Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Replace Snapped Video Playback as a PiP Overlay

Please give us this option. Whether a new pip or original snap. This was a system selling feature.

4,328 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Darth666Bane666 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

610 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • YugoNation commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Netflix just added it to their windows 10 app. Cant imagine this would be that difficult :(

• AdvancedBeginnr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I remember this being one of the marquee features Microsoft talked about when the console was first announced.

It'd be great to play a game while watching sports, or have two different sports games being streamed at once (big during the NFL season, any playoffs).

• Fried RiceBalls commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I always used Snap to watch sports and play games at the same time. This was a system seller and game changer for me. I chose Xbox One over ps4 on day 1. Very disappointed and have been since they got rid of snap to “free up resources.”

• FierceMobius1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are dozens of petitions each with thousands of votes and even a few with more then ten thousand votes asking for snap to return or for it to be replaced by pip. Tens of thousands of us chose the Xbox of PlayStation because of snap. And a many of us game less or have stopped gaming because of the removal of snap. I know I won’t buy another consul from Microsoft unless snap or pip is a feature. I’ll be buying switch or PlayStation. I’m sure many people here agree. It’s been years since you removed snap and still there are petitions and comments asking for it back!!!!!

• polack574 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I remembered a buddy if mine watching tv while playing assassins creed on the Xbox one. So tonight, I thought in would put the Olympics on tonight while I played Fortnite. Unfortunately, Xbox removed this feature. I remember it being a big selling point when the Xbox came out. I hope they find a way to have PIP more or bring back a sort of snap as I have seen veey few improvements worth removing the ability to do two thing at once. I will be looking into PlayStation for the first time as I have always been pro Xbox owning every console since the first Xbox and pushing my friends to get one. That trend will no longer continue unless this issue is resolved.

• Zero or Die453 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been wanting this back since 2015! At least give us the option to go back to the UI we all know and love. Cortana is not what gamers want. We want features to play multiple games at once and multitask!!!

• SWISSHERWEED commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah I loved snapped bring it back please I love being able to play a game and watch something on the side

• J Wheazy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix this. Main reason I bought Xbox one. Terrible. Should be a class action over false advertising

• Menojohnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please add something, Snapped was one of the big reasons why i picked the XB1 over the competition. Please bring this feature back PLEASE!!

• PeerlessPoach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There was no reason to get rid of this feature. Its nice to have something on in the background while playing or if someone else is using the TV. Big reason to use the Switch.

• Chuckdragonx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to have a picture in picture option for two reasons. One I enjoy watching and listening to movie videos or just seeing the album cover while I play, secondly, sports are fun to watch and check the score while emmerse myself in this amazing xbox one x experience!

• KIKOHUNTERBR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like to play and watch a TV.... now I can’t do it.... this week we have the Australian Open and a can’t see the match when I’m playing

• GeeKay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to play Forza 5 while I watch the Awesome Games Done Quick event on Twitch. Why am I not? Because Snap is gone. I'm stuck here installing Forza 6: Apex on my PC because the delay I'd get from streaming from my Xbox isn't worth it and I'm not paying $40+ for a Play Anywhere game just because a feature was removed from the console.

• GoldenPhone7 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring Snap back or pip if you don't I will never buy a Microsoft product ever again I bought my Xbox one for this function and then you just take it away we should all take you to court for this you just keep on abandoning products and functions I have been let down by you so much with windows phone, Xbox one , surface rt , skype on rt, no apps I think that if you carry on at this rate you have no customers left. Get rid of Satya Nadella he does not now what he is doing

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base