Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Xbox One Miracast Support

Since Windows 8 has built in Miracast support, It would be great being able to mirror our Windows 8 device to the TV via the Xbox One. With Snap support!

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by MathSimon and techAU. Thanks everyone!]

4,148 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

FlyinWhee shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

438 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • NumberWalk65500 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wake up Microsoft, its 2017. Seriously, its 2017!!!

Google has been kicking *** with millions of Chromecast sold. But Microsoft cant, Xbox cant. Every two-bit company can make casting devices today. But Microsoft cant, Xbox cant.

Software for casting sell for dollars in each store. But Microsoft cant, Xbox cant. Wake up Microsoft, its 2017!!

I have an Xbox and a Surface Pro, and think its not really a crime to expect to mirror to small screen to my TV's big screen via Xbox. But Microsoft cant, Xbox cant. Wake up Microsoft, its 2017!!

Xbox rolls outs a Wireless Display app in preview 2015 and then goes to sleep. But Microsoft cant, Xbox cant. Wake up Microsoft, its 2017!!

No less than Major Nelson released a blog post announcing wireless preview app in 2015, yeṭ it goes nowhere. But Microsoft cant, Xbox cant. Wake up Microsoft, its 2017!!

Hear's a suggestion: Show some self-respect and some dignity to the 4000+ folks here, and just announce that you wont be build this app any further. Take down the In-Progress label. Just admit it that Microsoft and Xbox don't have it in them to be able to build this thing, and users be damned. Because but Microsoft cant, Xbox cant. So go back to sleep Microsoft, its not 2017!!

• PrincePandaman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used the wireless display (preview) app almost every day and it worked very well, a hiccup here and there, but it was great. Now suddenly it doesn't work at all, just immediately closes when started. Quite sad though, it was fun being able to cast my pc screen to my Xbox and play some minor games. The app pretty much crushed the massive wall between pc gaming and console gaming.

• SoggyBottomBoy7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I purchased my xbox last Xmas i just assumed this would be a feature, given its uptake in tech devices.

After finding out there was an app if you signed up to the insider program, i signed up. To my disappointment the app had been phased out.

This seams like such a basic technology to support. Please Microsoft push a buggy app to the insiders again so we can start testing.

• Enog82 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I still have the app installed but it no longer works, not sure when it stopped as not needed to use it in a while. I take it that this is now dead in the water??

• Gooron1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where the hell is this update! I don't care if it's buggy just release it and I'll deal!

• UrbanerShoe80 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this being ignored completely? I doubt if it will take over a year and a half even if just one person was working on it and only in his/her free time. This is one of the key reasons why I chose an Xbox over a PS. Please get this done asap.

• scottbreen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can the app just released for Windows 10 called Connect be made available on Xbox One?

• raisedbydogs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another user who bought a XOne partially because of the miracast support, and still waiting :(

• adumbking commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, been such a long time ... MS will probably put this "on hold" like they did with the OTA DVR

• BrUnOfNv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More then 1 year since the last Update !!!!
    Really come on some news on this ...

• TheElandor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, any update? Guys, seriously, I have bought Xbox One cause I believed it can be the beating heart of my living room (I have not bought a single game and I do not plan to do so). Features like the Wireless Display app should be part of the Xbox One experience from the very beginning. Without it, Xbox One server just like a poor replacement for a blu ray player ... At least it has the DLNA support ...

• Veer Murukutla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a shame and shows irresponsibility.

It's minimum courtesy to respond to users. That too lacks here.

Brings up questions on Microsoft's commitment to keep users happy.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base