Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to 'Download and Install All Available Updates'

We have all pretty much come to play a game we haven't played in a while or use an app and been hit with an update. I have nothing wrong with updates, but I think there should be a new button on the 'My Games & Apps' page.
    It could go to the right of the current sort button.
    It could say in bold: Download and Install Updates
    And underneath the bold in normal text: 5 Update(s) Available
    Or how ever many updates there are available.
    So I could go onto the games page and click install updates and it…

2,906 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

79 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to Select Multiple or All Games / Apps When Copying or Moving Files

Having external storage is great but we need more flexibility in how we manage the content across devices.

Atm you need to click Manage on each Game/App you want to Move/Copy and select the appropriate action which can be time consuming when working with large collections.

It would be helpful if we could select multiple items or have the ability to copy/move all which would particularly useful when moving to a new storage device or backing up items to a secondary device

2,593 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Download History

Would like a option to check download History similar to Xbox 360, currently the only way to do this is to go to games and apps and go to the far right to see what was downloaded.

2,088 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Icons to Identify Games Acquired Through Subscriptions Like Game Pass, Games With Gold, or Purchased

As my game library grows through regular purchases, sales, GwG and subscriptions, I've found it harder to remember which games I actually own, and which are proved through subscription services. It would be great if the games in my library that were acquired through these services had a small mark to indicate if my license is only valid as long as that subscription is active. Making it easier to identify whether my games are my own, or whether they are available through Game Pass, EA Access or Games with Gold would allow players to make more informed decisions when faced…

1,080 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow folders to organize Games /Apps

We need organization for our games libraries (apps too.) Folders that could be managed manually by the users would be ideal. My digital collection is already getting cluttered, i would love to group games into folders which i could name, etc.

1,066 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

131 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Split the Ready to Install list into "Full Games" and "Demos"

The "Ready to install" list now shows all possible games that are ready to install. It would be nice if demos get moved to their own list to declutter the list.

669 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a way to manage (or even see) game saves.

I had a game installed and then beat it and uninstalled it. Now the game save is gone.

From what I have read it should still be on my system but there is no way to manage that data (move, copy delete) or even see that it exists without putting the game back in and re-installing it.

How about fixing the Xbox One data management and getting it working like it did on the 360?

636 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

155 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Full Support for Fast External Storage Transfers (e.g. SSDs)

Make load times shorter. Also, Windows 8 supports this.

609 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

78 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bulk copy game saves to cloud storage

In order to help migrate from the 360 to the One, it would be extremely convenient to have an option or function to move all saved game data (excluding DLC installations) for an account from the hard drive to cloud storage. It is especially tedious to have to do this manually, one at a time, for games that save a lot of separate files rather than one "Saved Game" file per account.

Granted, we'll also need increased cloud storage space to accommodate this.... ;)

481 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Transfer and Manage Xbox 360 Saves on Xbox One Via USB for Backward Compatibility

For using saves on the backwards compatibility, it would be great if you could use usbs to transfer saves from the 360 to the one so you have more data space for 360 saves or make the cloud storage bigger than 512mb as I feel that, that's too small especially if you're going to play a lot of 360 games

421 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to search download history on 360

Ability to search download history

I'm a massive gamer and have a download history consisting of about 500 games! I almost always have a full HDD and find it very difficult to find a game when I want to redownload it. It would be amazing if we had the ability to either search our download history or simply select a letter to see what we have. For example, if I selected M, I should see every item I have beginning with the letter M only etc.

280 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Play installed games without disc on Xbox 360

why don't I install all my game Disks on my HDD, so I can play any of them without the fuss of ejecting and inserting disks for each game.

241 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Implementation of NAS game storage

I am aware that microsoft has updated the xbox one to support external harddrives. however i would like to ask if things can be taken one step further

I have about 16TB of NAS storage available at home which are partitioned into different drives and shared across my network, currently the xbox allows for me to view movies and music off of these shared drives but they do not allow me to save games to them at all. what i would really love is if the xbox gave users the ability to store games on network attached storage. I really…

169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Xbox saves should be available offline

I just discovered that because I have Xbox Live Gold, all my game saves are automatically saved to The Cloud and there is no way of changing this. On top of this there is no way of moving the saved games to my Xbox One harddrive meaning if my internet goes down, Xbox Live goes down or in my case this week, wish to take my Xbox on holiday where I will have no internet I cannot start where I left off meaning I'll have to start whole new games which would be pointless with games like GTA V and…

168 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Give us a way to manage storage on the Xbox One

We need a way to provide more storage space (or less) to certain apps. I've recently ran out of storage for my game clips and was looking for a way to provide the upload app more storage as I like to record a lot of game clips. It would be a good addition to the Xbox One interface.

143 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow players to delete game updates on xbox one, like we could on xbox 360

Game developers constantly release patches that restrict gameplay due to new bugs or prevent progression due to unforseen conflicting script. On xbox 360, a simple clear cache would remove game patches so that you could still enjoy your game until all the kinks were sorted out. On xbox one however, no such feature exists. I feel it is a huge backpeddle to remove such a key feature when it worked so well in the past. Keeping online players restricted to having the current updated or patched game prevents any online fowl play, and with that in mind the removal of…

139 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to permanently remove items from the NXOE "Ready to Install" list

I would like to not hide,,,but remove or DELETE items that are now appearing under ready to install (such as demo;s, old games we don't want to install on xbox one that we may have played on 360, etc.)

I know they are in our download history and will be available to us in the future should we want them.

136 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option for Manual Organization in Games and Apps

Much like another idea titled "Better organization in Games and Apps" , I'd like to see the support of organization by genre and played recently, but I'd also like to see the option to manually rearrange your games. This way, people can set the games they play most in the front, and sometimes, it drives me crazy seeing both Backwards Compatible and Xbox One games put in non-release order, and instead put in alphabetical (I'm sure I'm not alone). For example, if Fallout: New Vegas was backwards compatible, and I had the entire Fallout library in "My Games & Apps",…

89 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 75 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. DLC Tab in My Games & Apps

How about just like the new "Updates" tab that there is a DLC tab in My Games & Apps? It can be difficult to remember to download all DLC for a game, especially when you have a season pass and new DLC is released.

49 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Managing Game and Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base