Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic Dashboard with Live Animations

Ive seen the background changr requests but how about dynamic moving backgrounds like ps3 had

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from +BabySealWhacker, who suggested an interactive dashboard or a dashboard that features theme-specific animations.]

2,299 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

117 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't advertise games I already own on the dashboard

I own Gears of War UE, please quit reminding me on the dashboard that I should buy it. Please scan the games I have purchased and do not send these advertisements to me, instead give me advertisements that can influence me.

2,189 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2,166 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an Xbox Live Rewards Tab on the Dashboard

It would be nice to see progress and credit balance at a glance instead of having to boot up IE to see information.

1,616 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Idle Home Screen Becomes A Screensaver

When the xbox is idle and not on TV it would be neat for the xbox to display different images and news from online sources kind of how the chromecast works when idle.

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with a similar idea from H8R 2, pulseMOD and others. Thanks everyone!]

1,611 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keep the ability to "hide" the Mixer, Community and Store tabs on the dashboard.

Recently, it was discovered that holding in the left joystick and pressing the Y button on the Dashboard brought up a menu that lets us remove, or "hide" the tabs for Mixer, Community, and Store. Major Nelson has since commented on this and said it wasn't a feature that was intentionally added and will be removed soon.

This, I feel, is a feature that should absolutely be added, or stay. Not everyone cares for these tabs, regardless of how the Xbox team feels. And a lot of users are reporting faster menu speeds as a whole with these tabs disabled,…

1,364 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

93 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a Games Tab to the Xbox One Dashboard

Please add a Games Tab on the Xbox One dashboard where we can see all our games. Pinning games is fine for now but there will come a moment were I can't pin my games anymore because I reached the limit.

A simple Games Tab that shows all your games would be a perfect solution.

1,227 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Press Xbox Button Once to Go Home

With the new update it took away the whole purpose of the home button. going to the home screen. it needs to do what the name suggests.

1,146 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Customizable System Sounds

Allow for the ability to customize sounds for several aspects of the X1, from start up, to disk eject/insert, controller on/of, log in, app open/close etc.

Have a page within settings where you can set a soundbyte to several of these situations, then include a checkbox that you can turn it on or off at the click of a button.

Make SOME of these sounds unlock-able with achievements/challenges.

I.e. When a person logs in "Welcome back pilot, I have kept the seat warm for you", Turning the system on...."Standby for Titanfall" (Perhaps even make the startup profile log in screen…

1,027 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

43 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable/Disable System Sounds

Hi all silence-lovers. Would it be wonderful to navigate with XB1 without the disturbing "plong, pling" sounds? In one simple word:Yes! It would be a real pleasure to use XB-Music, when you are able to just listen to music instead of "pling, plong" feedback from the system. The controller is noisy enough. So just vote, place a comment and we can make this happen.

984 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

332 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pins need to be moved on the NXOE Dashboard

As I watched the walkthrough for the new dashboard I couldn't help but notice that our Pins will be at the bottom of our recent games & apps. Pins are supposed to be easy to get to for quickly launching our favorite games and apps. Burying them under our recents is making harder to get to and only reducing our productivity.

Please, as of now, that is my only complaint with the new dashboard and I look forward to testing it out as a Preview member.

819 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

56 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 794 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. fix the dimming screen problem (netflix/hulu)

everytime i watch a video on netflix/hulu, the screen dims every 10 minutes, which makes me keep turning my controller on, which kills my battery alot faster, which makes me spend my money on batteries and not your products. please fix the problem

792 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to use Bing Picture of the Day as Xbox One Dashboard Background

Many people have been requesting to have the ability to set there own backgrounds on Xbox One which would be incredible but it would also be nice to have the option to use those beautiful pictures from Bing as our Dashboard background on the Xbox One and like Bing would update daily to whatever the picture of the day is on the Bing website.

764 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have the "Hello <Name>" greeting change depending on time of day

When you turn on your xbox and it says hello <your name>, have it react to the time of day. For instance, say "Good Morning Chris" from 12Am to noon, or "Good Afternoon John" in the afternoon, or "Good Evening Susan" in the evening.

736 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More customizing options for the tile's colors

Make the whole 16.000 colors available to choose from and let us use several colors at once like the UI customizing in Final Fantasy VII was. (In FF VII you could change the color for every corner of the boxes leading to a fluent transition of one color into another.)

707 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Themes that change based on the last game played or the disc in the tray

As an option to a static theme, create themes and tile color schemes based on the last game played. Developers could include a background image and a color palette for tiles.

It would give the interface a more organic feel as opposed to a static theme.

672 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Creating an update that will allow the time to be constantly on the dashboard.

When you are on the dashboard it would be nice to have the clock displayed on the dashboard for a quick reference to the time instead of trying to search around to your computer, cell phone or any other method. Having something as simple as a clock on the dash board would be really convenient.

637 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 581 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Social Tab instead of Friends Tab

I would like to see the Friends Tab to be replaced by a Social Tab.

Social Tab features (basic)

- Friends list

Social Tab features (detailed):

- A scrollable friends list without opening the app.
    - The option to invite friends in the friends list by pressing the view button.
    - A scrollable messages/conversations, when you select it you will be able to see the conversation and to send messages without using snap or opening an app.
    - Option to start a party and to manage a party without having to open snapmode.

560 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Home and Dashboard  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base