Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Replace Snapped Video Playback as a PiP Overlay

Please give us this option. Whether a new pip or original snap. This was a system selling feature.

4,201 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Darth666Bane666 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

594 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KIKOHUNTERBR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to play and watch a TV.... now I can’t do it.... this week we have the Australian Open and a can’t see the match when I’m playing

• GeeKay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to play Forza 5 while I watch the Awesome Games Done Quick event on Twitch. Why am I not? Because Snap is gone. I'm stuck here installing Forza 6: Apex on my PC because the delay I'd get from streaming from my Xbox isn't worth it and I'm not paying $40+ for a Play Anywhere game just because a feature was removed from the console.

• GoldenPhone7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring Snap back or pip if you don't I will never buy a Microsoft product ever again I bought my Xbox one for this function and then you just take it away we should all take you to court for this you just keep on abandoning products and functions I have been let down by you so much with windows phone, Xbox one , surface rt , skype on rt, no apps I think that if you carry on at this rate you have no customers left. Get rid of Satya Nadella he does not now what he is doing

• Nick Sumpter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many people regularly used SNAP as part of their user experience and it was a major feature when XB1 was launched - hopefully they will listen to the community feedback and implement a PIP overlay quickly, but I doubt it, because if they listened to the community then they wouldn't have removed it before the replacement program/feature was ready to roll out.

• matIsk8terIboi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I enjoyed listening to music with YouTube snapped whilst playing my games. It was the best feature for me and the same as others a big selling point. Furious that it's slyly been underhandedly taken away, with a coverup of a new dashboard. Lost my trust.

• total ownership commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm watching an NFL game right now. Yet my Xbox is off. Hours of gaming is not happening because snap is gone. I seriously doubt I'm going to get the X. Snap was THE selling feature for me. It was the sole reason why I chose Xbox over PS4 at launch.

• SteliosVibrator commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

performance in not a reason.. is it were then its up to the consumer to choose whether or not to use the feature. you cant remove a feature that was advertised with the console, was a selling point for many and you took it away. you cant sell a car and go back later on to take the wheels, thats theft, and this is absolutly no different. a class action needs to happen here, seriously.

• itsCadu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS removed his best idea!!! Anda the thing that makes me choose an xbox one over a ps4...

• Kruegmeister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WTF... They removed this???
    I own both Consoles now and I am so disappointed that this is gone...
    I guess I'll just keep my Game Library on PS4 since there is no added benefit of Watching Football and Gaming.
    God you MicroDumbA$$e$ really just have your head up your A$$E$

• SACRED JUTSU commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A recent twitter post from Fail Spencer seems to suggest that they currently have no plans to replace snap at the moment. Probably because MS is too busy working on more garbage social gaming and streaming features. Our only hope for any kind of replacement would be if some UWP developer was able to create an app that could simulate snap/pip. It's sad how they can use features to sell consumers on buying the X1 and just remove them without providing any type of alternative. Spencer and the rest of the Xbox division at MS have done nothing but mislead and swindle their userbase this entire generation. I honestly can't believe anyone would buy an X1X after having heard all the lies Phil and his division have told. First it was the all in one media device, then they were all about gaming, now they only seem to focus on streaming and services. They are totally inept and clueless in their execution this console generation. Features being removed, games cancelled, development studios shut down, and a lack of exclusive content. Fail Spencer has doomed the Xbox brand.

• VintageCello251 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The marketing material still seems to suggest that PIP or original SNAP seems to work. This is the main usecase for Xbox one digital tuner.

• merajaan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring this feature back, it was the only reason why I bought the TV tuner accessory

• r0boto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was going to buy one but when I heard there is no PIP, I changed my mind.

• Squirtleboi89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes!!! Youtube music while playing games. Watching tv and playing video games. It was so fantastic

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base