Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Bring Back Snap (Instead of or In Addition to Overlays)

Removing the Snap feature when it was a major selling point of the console is a step backwards. Allow all apps (including One Guide) to work in PiP mode with the new overlay feature, but also allow us to resize the game so we can place the PiP window in the empty space, replicating snap. Covering up part of the game is NEVER a good solution.

3,261 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chyld989 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

386 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bigheadtin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please please please bring back snap or a better solution. Multi windows pip whatever you want to call it. Theres no reason the one s or one x couldn't handle it

• silentwisperer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have the feature to play our OWN music in the backround? The original xbox had it for crying out loud!

• OneBlueEyeThree commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to watch TV while playing Xbox makes gaming on a PC that much more attractive. Please let us snap again...

• Kram Fig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought the snap feature was awesome. Use to watch my sports in the corner while playing a game.

• God of Exodia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel like i was ripped for my money because i was torn between the ps4 and xbox1 at the time they came out and the snap feature got me to buy the xbox one and now its gone. i want the option to have it back. it was a major selling point and it got me to buy the product and they took it away. This is not right. Please make the Change! Give the people what they want!

• guyfawkes1738 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They need to bring it back. They say they removed it for “optimization” but my Xbox one s had no problem while running it. Please Microsoft reconsider. It’s one of the reasons why I opted for an Xbox over an PlayStation.

• WearisomeEmu94 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The snap feature was one of my most used features on my Xbox one console, and was one of the defining reasons I decided on buying an Xbox one console, please bring it back, as it was truly an amazing feature on the Xbox one platform

• Lucernois commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i use the xbox also as media player.. we watched often nfl stream and tv picture as splitscreen with the snap feature. how can you just take me this away? only microsoft can do such stuff to its paying customers

• SuperSpartan312 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I honestly don't care what they put as long as I can do what I used to, put YouTube and play music in it while playing. If it covers a part of my game screen then it's not a good idea because it limits my vision and can make playing very difficult. Snapping made the game screen smaller but didn't cover any of it so that's good. I could care less about performance, I can tolerate any issue unless it makes the game completely unplayable, I'd rather get a frame drop than have my vision covered.

• theman72HG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope they are working on PIP ( but wouldn't have no clue ATM ) Snap is gone and never coming back people need to accept it already Mike Ybarra explained the reason

As for PIP it can work but whether the Team Xbox is working on it now or later we will have to wait and see

I see lots of better Features coming out just in time for the XboxOneX and still lots and lots more to come afterwards Patience is a Virtue

• x Get Funked x commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss poppin' in madden and snapping a live NFL game or any other sports games. I utilized snap more than many of the other features. I was disgruntled when it was taken away.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base