Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Replace Snapped Video Playback as a PiP Overlay

Please give us this option. Whether a new pip or original snap. This was a system selling feature.

3,971 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Darth666Bane666Darth666Bane666 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

564 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GWendt88GWendt88 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With football season started it really isn't fair that I'm unable to play NBA 2k18 while I have the football games snapped on my screen. This was the most important feature for me and was the reason I went with your Xbox one over the PS4. I own 3 Xbox ones in my household and was very unhappy about the sudden change after this was a main selling point when Xbox one was released.

• NiteManOneNiteManOne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I started playing Xbox again just to find out this feature is gone. BRING IT BACK!! Snap or PIP was my selling point for purchasing your system!

• sincerelysethsincerelyseth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As someone who was really excited about purchasing an Xbox One X and currently has an S model, I’ve decided that it’s wrong for a company to advertise a feature like Snap / PiP and then recant. I purchased an Xbox One over the PS4 for this feature and will no longer be supporting Microsoft by purchasing an Xbox One X unless PiP or snap is implemented again.

• M SlenderM Slender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Snap was one of the main reason that I bought an Xbox One, in the first place. That, and the Kinect. PLEASE BRING BACK SNAP IN SOME FASHION!

• MathSimonMathSimon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was ESSENTIAL to my experience with the Xbox One. We need it back...or replaced... you have to have features with TV/One Guide besides the guide...just make it possible to watch tv while gaming...it worked. we want it back!

• ItsGameOvrManItsGameOvrMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another feature and differentiator from the PS4 gone. I didn't use this much, mainly during football season. It did seem to be very hit or miss on whether it would stutter for me until I reboot the system so I get why they wanted to remove it. It seems the integration of an all in one gaming and media box is going away, but I wish they would just straight out say it instead of just removing features one by one.

• MisterBeta123MisterBeta123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i invested a lot of money into the 360 because they improved the system to the max, the difference in the quality of the games from launch to its last good year is an amazing journey.

with the xbox one i nit pick what i buy and have become a very stingy consumer, a lot of games that want $60-$100+ that dont deserve the money and cut every corner possible.

i wanted to invest money into the xbox one, not only did i get ripped on the first gen $150 elite controller (broke out of the box) im stuck with a console that gets major features striped away with no plans to improve/replace them and a voting system relying on the community to think of ideas for them.

• DevilsHalosDevilsHalos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft must have forgotten their extensive ad campaign with the NFL to watch live games and SNAP the NFL app to see love fantasy updates and "next gen" highlights.

This was the only reason I went with this system.

Unless Snap comes back or an update to replace that feature I am a lost customer. I will never by Microsoft hardware ever again. How can I trust that they won't remove a heavily marketed selling point on something else.

Trust lost.

• jttwister09jttwister09 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this needs to up voted to the moon. I feel like it would run a lot better on the x since it should have a lot more processing power

• J VenueJ Venue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There out of touch with there customers .... Youtube to watch walktrough`s and play the Game or use Skype for CO-OP!! They should go back to business and marketing - school .... Lets look at some of there dumbest mistakes ..... back 2013 .... Why not offer DRM family sharing; only for Digital purchased games??!! And those who want Disc based Games have a choice!! .... later ..... Why not include IR in the new XBOX ONE S Controllers; for Motion-Traction?! ..... Why not include XBOX ONE S & XBOX ONE X with KINECT-Port !! .... (( by the way this whole Customers don`t like the KINECT 2.0; .... just shows, how out of touch they are .... )) The KINECT would have been successful if it would have its own CPU/GPU Processor and RAM inkl. ON OFF Button. Market it as an all in One Karaoke Gaming and Entertainment HUB machine in ASIA. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc. Love Karaoke .... Since Steve authorized the 1.8 Billion $ to save the XBOX360 from Red ring of death .... How come now they could not have sold it incl. KINECT for 399.- $ ??!! Imagine if every XBOX ONE owner had a KINECT 2.0!! Imagine scanning your face and ad it to a Character in your Game. Or VR-Tracking of your Gamepad. Imaging having a Millennium Falcon Plane-Toy that interacts with the in-Game-Version .... Or collect your HOT-wheels Car Toy Models and scan them in Forza Horizon .... Scan your Body ad your measurements and shop clothes online on your TV screen!! Stream PC Gaming through XBOX ONE .... for those who have a good Gaming PC and just have the XBOX ONE X for 4K Gaming!! Why did they not purchase IP`s like Titanfall, PUBG ??!! Why cant I use a Mouse and Keyboard on my XBOX ONE from MICROSOFT in 2017 ??!! Could have sold more Age of Empire Games!! Don`t make Noobs play Crackdown 3 to showcase the Game (( " which is the jump button ?" )) They made greed become the best of them and now they are paying for it by being NR 2 ....

• J VenueJ Venue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There out of touch with there customers .... Youtube to watch walktrough`s and play the Game or use Skype for CO-OP!! They should go back to business and marketing - school .... Lets look at some of there dumbest mistakes ..... back 2013 .... Why not offer DRM family sharing; only for Digital purchased games??!! And those who want Disc based Games have a choice!! .... later ..... Why not include IR in the new XBOX ONE S Controllers; for Motion-Traction?! ..... Why not include XBOX ONE S & XBOX ONE X with KINECT-Port !! .... (( by the way this whole Customers don`t like the KINECT 2.0; .... just shows, how out of touch they are .... )) The KINECT would have been successful if it would have its own CPU/GPU Processor and RAM inkl. ON OFF Button. Market it as an all in One Karaoke Gaming and Entertainment HUB machine in ASIA. Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc. Love Karaoke .... Since Steve authorized the 1.8 Billion $ to save the XBOX360 from Red ring of death .... How come now they could not have sold it incl. KINECT for 399.- $ ??!! Imagine if every XBOX ONE owner had a KINECT 2.0!! Imagine scanning your face and ad it to a Character in your Game. Or VR-Tracking of your Gamepad. Imaging having a Millennium Falcon Plane-Toy that interacts with the in-Game-Version .... Or collect your HOT-wheels Car Toy Models and scan them in Forza Horizon .... Scan your Body ad your measurements and shop clothes online on your TV screen!! Stream PC Gaming through XBOX ONE .... for those who have a good Gaming PC and just have the XBOX ONE X for 4K Gaming!! Why did they not purchase IP`s like Titanfall, PUBG ??!! Why cant I use a Mouse and Keyboard on my XBOX ONE from MICROSOFT in 2017 ??!! Could have sold more Age of Empire Games!! Don`t make Noobs play Crackdown 3 to showcase the Game (( " which is the jump button ?" )) They made greed become the best of them and now they are paying for it by being NR 2 ....

• HixBotHixBot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't this viewable when I select "top ideas"? I feel like uservoice is supressing popular ideas by making them hard to find. I searched PiP in the uservoice search, this doesn't come up. I had to use google to find it.

• ADWHARADWHAR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to snap media was the deciding factor for me when choosing your console over Sony's. I even bought that damn antenna adapter so I could watch TV and football games while achievement hunting/grinding.

If you do not fix this issue, I will not be purchasing any future Microsoft consoles.

• Everett2786Everett2786 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

https://youtu.be/tdggDcb1ocA

This was the first commercial used to sell the system and it showcased snapped apps pretty prominently. You can't sell us the system based on a feature and then take it away. It's like selling us a car and then telling us you are removing the radio...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base