Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Make a Schedule of Xbox One Updates like Windows 10 (Only 2 or 4 Updates Per Year)

What the heck is Wrong with you people ??? Everytime i turn on my Xbox One a new Update is waiting for me. I play my console on Weekends. So everytime i need to play some games there is a so called Prompt waiting for me - "It's time to Update". It is very annoying; its like UPDATE NOW OR GO TO HELL.

So why don't you guys just make a Simple Update Schedule for Xbox One like you did with Windows 10 (2 Updates Per Year). Make a similar Schedule for Xbox One too. So everyone just knows about time when they need to Update.

Of Course you can Give Xbox 4 Updates Per Year like 1 in Every 3 Months ;-)

1,091 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

LifelessSpice94 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • BlissfulyTragic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about this, I was in the middle of a mission on FortNite & suddenly Update popped up! Wth?! Uhh, usually its when I turn on X1 not in the middle of a game! I don't wanna even think about if I was raiding in Destiny. This past week, I've had 3 updates!

• Valaryc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a terrible, terrible idea. HELL to the NO. Pull yourself out of the Preview Program if you feel the updates are too often. And people complaining about ONE UPDATE A MONTH?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!? Lol. WOW, is all I can say to that.

• Fimbul Fambi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For those of you who are not in the preview program and are set to receive updates automatically: Does your Xbone apply updates while it is in standby mode or does it wait until you turn on your controller?

I am set to auto-update everything but it only auto-updates games and apps. I am sick of sitting down to play and being told I have no choice but go away for 10 minutes while the new update is applied.

• Acetrueblue76 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

monthly spyware update, would never have got a xbox CONsole if i knew about the update and their shady we dont care customer service

• Bleeding Pagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate that every month I get told that I need to update my Xbox One. It's not only annoying, but it takes away some of my gigabytes. That is one of the reason why I don't play my Xbox One that much anymore. It's because the more I update the console, the more gigabytes I lose, therefore losing memory space that I need to play more games for the Xbox One and 360. That makes me not play the One that much anymore so that whenever a new update comes, I'll just wait for the next update and save a lot of gigabytes rather than update everytime which causes me to lose more gigabytes. So yes, I agree with this.

• MIGHTYVANDAL10 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly like when the updates come like this one we have now..its different and keeps u intrigued about whats new and whats to come

• VampyreJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this is right that these are basically being forced on to the user. Before the update navigation was more fluid than it is now. Now it takes much longer for a task on here. I was never notified before hand saying there was an update coming. There should be a preview of the update so people aren't stuck with something they don't like

• SwagShoTx24xKB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Helll NO dont agree with this idea at all...stupid and retarted. Why work on updates then just sit on it for 2 or 3 times out of an entire year.. so you have to update your console once a month... big deal. Deal with it..They way they do it now is perfect and just fine and should stay that way. Thats part of the reson why i stick with xbox and not playstation, because xbox is always innovating. You dont like the improvements then go to playstation..

• M Slender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you in the preview program? Normal Xbox users do not experience that many updates. You can opt out of the preview program if you do not like having updates applied often.

• AudibleHealer47 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What are you doing with games with gold as i am from Australia YOU charge me 80 dollars to go on line even after i buy a xbox how much money do you guys want and then it always needs to be updated. Australian Internet sux and you guys are making it worse. Now not once this year have you given us one good game thanks my mates and i are selling our xbox never again thanks its been great

• QueenMama0619 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to say that this is the worst system there is. I started uploading Morrowind 5 nearly five hours ago, it is only at 85%. This isn't the only game that has taken us hours to upload, Skyrim, the Witcher, and Diablo 3 took us nearly two hours each to upload. That's not even counting the updates that come out. Frankly, I am done with Microsoft and the Xbox. The next system my wife and I buy will be a PlayStation.

• bakachelera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dont think this is possible, and windows 10 has 4 major updates... guess what other Microsoft product gets 4 major updates? X B O X. But there is always some bug that needs to be fixed with a minor update.
    You can turn on automatic updates. Its specially made for people like you and the other 802 uneducated people.

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base