Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Unique notification sounds

For both Xbox One and Xbox 360:

The achievement "pop" has become an iconic part of the Xbox experience and synonymous with achievements themselves. However, that same sound is used for every notification on Xbox, including things as mundane as a friend signing in.

Please add unique notification sounds for other events and help the achievement pop maintain its integrity as the sound that signifies accomplishment.

3,020 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chaotic Fiasco shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JEDI UCL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea off different sounds but I would also like the ability to turn off notification sounds it's a nightmare when watching tv but id like to see when my friends are online but no sound would be great.

• choppyseize commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would use this feature. It would be neat if you could record your own sounds or make them long or short. Or set a loud scream on a friends when they aren't around.

• Bob YAMADA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the pop sound when I unlock the achievements so I want this sound is special for achievement. And I want to notify the sound to specify the situation, someone inviting me to the party, praise my activity or just low battery of controller.

• GIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just have a couple of different sound themes to choose from like Windows has always had.

• Where Im Needed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whenever I hear that sound and see the xbox notification appear at the bottom of the screen I always perk up in anticipation of short lived gratification.

My suggestion is a Seperate noise for system notifications, achievments, and messages, in order to end all of the false achivement alarms that go off in my head everytime my batteries are running low.

• SightlessKombat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@xMalibuStaciEx had it right regarding people with sight issues. This would help so much in differentiating exactly what's just happened rather than having to worry about whether you've missed a party invite for example. Also, like others have said, this idea can extend to customisable sounds so that you can have whatever achievement sound you want etc.

• New Orleans day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not right for all of the millions of XBOX members to have the same notification sound when we get a message or a favorite friend signs in. Just like we all have different notification sounds on our cell phones when we get a text.

I be watching players on TWITCH, and when the gamer who I be watching gets a notification, for a second I be thinking that notification was for me.
    Just like we choose our own pictures, Themes, & Colors. Can y'all please make a list of at least 100 Notification sounds, and let us pick our own Notification sound?

• xMalibuStaciEx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a different "ring tone" / "pop up noise" for each notification. EG. a separate tune , so that users can differentiate between when a friend signs in vs receiving a party invite vs receiving a new message in the inbox.
    (It would make it a lot easier to id what is what , especially for users who have sight issues )

• CASUTEST commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us the choise to enable or disable system sound interface. And for "pling plong" lovers, add an unique sound effect for the achievement "pop".

• A Porkpie Pizza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This shouldn't even have to be said. Everyone hates it when they hear the pop and it turns out to be just a friend logging in. I also hate 0g achievements for things like Netflix.

• Woodyman12 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like different notification sounds to choose from. For example, I could have one sound for when friends come online and another for when I get a party invite. I think this would make a great addition to the xbox world.

• ROMAD 311 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make the sounds different for Notifications than they are for Achievements. Right now they are the same sound, which makes it hard to get excited when you get an Achievement because we hear it all the time. This is one area that PlayStation is better. There's no mistaking getting a Trophy on a PS3/PS4. Hearing that Trophy chime is exhilarating! Please do something similar for Xbox One!!

• DaGamingFailure commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When playing a game, I love going after achievements. That short tone along with the notification itself makes me incredibly gleeful. However, I think it would be nice (and less disappointing) if we could alter the sounds of the notifications so we could differentiate a party invite from an achievement among others.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base