Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Bring Back Snap (Instead of or In Addition to Overlays)

Removing the Snap feature when it was a major selling point of the console is a step backwards. Allow all apps (including One Guide) to work in PiP mode with the new overlay feature, but also allow us to resize the game so we can place the PiP window in the empty space, replicating snap. Covering up part of the game is NEVER a good solution.

3,348 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chyld989 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

398 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • death by kebab commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring in a chat overlay for Twitch or under the broadcast option allow for us to select between Twitch / Mixer.

• ToughPhoenix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really miss snap, I have been using it until the spring update since the xbox one came out, it's making me not want to game on my xbox :(

• ColdEagle86 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being unable to use skype video chat while gaming is not helpful. I accepted the no snapped tv, but skype! Come on!

• GrooveSim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My goodness. So many people wondering why SNAP was removed & unhappy about it. Rightfuly so. I purchased My Xbox One in December 2017-a year ago-with the Snap feature a selling point. Little did I know MS/Xbox Team would be removing Snap in April!

You wanna know something funny? In, what; February, March; MS announces they bought out Beam.Pro and I started getting a sneaking suspicion. Why is that relevant? Because I started Twitch streaming in April. Snap was VITAL because I could follow chat WHILE I played whatever game I was streaming...

...within DAYS there was the April Update which permanently *removed* Snap and the impact/negative that had on my Twitch streams was immediate! I could not easily glance over to view chat - instead, it became a 4-step process to view chat (if chat even loads); Step 1: Pause the game 2: Tap HOME button which opens HOME guide panel 3: Scroll to TWITCH thumbnail 4: *click* Twitch thumbnail which opens the Twitch sidebar/panel <―there you view chat*, can STOP BROADCAST, or click SETTINGS to view or change settings. *The problem is; the vast majority of time chat does not load properly and sometimes crashes the app when chat *does* load!

It is more than mere coincidence that MS removed Snap within a short span of time - MS announcing the name change for *their* streaming service from Beam to Mixer as well as their plans to fully integrate (more like EMBED) Mixer into Xbox One. Wonder where those freed-up resources from removing Snap were spent? Look no further than ALL OVER the XB1! Mixer is *prominently* featured in the Home Guide;inc in SETTINGS, activity feeds, club feeds, community, etc., etc...

Quite frankly, I'm *** about Snap being removed with no PiP alternative on offer. MS is alienating whole segments of their own base to degrees I find dumbfounding! I'm becoming more & more embittered with MS as time goes on. I regret my XB1 purchase from a year ago. I hate to say that. I've been gaming on Xbox since the original XB launched! But I have several gripes with the XB1 beyond just Snap being removed.

-Tom
    P.S. Microsoft - you *do* still remember the vast majority of your Xbox consumer base is made up of console gamers, right? Not pc gamers, cause well...Xbox isn't a PC - it's a console! Or have you forgotten?

• Jordan Carreras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love of god. I just bought an Xbox one x and the tv tuner thinking you could snap. I've been lied to :(. As a PC enthusiast trying my little heart out to back consoles, I've been pretty disappointed..

• JAPCLEV360 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What good is xbox controlling my cable box...if they don't bring snap back..boycott one guide

• JAPCLEV360 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox one x supposed to be so great and doesn't do much over xbox one s..No excuse of lack of resources to bring back snap..nword please, bring back snap.

• gahzira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss snap. My family used to Skype and play minecraft through snap and kinect with my family 4 stated away.

• Bigheadtin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please please please bring back snap or a better solution. Multi windows pip whatever you want to call it. Theres no reason the one s or one x couldn't handle it

• silentwisperer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have the feature to play our OWN music in the backround? The original xbox had it for crying out loud!

• OneBlueEyeThree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to watch TV while playing Xbox makes gaming on a PC that much more attractive. Please let us snap again...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base