Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Replace Snapped Video Playback as a PiP Overlay

Please give us this option. Whether a new pip or original snap. This was a system selling feature.

3,642 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Darth666Bane666Darth666Bane666 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

516 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MisterBeta123MisterBeta123 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

what new feature are we getting?

the fact that we have to come here by the thousands to plead and beg for features shows lack of direction.

who is running the company?

• MagierElefant59MagierElefant59 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the snap function please or choice to turn it on and off.This was the best multimedia feature and its removal makes no sense to me because nothing is improved by now.No snap back or pip on xbox one, no scorpio for me.

• JudaZukJudaZuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

o Rivers o - to be fair .. Snap never ever caused any lag on the Xbox .. I used it several times a dag every day of the week, and there was never any issue with lag ... there IS an issue now though! Home is laggy, and My Games & Apps is lagging still to this day.. and it freezes up! numerous update and they still have not fix this. There was no performance improvement after they removed snap.. it has in fact gotten worse performance in some parts of the UI ..

• BaggiestTiara3BaggiestTiara3 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Snap changed gaming. One of the special things about it. Without it I feel 20th century switching back and forth.

• UG25RoyalUG25Royal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Kinect functionality was a big selling point for me. The Snap feature was one of the primary uses I had for this item, now quietly kinect support is dying and the snap feature is removed? I never noticed lag or problems with Snap, so why not just have it as a feature that some can opt out of?

• Ectoplasm H2PEctoplasm H2P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Snap removal was a terrible idea. Whoever approved this at MS should have a long hard think about their choices.

It's like selling a car with cruise control, allowing drivers to use the feature, and then simply turning it off.

It's clearly the top 2x requested features.

MS you would benefit from listening to the needs of the community or users will slip away.

• o Rivers oo Rivers o commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be fair, it was a good thing they removed the snapped BS, it was poorly implemented and it lagged the *** out of the xbox.
    Now paves the way for something better to come in.
    Stop moaning

• Four20PBRFour20PBR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No longer like to casual play xbox since I can't watch news at same time. Was the best feature. Xbox boring now

• KrySta27KrySta27 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's insane they removed such an awesome feature with no warning at all. Looks like PlayStation just launched a better service anyways called Vue, guess I'm going to Sony

• GateFatherGateFather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sucks that I can't watch the phils/eagles and play destiny anymore. I have a large projection screen to the snapped TV away large!

• Absolut ZeroAbsolut Zero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Games randomly crashing.....

A loading screen and a message simultaneously causing massive slowdown.....

Pandora closing at random times.....

These problems have only worsened for me since Snap was "updated" off my XBoxOne. Whatever resource issue Snap's removal was meant to fix, IT'S NOT WORKING! And I'm thinking of getting the next Forza game..... If these issues remain unresolved, the Scorpio will drop in and flop and the PlayStation and Nintendo systems will run away with the next console generation.

• Pico619Pico619 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did sold my xbone on eBay "129$". Each game for $15 bc they got rid of this fundamental feature to why I bought xbone. If they want me to buy Scorpio they need to bring snap back o I'm done with xbone. I'm now on Sony side.

• partys4foodpartys4food commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

snap makes it possible to skype and play at same time, thats why i wanted it over ps4, it should not have taken up a 1/3 of screen in first place but it was way better then nothing! none of your updates or new ideas are any good, all you xbox employees should take two weeks off then quit!!

• natelawrencenatelawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really want to be able to have Skype visible to talk to my cousins on the other side of the country while I play a game with them.

Having an option of either Snap or PIP (with the ability to re-position the picture in picture to not interfere with gameplay/video) would be ideal.

• SACRED JUTSUSACRED JUTSU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop this fraud and return us the feature you advertised Microsoft. You've had enough time to read all these posts from Xbox owners roasting you for your stupid decision to remove snap. Now its time for you guys to get to work and fix this mess you've created.

• BernieSanders IBernieSanders I commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is ridiculous. Why would you get rid of this feature in the first place? It's not perfect, but taking away features is just stupid. Many people didn't use it mainly because they didn't know where to go to activate it. if it was a PiP overlay, it would make it seamless and perfect. This was a selling point for the system, and something that goes really well with stretched out games like Elite Dangerous. Binge watch youtube while screaming across the universe in your spaceship. That's what I enjoyed. and you took it away ;(

• SplyntaSplynta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

pip would be good. Snap was pretty poor though. The tv portion of xbox would be a lot more useful with pip. A pip that can be resized and moved though, because each game is different and uses different screen space.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base