Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Background Music done PROPERLY

Since this website and Microsoft in general are acting like this feature is done, completed and implemented to a satisfactory level, and it seems they are either blissfully unaware of just what a *** poor job they've done or are simply trying to bury the fact that they have, I am going to start a new 'Suggestion' page for this feature, because this feature is NOT here and it is NOT "Completed" as the moderators have so arrogantly declared it.

In case you're confused as to what 'PROPERLY' means, let me spell it out for you - streaming off USB…

291 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

38 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Stream Music from Your Phone for Background Music

Instead of making people purchase a subscription to Microsoft Groove, let people play their own music from their phone via the "Xbox" app. No one purchases CD's anymore. I would like to be able to play a multiplayer match with my favorite music in the background. Thank You

195 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add hard drive maintenance feature to Xbox One

Should have option to perform maintenance like on 360.

[Mod edit: Changed title from "improved hard drive maintenance" to better reflect this suggestion. Thanks!]

519 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Full Windows 10 on Xbox One

Give the ability to install full Windows 10 and use it a full desktop PC and then when ready, switch to Xbox mode for serious gaming. Since the Xbox one has 3 OSs (Window, Hyper-V, and Xbox OS), it would really cool to have Xbox with full PC capabilities for serious computing and when ready, switch to Xbox Gaming for serious entertainment. This could make the "ultimate Xbox." This could increase the sales of Xbox. Also, make monitors with Kinects built in as the default camera and microphone for the "ultimate Xbox." Market it as a "Signature Series" PC, exclusive…

2,185 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

87 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Let us take screenshots of any part of the system, not only in game

Let us take screenshots of any part of the system, both from our library and the menu. So we'll able to show our friends our pins or other parts of dashboard like games or apps...
    --
    Permitirnos tomar imágenes de cualquier parte del sistema, tanto de nuestra biblioteca y el menú. Así que vamos a poder mostrar a nuestros amigos nuestros pernos u otras partes del tablero como juegos o aplicaciones...

2,387 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

45 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add full offline support to the Xbox One

Please add FULL offline support to the Xbox One.

Currently we can't earn achievements while playing offline, we can't use custom background when we are offline and we can't sign-in when we are offline unless we go to settings and select "Go offline". We can't see our Pins or recent used apps either without an internet connection so please change this Microsoft!

I understand it is still like this because of the old OS design ideas but please bring back the offline features we had on the Xbox 360. It would be really nice to have it back.

Thank you

6,998 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

202 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put a "Sales"page in your Xbox one games store ok?

I know you have the games with gold page on the Dash,BUT we need a in Store page to show ALL the sales.Like you do on Xbox-360! It makes it easier to find games instead of digging through tons of games that ARE NOT on sale guys*even Ps3&Ps4 have this feature....

883 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 78 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Windows 10 Task View on Xbox One

Windows 10 has a beautiful new Task View to see all running games and apps and I would love to see a similarly implemented Task View come to Xbox One.

The Xbox One's "View" button uses the same icon (two rectangles overlapped) as the Task View button in Windows 10. Thus I propose a long press of the "View" button should bring up the Xbox One Task View.

190 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow games stored on an external drive to be playable when offline!

Please allow games that we have stored on an external hard drive to be playable when offline.
    Currently NONE of the games stored on my external HDD appear when I'm not connected to xbox live, and this means I'm unable to play the games I want to.
    It also means if I were to take my games to a friends house, I still won't be able to play unless connected to live!
    Please fix!

1,509 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The ability to play music from any other device by USB or Bluetooth

Playing music in the background of my turtle beaches on the 360 while I played halo was epic! Please!!!! Have Bluetooth or USB on the xbox that way we can plug our devices and listen to music while we play....

537 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show all currently open apps/games by pressing the view button on the Home Screen

The Xbox One is a great multi-tasking device, snapping and being able to switch apps instantly with voice is awesome. Sometimes I'd like to be able to see all the apps/games that are currently running. Whether I want to switch between apps, or stop them from running in the background, there should be a visual multi-tasking menu that shows all currently open apps and games.

The view button is extremely underutilized. Even the view icon shows 1 window overlapping another, suggesting multi-tasking. Please consider implementing a multi-tasking menu in a future Xbox One update.

184 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Xbox anti theft security system

I should be able to register my console and setup security measures. If I report it stolen it locks down until I unlock it. In fact that should be required if the console goes online ever. This way almost every console will have it and it can just be common knowledge that a stolen xbox is worthless. Phones do it, so should consoles.

182 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Play games digitally after installing from disc

I would love to play my games digitally after installing the game from a physical copy just because it would save more time switching between games and it would make up for the high memory usage when installing.

4,663 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

269 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Clear Cache Option

Something that Xbox One really needs is the option to clear cache. I know this can be done by doing a hard reset but it is completely unnecessary to do a hard reset just to clear our cache. The Xbox 360 had a simple option to clear cache when you were in the settings menu and I this really needs to return to the Xbox One.

I would like to suggest adding it in the settings menu or storage menu to make it much easier to clear our cache without having to unplug the power.

Since the Xbox One UI…

1,477 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Rollout Directx 12

We know there are significant performance gains to be had; sooner better than later, for devs and gamers alike.

[Mod Edit: this idea was merged with similar ideas from TOP PREDAT0R+, Chapel+, ultraaslan92+, and others. Thanks everyone!]

1,657 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. BD-R Support (Play burned BDR discs)

Updating the BluRay drive firmware to enable support for BD-R disc.

1,093 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

415 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have the Xbox One remember more than one wireless password

It is ridiculous that my 500gig xbox cant remember more than one 1kb wifi password.
    Hated that with the 360 and was shocked to see the issue is still present on the ONE.
    Please Im tired of writing the same passwords everytime I bring my xbox to one of my friends’ place.

1,150 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

158 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Split Screen to Separate TVs using the HDMI ports

I know this is true for me: I love playing with friends on the same Xbox, but hate doing split screen. I think, if it is possible, that is would be awesome if I could use the HDMI ports for the out and the in to both be out ports. When playing a game that has split screen for multiple local players, like Halo, to have both players playing on separate tvs. Of course, there should be an option to change from split screen to split tvs. That would be awesome!

898 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Remote play like PS4 and Wii U

I am extremely impressed with the Remote Play function of the PS4 and Wii U: you can stream games from your console to your handheld devices (ps vita) or wii u gamepad and play it anywhere in your house.
    Since Windowsphone 8 supports game controller, I want to be able to stream games from my Xbox One to my Windowsphone 8 devices (lumia 920) and play it on my phone with the support of game controller such as: Moga controller… or xbox one controller. I even wish that i can stream games from Xbox One to my computer running Windows…

413 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base