Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make a Schedule of Xbox One Updates like Windows 10 (Only 2 or 4 Updates Per Year)

What the heck is Wrong with you people ??? Everytime i turn on my Xbox One a new Update is waiting for me. I play my console on Weekends. So everytime i need to play some games there is a so called Prompt waiting for me - "It's time to Update". It is very annoying; its like UPDATE NOW OR GO TO HELL.

So why don't you guys just make a Simple Update Schedule for Xbox One like you did with Windows 10 (2 Updates Per Year). Make a similar Schedule for Xbox One too. So everyone just knows about…

1,091 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

48 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replace Snapped Video Playback as a PiP Overlay

Please give us this option. Whether a new pip or original snap. This was a system selling feature.

4,119 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

582 comments  ·  Snap and Quick Menu  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Icons to Identify Games Acquired Through Subscriptions Like Game Pass, Games With Gold, or Purchased

As my game library grows through regular purchases, sales, GwG and subscriptions, I've found it harder to remember which games I actually own, and which are proved through subscription services. It would be great if the games in my library that were acquired through these services had a small mark to indicate if my license is only valid as long as that subscription is active. Making it easier to identify whether my games are my own, or whether they are available through Game Pass, EA Access or Games with Gold would allow players to make more informed decisions when faced…

1,081 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keep the ability to "hide" the Mixer, Community and Store tabs on the dashboard.

Recently, it was discovered that holding in the left joystick and pressing the Y button on the Dashboard brought up a menu that lets us remove, or "hide" the tabs for Mixer, Community, and Store. Major Nelson has since commented on this and said it wasn't a feature that was intentionally added and will be removed soon.

This, I feel, is a feature that should absolutely be added, or stay. Not everyone cares for these tabs, regardless of how the Xbox team feels. And a lot of users are reporting faster menu speeds as a whole with these tabs disabled,…

1,347 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

88 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring Back Snap (Instead of or In Addition to Overlays)

Removing the Snap feature when it was a major selling point of the console is a step backwards. Allow all apps (including One Guide) to work in PiP mode with the new overlay feature, but also allow us to resize the game so we can place the PiP window in the empty space, replicating snap. Covering up part of the game is NEVER a good solution.

3,267 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

387 comments  ·  Snap and Quick Menu  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. please add Dolby Vision playback on Xbox One X

Microsoft has clearly shown that they want us to pay a premium price for "the most powerful console" ever. They continue to speak about HDR and 4k. Why is there no mention of support for Dolby Vision. This is clearly superior to HDR10. When they tout such processing power and tech specs, why do we not get this feature. $500 is alot to ask for something that is not nearly as cutting edge as advertised. MICROSOFT....PLEASE ADD DOLBY VISION SUPPORT!!!!!

1,008 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1440p support for Xbox One X

Please support 1440p with project Scorpio, 1440p is growing a lot more popular among PC players due to it being much cheaper than 4K monitors, and has affordable monitors at 144+hrz. I have been interested in buying a 1440p 144hrz monitor for my PC but I would also like to use it for Xbox and I don't want to be stuck using 1080p on Scorpio since 4K 144hrz monitors are only now being announced and released and cost much more than a 1440p 144hrz for little benefit.

824 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Press Xbox Button Once to Go Home

With the new update it took away the whole purpose of the home button. going to the home screen. it needs to do what the name suggests.

1,145 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Warning if Your Game is Going to Close When Switching to Another App

Games will often automatically end when switching around with too many apps. This is especially true with the BC games. Some sorta pop up with a "warning, doing this will exit your current game." flag would be super handy.

220 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. HD Audio pass through the HDMI IN port

DTS-HD and DD True HD output through the HDMI IN port

The situation is this: you have that Xbox One S and are enjoying 4k. You also want the highest quality of audio. But most receivers dont support 4k.

This means you gotta either choose between high quality video or high quality audio. (DTS-HD and DD True HD)

A lot of people dont use the HDMI in port as of now. Wouldnt it be nice to make a software update that allows the output of HDMI audio trough the HDMI in port?

This way people are able to enjoy both…

235 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add 21:9 Ultra Widescreen support for Xbox One S

I traded in my Xbox One Elite console for an Xbox One S after being told by Xbox Support on Twitter that it could upscale to 1440p ultrawide (21:9) displays.

As I use a 34" ultrawide display that has a resolution of 3440x1440 I jumped at it because I was tired of losing graphics quality because the 1920x1080 image was being stretched.

After finding out that the info I had been given was false they decided to send me here instead, so here we are.

If the One S is capable of upscaling to 4K there is no reason to…

161 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Background Music done PROPERLY

Since this website and Microsoft in general are acting like this feature is done, completed and implemented to a satisfactory level, and it seems they are either blissfully unaware of just what a *** poor job they've done or are simply trying to bury the fact that they have, I am going to start a new 'Suggestion' page for this feature, because this feature is NOT here and it is NOT "Completed" as the moderators have so arrogantly declared it.

In case you're confused as to what 'PROPERLY' means, let me spell it out for you - streaming off USB…

291 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Xbox Opportunities  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Console & Game Updates to Download in the Background while Playing Games

Please allow this to happen so we can still play on the Xbox One while it's updating thank you.

741 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. fix the dimming screen problem (netflix/hulu)

everytime i watch a video on netflix/hulu, the screen dims every 10 minutes, which makes me keep turning my controller on, which kills my battery alot faster, which makes me spend my money on batteries and not your products. please fix the problem

791 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Play Background Music through Xbox Chat Headset

It would be a cool idea to have a music service through your chat headset, and you can toggle which sound mode you want (Music or Voice Chat), and have it snapped on the side with the music player options (Play, Pause, Rewind, Fast-Forward, Shuffle, etc)

248 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. HDR Support For Original Xbox One

If Sony can firmware update all ps4s to use hdr than I know for a fact its possible for you sorcerers on the Xbox Team to make this happen easily for all Xbox Ones.

167 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Display and Audio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Pause / Unpause all downloads

I live in a place where my internet coneection is very bad (in a farm)..

For this reason, the downloads take a lot of time (less than 1 mbps rate)...

Some times I have a lot of games or updates on download list, and, when I want to try an online match, I have to pause one for one of the thigs on the download list, its boring and longstanding...

Please, put some way to pause and unpause ALL downloads of the list...

Or, a way to select more than one item and pause / unpause...

Thanks

306 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bigger Pin section

In addition to the return of pinning from stores as other people have suggested, a bigger pin list or pin subsections would be helpful. I'd like to have a section of my pins just for a wishlist because I tend to pin a lot of games I intend to buy later.

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Option to Turn Off the Console On/Off Sound

When i turn on or shut down the Xbox with the controller it has sound like i touch the button. You can include the option to turn on/off start and shut down sound in the settings. (This is after the recent preview update)

462 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow me to schedule updates

Being a member of the Preview program I am constantly required to update my console.This would be fine if it didn't interrupt what I am doing, at the time of writing this I was in the middle of playing a game with my friends and I am now staring at the update screen since I can't postpone it. Having a feature to schedule when the update can be applied would be extremely convenient since Windows OS allows me to do this with its updates.

146 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base