Find features and requested changes to the Home dashboard and settings

Don't region lock the languages

I've noticed that in order for me to change my console language to Spanish, I would need to change the console's country to Spain or another spanish speaking country. You don't have to be from a Spanish speaking country in order to speak spanish, the same applies to other languages.

[Mod edit: This idea was merged with a similar post from mikelim. Thanks, everyone!]

8,650 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fydzz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2553 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KATORMASOUD2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if Microsoft add Persian language to xbox one and its exclusive games , I will buy a Xbox one alongside of my PS4 .

• Viktor Dipak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to my previous comment after a bit of additional reading:

1. Allow the fallback language to be selected manually
    2. Add English (at the very least) as a selectable fallback language for all regions

• Viktor Dipak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is this shown as completed when it isn't really?
    I want everything to be shown in English, not a stupid, irritating and annoying mix of languages. Parts of the Dashboard (e.g. Store) are displayed in French, even though I live in the German speaking part of Switzerland and have my account language set to German (since I can't select English there).
    Come on Microsoft, this can't be that difficult to understand and fix!

• PA3BPATHUK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just encountered the issue with XBOX live membership. I got a deal from IGN for the 12 month membership, followed the link and purchased it. After trying to use the code, it showed me that it is region locked. I called XBOX support and the guy on the phone told me that it is region locked for Brazil. I asked him to email me the regions that are still under the lock. :-(

• KitShicker43 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't work right for some backward compatible Xbox 360 titles. The region sets the game language no matter what the other settings are. Fix!

• JudaZuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mister Retr0 - why is this task set as completed, when in fact it is not ? The language issues are still there today! I can set the language to English now, but the Xbox One UI still shows the wrong language all over the place!!

• JudaZuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is still not resolved actually .. I still get random text in the location language, and not the language I choose.. How can this be so hard for Microsoft to solve??

• Shantic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After 8,650 votes this is still an issue, why? I live in Mexico, I want my console in English, why can't i use it like that? I can't buy or use prepaid card unless I set it to Spanish!

• epurica1986 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I curently buy a code (gears of war 3) and when i`m trying to redeem the code i`m receiveing this message:
    "You can`t acquire this item in your curently selected language.Change your language region in Settings,or go to microsoft.com//redeem."
    The region of the code is GLOBAL so it`s for all Europe and the language is also english,

In my xbox system settings i have like this:
    Language:
    English
    Language region:
    English (UK)
    What is the problem?
    What language should i choose in region??

• ClearNoiz5416 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how do i change a game's language settings to english because its not showing up on the game options

• ToriHanzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using English (US) language, region Sweden, I can not use the store to buy gold with my paypal account , reason stated is "change your language region in settings, you can't buy this item in your currently sele ted language"

Sadly for you I will not change my language just to be able to buy stuff from you because I simply do not have the energy to do so every time you forgot to think of something.

Instead I urge you to fix it ASAP so that I can buy stuff without having to make an effort that should not be needed.

/Me

• SW2562 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its a half arsed attempt.
    It allows you to select the region for the language you want, and then select a location where you live.

However, my credit card is tied to the region I live in, thus won't work as it's not the region for the language.

What they really need to do is simple, select the region that you live in, then select the language that you want.

Also, Cortana should be linked to the LANGUAGE and not the REGION.
    Just because I live in the Netherlands for example should not mean that if I select the Netherlands that I lose my voice integration. If you can't support Cortana in a language then fine, but at least allow it to be supported in one of the languages currently used.

It works in the Netherlands, if I set my region to the UK, even finding the nearest italian restaurant with good ratings, so why can I not set my location to the Netherlands and use it in English.

• NoisyCandle5292 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This claim is false. I live in Germany and there is no English language option for the German region yet there is for Greece, Czech republic, Hungary etc... This cannot be due to copyright laws as I do not want access to content outside Germany just German content in the English language. If playstation can do it why not xbox?

• PYCapache commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not working. I live in Russia, i set UK region and English language in initial setup, but games which i download are still with Russian localization, which is realy bad.

• D1ETR1CK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do I get both English and French wordings in Xbox Store on XBOne ? I'm not bilingual and I live in Canada .Language : English , Region : Canada (English) ,Location : Canada .So why do I see both English and French words together ? It's confusing and frustrating . I'm 43 yrs. old , I'm not about to learn a new language now. Thank you.

• Fixer187 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't work. Yes basic interface is in English nut...I live in the Flanders in Belgium, the Dutch speaking part and after the update I have more locale banners in French when the setting is in English in comparison when It is Dutch. Also All My achievements who were in English after a workaround are switches back to French. Before was 60% French 40% English, now It is 10% English...

• Jayce72 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working perfectly in the Netherlands with UK English now - games and system in English, NL store accessible, and Cortana voice commands on the Kinect work perfectly! Thanks to everyone who worked on this!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 127 128

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base