Find ideas and requested changes for Xbox websites

[Feedback Request] Interactive Video Player (Alpha Version)

The Xbox Live Events team is rolling out a version of the interactive media player for the web. The pre-release version may be seen on “This Week on Xbox” videos posted after November 4th on MajorNelson.com and Xbox Wire. The Xbox Live Events team is requesting feedback. Please post in the comments what you like and what we need to fix.

If you find a bug, please post a comment below and provide as much detail as possible (Do not include personal information like email, but general information like browser version, operating system, etc).

16 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Team XboxAdminTeam Xbox (Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • O BarbosaMO BarbosaM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Moto G5 Chrome latest version Android 7 latest update provided: most of the times, when starting the video and jumping to fullscreen, video stops in the first frw seconds whilst audio continues normally. Refreshing page tipically resolves it.

• Mr SilcoMr Silco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Video playback doesn't work anymore on iPad 3 with iOS 9.3.5. No play button on image to tap. I guess it was working some months ago.

• John EffortJohn Effort commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's too slow to hide the bottom slide with settings and progress. It takes 5 or 10 seconds or so, while I just want it to hide near instantly when my mouse is not over it anymore.

Also the 'more info' slide that now shows in the player hides part of the video and can't be hidden, so major annoyance.

• StEvEY5036StEvEY5036 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No quality options, video often shows pixelation. Don't have these problems with YouTube.

• ChresterChrester commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stops workin on opera all the time. Has to switch to firefox instead to be able to watch the clipp.

• FaroonFaroon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MacBookPro, iOS 10.12.3 Safari 10.0.3
    Worked fine embedded into the website.
    When expanded to full screen it still played, but the controls were not accessible. I could minimise with ESC, but then the controls were again not accessible. Page refresh brought back the controls.
    Image quality is good, though.

• LaazVLaazV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Keyboard shortcuts don't work when you click the video. Only when you click the commands bar. Really annoying.

• maxenmaxen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Played really well on max settings [1080p/12Mbps] up until just after the 10-minute mark, at which point it would stutter, load for a few minutes, stutter forward and repeat. I changed to 720p and it continued onwards to the end without further issues. [Firefox/Win10]

• N4txON4txO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Win 7, Google Chrome. Works really good if I just let it play the video since second one, but if I forward to a later point in the video, it stays loading forever until I reload the page.

• Yummy BaklavaYummy Baklava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't remove the Settings window when you click Closed Captioning. It stayed up for the majority of the latest episode.

Using latest version of Firefox. Windows 10 PC.

• JoelBDeathJoelBDeath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you supposed to be able to see video in the message in Outlook? If so, how do I get the plugin to make that work?

• DonutCrazyDonutCrazy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a ~1sec pause when you move/scale the window across screens.

Watching a trailer and then coming back resumes - awesome!

It'd be good if clicking the video did a pause/resume -- instead of having to find the (tiny) pause/play button.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base