invite was recieved.
    Also the option to delete notifications would be nice.
    Party and Game invites should automatically be deleted once the session is over.

• FleshCravedWolf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add a small time stamp to notifications in the world tab such as party invites so that individuals would have an idea of when the notification was received and if the party invite is expired.

• T0NGIE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea would be very helpful,... as You never know how long said item has been on your dashboard for

• Miss Swift xo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put a time stamp on Notifications so we know how old the notification is eg: Game invites, Party Invites

• DoggTags commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. My box is always on but im not always sitting infront of it. It would be nice to know when i sit back down at the box, how long ago an invite was sent.

• TG FineGrain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Timestamp on game/party invites would be helpful in allowing recipient to know how long ago it was sent.

• Skullzy Slice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just add a timestamp to invites in the Notification Center. Often times I see I have invites when I get online, but am unsure of if it was when I got on or if it was from a previous playing session. This would help so much.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base