Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Press Xbox Button Once to Go Home

With the new update it took away the whole purpose of the home button. going to the home screen. it needs to do what the name suggests.

1,145 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Spidermonkey208 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

75 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GamerTroll3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The guide was intended to be like a mini home where you could access settings, apps, and other things more easily than directly from the home menu. You can pretty much go anywhere on Xbox with the Guide anyway, so there’s no point.

• xXR0B 0 STEELXx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I disagree, the new system is better for many reasons and I, along with many others, are glad they've changed it. However, if possible it would be good to have an option to choose between the two in the settings menu in order to please both sides, though you'd be surprised at how many things are "not possible" with modern technology according to Microsoft.

• Grant Glaister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I also agree. I have used my Xbox far less since the update that changed the way the home button works. It feels far less intuitive than it did before. I liked the way it was before and really dislike the way it is now. Having an option for how the home button responds would have been a far better way to implement this. So those who prefer the way it was still have the option to enjoy their experience with the console their way rather than have it removed from them entirely.

• Etanaru Kage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree we need the option to pick our experience as users. I understand that the "guide" has most everything we need, but home did too. I have been forced into using it for months and I still do not like the feel of it. Xbox A A is not natural feeling to me either, it's just a slightly faster way of explaining how to navigate the menu to get to home manually.

I like the layout of home better, the flow is more natural to me. The one guide is too condensed and doesn't offer me any convenience for functions I need regularly. I can access most everything as easy from home.

Is it really that difficult for Microsoft to give users the option to customize their experience? I mean really they already had to change it in the code to point to another line, it wouldn't be hard to make it a variable and tie it to a settings option.

• giglsmith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. I don't use the dashboard at all, never have. To me it's that annoying side menu I accidentally used to click into by mistake. Now it's Xbox button, A, A. Give people the option to change the settings, like you can within a game for your controller.

• zavy F baby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the xbox icon on side menu should be the home button. I like the single xbox button press for menu, then a quick a-button tap should take us home. This would make it one less input to get home. Before update, getting home was one input, a single button press, now it's three. currently the xbox icon has no function & making it the home function would take the process from three inputs to two.

• zZM4DSKILLZz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe double tapping the home button would be usefull, as there are times I simply want to go home instead of using the guid.

• MackIebro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No this is bad. We don't even need the dashboard, the guide is what we need and have, so using the one press for the guide is perfect.

• AshwinR131 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe double press for home instead, because all the functionality we need can be accessed with the side bar.

• SpryBuffalo1973 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One press for home and double press for guide was fine before and I preferred that too. I also liked being able to go the Community tab and have the game still open so I can kill time while it's loading, fast travelling, in between rounds or whatever, then I could press home once to snap to the game screen and press A to get straight back to playing.

• CrazY1985 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At first I was hating the way the home button was changed.
    But now I'm used to it and to be honest.. The current behaviour of the homebutton is better dan it was.

• Stray Cat Alpha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree...it's added steps to getting to the home page. Why make it more complicated? Worst update in a while.

• lafleurski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with the people on this feed saying that the newest update is the most proper..i dont understand why its so complicated for some when there is literally SO much more functionality the way it is now. Yes, perhaps double tapping the xbox button would be nice, but it is quite as easy to press Guide+A+A..im recording and taking pics like a champ now , not to mention being able to access my pins for easy jump-In/Out gameplay. Please dont change it back microsoft

← Previous 1 3 4

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base