Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Press Xbox Button Once to Go Home

With the new update it took away the whole purpose of the home button. going to the home screen. it needs to do what the name suggests.

1,090 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Spidermonkey208Spidermonkey208 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • zZM4DSKILLZzzZM4DSKILLZz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe double tapping the home button would be usefull, as there are times I simply want to go home instead of using the guid.

• MackIebroMackIebro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No this is bad. We don't even need the dashboard, the guide is what we need and have, so using the one press for the guide is perfect.

• AshwinR131AshwinR131 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe double press for home instead, because all the functionality we need can be accessed with the side bar.

• SpryBuffalo1973SpryBuffalo1973 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One press for home and double press for guide was fine before and I preferred that too. I also liked being able to go the Community tab and have the game still open so I can kill time while it's loading, fast travelling, in between rounds or whatever, then I could press home once to snap to the game screen and press A to get straight back to playing.

• CrazY1985CrazY1985 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At first I was hating the way the home button was changed.
    But now I'm used to it and to be honest.. The current behaviour of the homebutton is better dan it was.

• Stray Cat AlphaStray Cat Alpha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree...it's added steps to getting to the home page. Why make it more complicated? Worst update in a while.

• lafleurskilafleurski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the people on this feed saying that the newest update is the most proper..i dont understand why its so complicated for some when there is literally SO much more functionality the way it is now. Yes, perhaps double tapping the xbox button would be nice, but it is quite as easy to press Guide+A+A..im recording and taking pics like a champ now , not to mention being able to access my pins for easy jump-In/Out gameplay. Please dont change it back microsoft

• TheGrt14RealTheGrt14Real commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree. Having it pop the left menu gives you options. Screenshot, record clip etc. if you want to hope back to home screen just hit the Xbox button then the "A" button twice. You don't even have to think about it. Home button-A-A. Simple.

• ender837ender837 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

disagree. keep it popping the left menu. this is more in line with the experience from 360.

• RecklessBeast09RecklessBeast09 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, once you get used to it you realise that the dashboard has everything you need in a smaller space and you can do things much faster

• Lord Sephiroth8Lord Sephiroth8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe what about, having the option on your Xbox to have this feature on or off, you can decide how many times you have to press the home button to go to your Home Screen.

I think this is a good idea of doing it, like that, those who don't want this to happen, have the option to turn this feature off and not accidentally going to the home screen.

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base