Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

please add Dolby Vision playback on Xbox One X

Microsoft has clearly shown that they want us to pay a premium price for "the most powerful console" ever. They continue to speak about HDR and 4k. Why is there no mention of support for Dolby Vision. This is clearly superior to HDR10. When they tout such processing power and tech specs, why do we not get this feature. $500 is alot to ask for something that is not nearly as cutting edge as advertised. MICROSOFT....PLEASE ADD DOLBY VISION SUPPORT!!!!!

2,598 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

GlitchesBcrazy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

171 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nore2nv commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add it. I have a 4k blurays that support it, T.v supports it and netflix support it too.

• Tasty Sanchez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would happily pay a few dollars for a Dolby Vision licence similar to Atmos for headphones support. Really hoping this gets announded at E3 2018

• InferableSpace8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After the upcoming RGB UHD disc playback fix, this is the only thing missing in order for the One S/X to be a serious one-stop videophile home media center.

• MakinMoves421 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please find a way to add support for Dolby Vision! The vast majority of people would be willing to pay a licensing fee to be able to take advantage of the superior image quality that DV delivers. With all the 2018 TVs hitting the shelves now and brands like Vizio offering their value-minded E-Series TVs included with Dolby Vision access, it literally feels like Microsoft is missing the boat!

• SmoothGem258347 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Sir/Madam...Get a Blank ATM CARD and cash good money/funds directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. It's 100% guaranteed secure with

no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a

technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, so get the blank ATM CARD today at our email address: blankatmfundz@gmail.com and make good money today

• Nedge2k commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox One X is a premium device. As a premium device it must support premium HDR. (even if we have to pay an activation fee). And as Microsoft already support Dolby Atmos it sad to fall short to be the most complete device on the market Premium gaming and premium UHD)
    Thanks

• BadBreton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am french and I buy a lot of movies. I love cinema and I am very disappointed to see that the Xbox One X is not supporting the most beautiful image available. It is insulting for the movies and those are making them. For a platform sold as the best media center for all entertainment, it's a shame! So please Microsoft, add Dolby Vision support to your almost perfect but very expensive console! Thanks!

• ChoppyCandy4298 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Crossing fingers that Microsoft implements this DV software update:

"In addition, after the Sony TV receives the software update, devices with Dolby Vision playback (such streaming media players and UHD Blu-ray players) that are connected to the Sony TV by HDMI will also require a software update to support Dolby Vision playback through the device. For more information on the timing of an update to a particular player, please contact the player’s manufacturer."

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00190772

• ThePsychicSaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dolby Vision is also the last piece of my media center puzzle!
    Atmos needs a dance partner Microsoft, lets make it happen!!

• ThePsychicSaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dolby Vision is also the last piece of my media center puzzle!
    Atmos needs a dance partner Microsoft, lets make it happen!!

• DominantGenes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dolby Vision is the last piece of my media center puzzle I am missing! I would pay a premium for access just as I did for Atmos via my headset. Please please add support!

• hektag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like microsoft don't wanna pay DV fees and also is waiting to HDMI 2.1 TVs to add Dynamic Metadata Support...

HDR10+ was created by Samsung and not by CTA like HDR10

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base