Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Live Tiles

It would be great to see live tiles around the OS for a more vivid experience. I really like this feature on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. The actual "dead tiles" are kind of static, and dynamic stuff are always welcome here.

5,674 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PEDRO ZLATAN BR shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

61 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ItsAidantheMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be terrific, having an option to turn this on and off for the people who would not want it would be good as well.

• HerboTech commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Xbox home menu is terribly complicated and devastatingly slow as it is. Having live tiles would make this a soul destroying experience !

• PrinceRevivalDK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ATTENTION PLEASE.

could people here please support this even though that you maybe dont need it for yourself.
    but there may be ALOT of people like myself that really needs it, regarding transfering old save games from a old profile into the new profiles, all i am asking is people to hit the vote, it only takes you a few seconds, im begging you, i dont wanna start my games all over, maybe a couple of games, but there are games where raiding is a *** seriously. so please help me make xbox live notice this.
    i am begging you.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/17333713--xbox-one-in-game-feature-to-transfer-save-game-b

• ValourBaby85 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this. Right now everything is just so plain and static on Xbox one. The 360 was so dynamic and playful. Microsoft has got to step it up.

• XEPlushMedal697 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Live tiles on the Xbox home dashboard would be great. Also the user should have an option of turning off live tiles if they choose to do so like in desktop.

• ikillCrack Head commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see an update in the near future involving live tiles on the dashboard and the ability to customize them (background , size , apps , widgets much like a windows phone!

• TurfTyrant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the new XBOE is great. I would love to see live tiles come to Xbox one. Here are the ways I think they should be implemented into the dashboard.

When an app is listed on the recently used apps they currently have the app box and then a few options beside it. I do think this is great but it would be even better if there was a section dedicated to showing feed from the app or game. The live tile could show newly released movies or tv shows for Netflix for example, I know this is kinda already there for Hulu and others but it remains static. For games it would be great to have the news feed from the games hub presented through a live tile and also game clips or streams.

As for pinned apps, take a tip from Windows 10. Allow for resizing and optional live tile that presents game hub info for games, recent movies for streaming apps, and new music for groove. If the tile is pinned as a large tile, make that tile have functional options. For example, a game could have the option to watch live streams, view clips, or open games hub. The live tile could show you which of your friends are currently playing a particular game. There are so many ways to improve on this from what Windows 10 is doing. Considering the Xbox one is running Windows 10 I know this could be done.

Thanks for listening. Keep up the great work.

• vvhiskyy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

as long as it doesnt sacrifice any more performance, god forbid the interface and loading any slower.

• LT19 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a local weather tile, get weather at a glance!

• Surge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I pin a TV show, I'd like to see a notification when new episodes are available/how many unwatched episodes I have.

• Maddsyz27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a live tile that can be placed in your pins that notifies you with an icon or number that your console and/or games are ready to install

• F Caris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about an option to hide all tiles? I want to see my background picture, not the tiles. If I want to choose an app or game, I can then go left to the "Pins" and select what I want...

• Ausnen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great for somethings but not all dynamic stuff is good. The good dynamic stuff is like when you have a massage, a static counter says 1 instead of 0. Or when I twitch streamer I follow is online, the twitch tile says 1. I don't want a bunch a tiles flicking around or text going back and fourth like a news channel.

• NotAdvisable commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With Microsoft trying to merge Windows, Xbox and Windows Phone I'm surprised Live Tiles haven't made an appearance on Xbox One! Would be an excellent addition.

• HalfBlackCanuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

List things like overall game completion, achievement completion, last played, total time played, DLC availability, special events, updates etc. on the tile (have some override the others when available) and that would be amazing.

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base