Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Tile transparency

Please add an option to adjust the transparancy of the tiles so we can make our background more visible. This fits perfect with the upcoming custom backgrounds support.

[Mod Edit: This idea has been merged with a similar idea posted by FrontLeader. Thanks everyone!]

2,747 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MuscledRMH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

212 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Producer K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry, but not good enough. I want to see my whole background... not just a few sections here and/or there. Re-Do!

• RunawayPeak60 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we should be able to play music in background while playing a game without using snap on Xbox One, just like on Xbox 360? why would microsoft not implement this feature I understand it is really convenient to be able to play music without using snap while playing a game. that feature is not yet available on Xbox One at the moment and if we want to play music, we need to use snap at the moment. surely you can add the feature on xbox one.

• Producer K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All tile transparency. .. not just a few. I would like to see my entire background picture!

• SkullViperBones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the transparency tiles.just wish we has full screen of background,like bing has on 360.it has its own full screen.by the way i learn some thing new from there.very cool.so to say transparency tiles they are way cool in my book.a must keep.keep up the good work,that so under selling.keep up the best work on most rad xbox out there.i know every thing a work in progress.i can't wait to see what else you guys have up your hard drive. Your friend skullviperbones.

• JKmarine64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like people have said below, transparent tiles should be an option, it looks so ugly that I have actually stopped using achievement art as my background and have went back to a lifeless black just so I don't have to put up with it. Honestly this is the real test if Microsoft can admit they made a mistake here and change it to optional. Microsoft have been better recently-way better. I hope they take this into account. It'd also be great if we don't have to wait until next month's update to get this fix, that's a while off for a tiny change.

• MHlim 1932 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oddly, it appears that my tiles are still not transparent since I installed the update. I have a feeling that the reason for this is because I use a solid silver-gray color (the same as the one that is used by default as the background for the Xbox 360 Dashboard) as my Dashboard background, instead of using an Achievement or custom image. After reviewing the video explaining the February update, it appears that the tiles only become transparent when an image or picture is used as the Dashboard background, and they remain opaque when any solid color is used. Unfortunately I believe that this is currently the only was to remove the transparency of the tiles at the present time. For the sake of those who use pictures or images as Dashboard backgrounds but do not want tile transparency I support the suggestion that there should be an option to deactivate the transparency, and also that there should be a slider or option menu that can be used to adjust the amount of transparency/opacity for the tiles.

• YNS 9 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the option to adjust or turn off tile transparacy. I was better off without it.

• JOEY G80 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the basic option to adjust the transparencey or the ability to just turn it off all together. My dashboard looks so stupid now.

• StewyBeatle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why add something like this, expressly without adding the option to disable this awful feature, it was perfect before, why do things you know most people will hate. i say go ahead add the feature. just don't make it default, let people enable it themselves.

• Dogs17171 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks awful with orange!!! There needs to be an transparency adjusting option or an option to make it not transparent

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base