Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Ability to Stream Music from Your Phone for Background Music

Instead of making people purchase a subscription to Microsoft Groove, let people play their own music from their phone via the "Xbox" app. No one purchases CD's anymore. I would like to be able to play a multiplayer match with my favorite music in the background. Thank You

195 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Actorman2000 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • RandomlyGener8d commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. It would be really awesome if we could screen cast and have the option to run it on the background.

• Wershingtub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love reading "nobody buys CDs anymore" as I sit next to stacks of CDs, some of which I bought just days ago.

• LuckEmoose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of that garbage Groove Music app for xbox one, and bring back the Xbox Music app that let you stream music from other devices (phones) like the 360 still does. All in one console my butt. I don't see why you replace an app like Xbox Music with an app that charges you a monthly subscription on top of their gold account. An app that you get better content from YouTube.

• narrowband commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Straight up, why has Microsoft not just done what people have been asking for since launch and provide the same functionality as the 360? I DON'T WANT TO USE YOUR GARBAGE STREAMING SERVICE WITH ITS LAME WALMART SELECTION OF FAMILY FRIENDLY TUNES! I want to listen to Alien Vampires, we'll it's not on Groove and the "simple background music player" is junk. Same goes for Agonoize, or Grendel, or any other no mainstream artist.

I will say it again. I have music. I don't want to or need to stream it. Just *** do it Microsoft.

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base