Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Bring Back Snap (Instead of or In Addition to Overlays)

Removing the Snap feature when it was a major selling point of the console is a step backwards. Allow all apps (including One Guide) to work in PiP mode with the new overlay feature, but also allow us to resize the game so we can place the PiP window in the empty space, replicating snap. Covering up part of the game is NEVER a good solution.

2,137 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chyld989Chyld989 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

252 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AGooNwid2ChainZAGooNwid2ChainZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back snap!! I used it daily!! I play alot of Ark Surivial Evoled, and used snap while hand raising my dinos!! If not snap please bring pip or something snap like!

• FierceMobius1FierceMobius1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I chose the Xbox One over Playstation solely because of this feature. I use oneguide so much that now, i don't play at all really. Playing was only to keep me a little more entertained while I watched TV.

Bring back Snap or PIP so I can keep enjoying my shows while playing.

• MagierElefant59MagierElefant59 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring snap back or give me my money back for the Xbox one tv tuner.Who had this great idea to remove snap without a new PiP app?This is a step backwards for a so called multimedia box.I don't notice any improvement because of its removal.I think i understand your business.....do here something wrong.....do there something wrong.....and say its all back on xbox scorpio.If so,then not for me.Bring back snap on xbox one or no new box for me.

• BernieSanders IBernieSanders I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure why they took this out. Maybe for performance issues. However if that is the lone case I hope they bring it back for scorpio. This was a big selling point to me and taking it away seemed pointless to me. BRING IT BAK :<

• VerbatimSpade02VerbatimSpade02 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The snap feature was a big buying point for me. Bring it back and add an option in the menus to turn it on or off. If you want to use snap you got it if not you can turn it off and get the extra "boost".

• BaggiestTiara3BaggiestTiara3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If they are going to really improve it then have the friggin update ready. Instead we sit here lifeless saying no we don't want it while Xbox is there giving it to us anyway. Not fair.

• D4nnyRJD4nnyRJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to listen my online radio station while playing my games, please bring it back!!!!

• TheRealRoddyRodTheRealRoddyRod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lol they said they discontinued the snap feature to improve performance.........stop it. I have the Kinect for my daughter and they have hardly any games for it. Now you can't Skype or watch TV while playing the game. I used to watch all my sports and play at the same time no more..........I'm not gonna try to convince these dumbasses they really don't care about the customer. Let's just go trade our *** in and get ps4 I bet they get it right next time. I'm getting a ps4 anyway I'm sick of Everytime they do something good they take it away or they never use it......I'm done

• partys4foodpartys4food commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

snap makes it possible to skype and play at same time, thats why i wanted it over ps4, it should not have taken up a 1/3 of screen in first place but it was way better then nothing! none of your updates or new ideas are any good, all you xbox employees should take two weeks off then quit!!

• AvgToAboveAvgAvgToAboveAvg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring Snap Back. It was a great feature once I found it. Playing games while watching SlingTv is the best way to keep current and get my gaming fix.

• swichbl4desoljaswichbl4desolja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i totally agree chyld, snap was ons of the best features on the consol. being able to listen to YouTube or Xbox music whilst playing games was great. PLEASE BRING IT BACK

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base