Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic download and install for game updates

The amount of times i come online only to find i can't play because a game needs to update, this should be automatic even in insta-on mode!! Allow auto-downloading of game updates and installation just like system updates. You could set an option so it only does it for games played in the last 60 days so it doesn't download updates for games you haven't played recently.

4,243 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

77 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Xbox One now offers the ability to automatically install updates for consoles. You can set updates for the Xbox or games & apps separately by going to Settings > System > Updates and checking “Keep my console up to date” and “Keep my games & apps up to date”

2. Tell me when my console has been updated!

At the moment, if my console updates in standby I am unaware when it has updated. A little pop up letting me know it has updated and what the changes are when I turn on my console post update would be great!

3,839 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show Size of Downloads in Queue

Percent installed is great but I think it would be good to also see file sizes on the Download Queue screen, and although it's somewhat approximate, an idea of how long it will take at current average dl speed to complete a download and all downloads in the queue

215 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Manually check for app and game updates

From within the My Games and Apps app on Xbox One, by hovering over the game/app you want to check for an update and pressing the start/options button on the controller the list would display "Check for Update"

This allows for people who have a broadband download limit to update only the games and apps they want rather than having to either wait for the update to download after starting a game or having to exceed their download limit by updating all automatically.

This would also allow for multiple updates to be queued manually from one menu rather than having…

131 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now check for updates manually by going to My Games and Apps, and navigating to the “Updates” section. You will see all the games and apps that have updates available and initiate the update on any apps your choose.

• Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base