Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save Controller preferences like Southpaw, Default, Legacy, etc. to the Cloud

XBOX 360 has the ability to remember that I play inverted and my friends accounts as well. For instance, when playing a game, I hand the controller to my friend and Kinect detects him, it should automatically change to his settings.

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with a similar idea from Crimson Kaiju. Thanks everyone!]

1,826 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

118 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard and mouse support for games

Keyboard support is here, now add mouse support for gaming so I don't have to purchase an adapter to do so. I can't tell you how much I would appreciate that! Also cross platform against Windows PC's would be pretty darn cool. Maybe in the next few years?

1,391 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

188 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When using auto sign-in I still have to select an account to use when I want to play a game

So basically, I turn on my Xbox, it signs me in, I go to a game, and the game asks me to choose a profile. If I'm using auto sign in I shouldn't have to re-sign in when starting up a game. I really hope to see this change soon!

1,183 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Pressing B button should not re-open background apps

When at the main home screen pressing the B button will auto-load the last used game or app, and is often triggered accidently whilst trying to back out of various scenarios. This is extremely frustrating and annoying.
    When i exit a game, and go to the additional courtesy of selecting 'quit' to fully close it i do not wish it to open straight back up again as i press B to back out of the guide etc.
    Nor do i want apps or games randomly starting if i proceed through the store page after page and then utilise B as…

960 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to Turn Off the Console On/Off Sound

When i turn on or shut down the Xbox with the controller it has sound like i touch the button. You can include the option to turn on/off start and shut down sound in the settings. (This is after the recent preview update)

462 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

61 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to force restart a game if it crashes without waiting for it reboot

Instead of having to force quit a game and waiting to boot it back up, give us the option to restart the game.

437 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Preferred gaming language setting

Since you for some reason lock language and region (please don't explain this by Kinect, 360 had Kinect but I could set my console to English and still be in France and buy from the local Store) you should add a setting to define a Preferred gaming language which would make all games appear in that language if the corresponding localization is on the disc or in the download.

This would take away a lot of pain from us Europeans who are always getting games in our native language although we would prefer the English original since game L10N is…

173 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. clear cache button

would be nice if on the Dashboard could be a "clear cache" Button.
    If there are Problems with the xbox you can only click the "clear cache".

Most Problems would be easily solved :)

169 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. IPv6 for 360

IPv6 support to fix NAT issues, especially when there are multiple consoles in the same location.

118 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Settings and OS Options  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base