Home, Xbox Guide, and Settings

Here you can find ideas and requests regarding the Xbox dashboard, twists, snap, settings, My Games and Apps, and the New Xbox One Experience in general.

Keep in mind that when you are searching, you are only searching through the Home, Xbox Guide, & Settings forum! If you don’t find your idea below, you can search and post it in the New Ideas forum!

Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Speed Up Game Installs

Game installs and downloads are incredibly slow, speed up downloads and put more of the Xbox's power to installing especially when its doing nothing else

[Mod Edit: This idea was merged with similar ideas posted by MuscledRMH, ThinkDIGGITYDAN, and CleanFawn190963. Thanks everyone!]

6,504 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

232 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Estimated Download & Installation Times

In the Queue section of My Games & Apps, a great addition to the percentage progress bar would be to have an estimated time for how long the download (digital games or updates) or installation (disc) will take.

As space on the Tile in the Queue may already be limited (if seeing the artwork is still important), this information could be placed under Manage Game and would say something like "estimated time remaining: 4 hours".

In the Queue, where all items are listed, it could even say "estimated time for all downloads: 6 hours", covering the time expected for all…

3,355 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Grey out controller update when there's no new update

[Mod edit: This idea was combined with a similar suggestion from +Jrocker23. Thanks, everyone!]

3,055 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Install multiple games and apps at once

Could you please let us install more than one game or app at once, just like on the PS4? It's very frustrating that the Xbox One can only download one game at a time. For example, I try to download an update for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Halo 3: ODST. So I want both to download and install at the same instead of having to wait one finish to install and then wait for another one. I don't want to leave the Xbox One on for hours just to install those games. And I don't want to enable…

2,208 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. End of the Xbox 360 Update

Dear Microsoft,

One day in the near future, it’s understandable that the Xbox 360 will end its glorious life, and become legend in the console history books.

Would it be possible though, when this sad day comes to have a final update to the system to enable it to be enjoyed indefinitely.

What would be great is:

- No requirements to be connected to servers for such things as game artwork, for our games on demand libraries. Load the entire library’s art onto the local drives.
    - Removed all tiles, apps that will not work after support ends, Market Place,…

1,881 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

79 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't have to install game disc to play it.

Just make it exactly like the Xbox 360, simple as that

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from +fuzzlow beast25. Thanks, everyone!]

1,458 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

324 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Patch notes when a game or app updates

I just got a 17 GB update from killer Instinct, why?!!
    Every time I launch this game there is an update, the last update was 11 GB and it only gets larger each time. I'm getting sick and tired of beta testing games as soon as they are released.

1,455 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

54 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make a Schedule of Xbox One Updates like Windows 10 (Only 2 or 4 Updates Per Year)

What the heck is Wrong with you people ??? Everytime i turn on my Xbox One a new Update is waiting for me. I play my console on Weekends. So everytime i need to play some games there is a so called Prompt waiting for me - "It's time to Update". It is very annoying; its like UPDATE NOW OR GO TO HELL.

So why don't you guys just make a Simple Update Schedule for Xbox One like you did with Windows 10 (2 Updates Per Year). Make a similar Schedule for Xbox One too. So everyone just knows about…

1,091 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Warning before system update

Every time I'm playing a online game I get kicked in a middle of a session because of a new update for the preview program. Please give us a warning, a timer or a time limit to update, and/or the system wait until the console recognizes that a game is not running. It really sucks when your in a middle of a Raid (Destiny) I seem to always get kicked from the game.

-- Also it would be nice to either get some kind of a sign that a game has an update or have the option to automatically update…

1,079 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Scheduling games download time

Everyone doesnt have unlimited internet plan.
    But during a day there is some times that the plan is unlimited, for example during 1Am to 8Am.
    Add Scheduling for game downloads would help me to schedule my downloads to 1-8am.

936 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

168 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have an option to auto turn off when finished downloading

When i am dowloading high GB games i usually do it overnight and I dont want it sitting there all night doing nothing until I wake up

834 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Console & Game Updates to Download in the Background while Playing Games

Please allow this to happen so we can still play on the Xbox One while it's updating thank you.

741 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic updates for people using Energy Saving Mode

Please add automatic game and app updates for consoles using energy saving mode.

Its quite annoying getting prompted to download a large update when starting a game.

What you could do is have the console check for updates for all games and apps after switching on. If there is an update then automatically add it to the download queue.

That way there would be less disruption from update prompts as patches would be downloaded automatically even if you are not playing that specific game or app.

710 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pre-install disc based games

I know that pretty soon we can install games before they release, but to my knowledge this is digital only copies of the game. I think it would be cool to pre install disc based game, like you would with digital, but it would be free; you would just need a disc to play it. This would help a lot of people who want to buy a disc after work or the midnight launch, then they can play it when they get home instead of waiting for the install and be on even terms with digital owners.

691 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

97 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable "Ready to Start" for games that won't let you play unless 100% installed

It has happened to me with many games now that as I'm installing them it says the they're "ready to start", but when I start them they don't let me go past the menus until they're 100% installed. Even though you can actually start up the software of the game, I think it's useless for games like these to say that they're "ready to start" because you can't actually start the game. What's the point in starting up these games to just look at the main menu saying that there's x% of installation progress when you can check that on…

640 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Download system update in the background.

Sometimes I like to be playing but has a system update to download. If it were possible to download in the background while I use my Xbox to the console off and then upgrade, I think it would be much better.

471 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatically Uninstall Betas When Deadlines Are Reached

When a beta shuts down its servers the beta should be automatically uninstalled

402 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The Xbox Light should glow when something is being updated while in instant-on mode

Would be a pretty small but need feature. The Wii did it for message notifications and I think it would be useful if the Xbox One did this when something is being/has been updated.

360 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Downloads bandwidth limit

This is probably more of an issue for people with limited connections like myself, but everytime my Xbox One starts downloading something, it saturates my ADSL bandwidth and I almost can't do anything else from my PC. I know I could do bandwidth throttling from my router, but an option to do so directly on the console would be very welcome.

353 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

64 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Download history organized for 360

It would be helpful if my download history was oganized into categories such as games, demos, DLC ect...

320 votes
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Installs and Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base