Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add full offline support to the Xbox One

Please add FULL offline support to the Xbox One.

Currently we can't earn achievements while playing offline, we can't use custom background when we are offline and we can't sign-in when we are offline unless we go to settings and select "Go offline". We can't see our Pins or recent used apps either without an internet connection so please change this Microsoft!

I understand it is still like this because of the old OS design ideas but please bring back the offline features we had on the Xbox 360. It would be really nice to have it back.

Thank you

6,951 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

203 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disc eject using controller on Xbox One

Pressing the menu button when highlighting the disc drive app and scrolling down to select eject for any discs that are currently in the drive. This feature was very neat and helpful on 360, and it would be cool to see it make a return on the One.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by Y0U G0T M4X3D, LishPROD and Yordan Sampon. Thanks, everyone!]

6,647 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

237 comments  ·  Xbox One  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Speed Up Game Installs

Game installs and downloads are incredibly slow, speed up downloads and put more of the Xbox's power to installing especially when its doing nothing else

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by MuscledRMH, ThinkDIGGITYDAN, and CleanFawn190963. Thanks everyone!]

6,499 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

232 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Live Tiles

It would be great to see live tiles around the OS for a more vivid experience. I really like this feature on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. The actual "dead tiles" are kind of static, and dynamic stuff are always welcome here.

5,675 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Play games digitally after installing from disc

I would love to play my games digitally after installing the game from a physical copy just because it would save more time switching between games and it would make up for the high memory usage when installing.

4,603 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

264 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Xbox One Miracast Support

Since Windows 8 has built in Miracast support, It would be great being able to mirror our Windows 8 device to the TV via the Xbox One. With Snap support!

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by MathSimon and techAU. Thanks everyone!]

4,145 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

438 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Replace Snapped Video Playback as a PiP Overlay

Please give us this option. Whether a new pip or original snap. This was a system selling feature.

4,094 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

577 comments  ·  Snap and Quick Menu  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Estimated Download & Installation Times

In the Queue section of My Games & Apps, a great addition to the percentage progress bar would be to have an estimated time for how long the download (digital games or updates) or installation (disc) will take.

As space on the Tile in the Queue may already be limited (if seeing the artwork is still important), this information could be placed under Manage Game and would say something like "estimated time remaining: 4 hours".

In the Queue, where all items are listed, it could even say "estimated time for all downloads: 6 hours", covering the time expected for all…

3,344 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring Back Snap (Instead of or In Addition to Overlays)

Removing the Snap feature when it was a major selling point of the console is a step backwards. Allow all apps (including One Guide) to work in PiP mode with the new overlay feature, but also allow us to resize the game so we can place the PiP window in the empty space, replicating snap. Covering up part of the game is NEVER a good solution.

3,261 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

386 comments  ·  Snap and Quick Menu  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Grey out controller update when there's no new update

[Mod edit: This idea was combined with a similar suggestion from +Jrocker23. Thanks, everyone!]

3,051 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unique notification sounds

For both Xbox One and Xbox 360:

The achievement "pop" has become an iconic part of the Xbox experience and synonymous with achievements themselves. However, that same sound is used for every notification on Xbox, including things as mundane as a friend signing in.

Please add unique notification sounds for other events and help the achievement pop maintain its integrity as the sound that signifies accomplishment.

3,020 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to 'Download and Install All Available Updates'

We have all pretty much come to play a game we haven't played in a while or use an app and been hit with an update. I have nothing wrong with updates, but I think there should be a new button on the 'My Games & Apps' page.
    It could go to the right of the current sort button.
    It could say in bold: Download and Install Updates
    And underneath the bold in normal text: 5 Update(s) Available
    Or how ever many updates there are available.
    So I could go onto the games page and click install updates and it…

2,905 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to pair phone w/console displaying incoming text & calls

Don't need to send/read texts, or take calls from the console. But it would be cool to have "new text" or "incoming call" pop up on screen, especially for us headset gamers.

2,883 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Press instead of hold Home button to accept notifications

When I get a notification I have the option to accept by holding the HOME button. This more often than not results in wanting to turn off the system or go home. The addition of saying "Xbox Launch" works well but holding doesn't. Maybe a double tap or something.

2,831 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add timestamp & date stamp to notifications

It would be nice to see when I received party/game invites so I know when I see that I have notifications, some of which are invites, I know if they were sent a few minutes ago or if they're days old.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from Gonzo345. Thanks everyone!]

2,817 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to Select Multiple or All Games / Apps When Copying or Moving Files

Having external storage is great but we need more flexibility in how we manage the content across devices.

Atm you need to click Manage on each Game/App you want to Move/Copy and select the appropriate action which can be time consuming when working with large collections.

It would be helpful if we could select multiple items or have the ability to copy/move all which would particularly useful when moving to a new storage device or backing up items to a secondary device

2,591 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let us take screenshots of any part of the system, not only in game

Let us take screenshots of any part of the system, both from our library and the menu. So we'll able to show our friends our pins or other parts of dashboard like games or apps...
    --
    Permitirnos tomar imágenes de cualquier parte del sistema, tanto de nuestra biblioteca y el menú. Así que vamos a poder mostrar a nuestros amigos nuestros pernos u otras partes del tablero como juegos o aplicaciones...

2,369 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

44 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Dynamic Dashboard with Live Animations

Ive seen the background changr requests but how about dynamic moving backgrounds like ps3 had

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from +BabySealWhacker, who suggested an interactive dashboard or a dashboard that features theme-specific animations.]

2,282 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

116 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Sleep Timer for xbox one

Being able to set a sleep timer where you can set the xbox to turn off after 30 mins or more and it will turn off along with what ever tv and cable devices are connetcted. This is the only setback that stops me from fully loving my xbox one experience. I go to sleep with the tv on so I use the sleep timer on my tv but my xbox will run all night because the 1 hr inactivity doesn't work when the xbox in in tv mode. So I disconnected my cable from the xbox one just so…

2,254 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

219 comments  ·  Power and Startup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Install multiple games and apps at once

Could you please let us install more than one game or app at once, just like on the PS4? It's very frustrating that the Xbox One can only download one game at a time. For example, I try to download an update for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Halo 3: ODST. So I want both to download and install at the same instead of having to wait one finish to install and then wait for another one. I don't want to leave the Xbox One on for hours just to install those games. And I don't want to enable…

2,203 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base