Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live Tiles

It would be great to see live tiles around the OS for a more vivid experience. I really like this feature on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. The actual "dead tiles" are kind of static, and dynamic stuff are always welcome here.

5,675 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

61 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox One Miracast Support

Since Windows 8 has built in Miracast support, It would be great being able to mirror our Windows 8 device to the TV via the Xbox One. With Snap support!

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by MathSimon and techAU. Thanks everyone!]

4,147 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

438 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unique notification sounds

For both Xbox One and Xbox 360:

The achievement "pop" has become an iconic part of the Xbox experience and synonymous with achievements themselves. However, that same sound is used for every notification on Xbox, including things as mundane as a friend signing in.

Please add unique notification sounds for other events and help the achievement pop maintain its integrity as the sound that signifies accomplishment.

3,020 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to pair phone w/console displaying incoming text & calls

Don't need to send/read texts, or take calls from the console. But it would be cool to have "new text" or "incoming call" pop up on screen, especially for us headset gamers.

2,883 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Press instead of hold Home button to accept notifications

When I get a notification I have the option to accept by holding the HOME button. This more often than not results in wanting to turn off the system or go home. The addition of saying "Xbox Launch" works well but holding doesn't. Maybe a double tap or something.

2,831 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add timestamp & date stamp to notifications

It would be nice to see when I received party/game invites so I know when I see that I have notifications, some of which are invites, I know if they were sent a few minutes ago or if they're days old.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with a similar idea from Gonzo345. Thanks everyone!]

2,817 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Xbox Live Service alert directly on the dashboard

It's quite frustrating when you switch on your Xbox One and you figure out you can't access your profile, games and apps, and it says your connection is not unavailable whereas you have checked all your network settings and everything is all right. I think when there is a problem with the Xbox Live service, a message should be displayed on the dashboard (maybe next to or under the globe icon for the notifications) to notify that the service is down right now. Even further, you could get more details (the same type of infos displayed on Xbox.com on the…

1,316 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Weather Notifications in regards to Emergency Situations

I was recently playing video games in a storm recently and to my dismay I was involved in a tornado. I was not personally affected but my area was. I was not aware of the weather situation at the time because I was gaming my living and had my headset on and could not hear the sirens. When I found out what happened I almost went into shock. I know it's a stretch but how fantastic would it be if we had the option to set up our systems to notify us for emergencies that are happening around us. There…

1,110 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notification when a game you own is backward compatible

For those that have a lot of Xbox 360 games digitally owned, please give us notifications when games we purchased on xbox 360 are able to be played on Xbox One.

722 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a section in home where it notifies you about System updates, App updates, Controller Updates

I was thinking about how Xbox should notify you about updates.
    Like in the Notification area or somewhere in Home.
    It could be more helpful so people could be up to date with the latest versions of system Updates, App Updates, and even controller Updates.

675 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better update controller notification

A better controller notification method, generally I only know that there is an update for my controller reading on the internet.

655 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Stop putting what i've done in the notifications tab..

The notifications tab should tell me about incoming messages or when friends have bought a new game or when something else has happened to a friend. Stop putting everything i do into the notification area. For example if i record a 30 second clip i don't need to be notified that i've done it. I know i've done it.

564 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Console update notification

Please add a notification that tells you when a console update is available to download. I'm seeing a lot of people that aren't even aware of new updates.

520 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to change Pop up Notification Location

I think it would be really cool to allow the user to move the pop up notification window on an individual game basis. Say for one game it may be easier to have the notifications window in the top right corner instead of the bottom center area where it may potentially block a hud element. Also allowing the developers to alter the notifications location would be great as well.

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas from av3rag3gam3rguy and others. Thanks everyone!]

507 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Internet Disconnect notification

Internet Disconnect notification.

504 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to turn off instruction message for notifications

Please give us the option to turn off the instruction message under the notification. Experienced users don't need it and it makes the notifications last too long and makes them too big so please give us an option to turn it off.

393 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NAT Notification Message

Many connection problems exist in multiplayer with restricted NAT types.

To help improve multiplayer games, please add in a notification window that is prompted immediately upon signing in to Xbox live that states something like, "You have a restricted NAT type, please go here to fix it." Clicking 'a' on the message could give the player directions on how to open their NAT. Helpful websites include portfowarding.com where people can enter their router/modem type.

This could be helpful not only for the many people who do understand NAT types and the importance of it in multiplayer games, but is also…

325 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Repeat Low Battery Notifications

Thank you for providing a low battery notification. However, just the one notification isn't enough. Sometimes we may miss the notification or in the middle of a match just don't have the chance to do it right then. Annoy us with notifications, every 2-5 minutes until the controller dies or we rectify it. I'm much more satisfied being annoyed with low battery messages, than seeing it once and forgetting about it after the match, just to have my controller to cut off mid match a few games later.

322 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have the Xbox Logo on the Console blink when a notification has been received

[Mod edit: Title changed from "have xbox logo on console, kinect, or controller blink to let you know you have a notification. like if you were away when you received a no."]

301 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Smaller notifications window

When viewing notifications, the window that pops up could be smaller to be less obtrusive.

274 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base