Image: Xbox One Console, Controller, and Laptop
Xbox Feedback

Your Idea. Your Vote. Your Xbox.

Share your feature requests and ideas for improving Xbox products and services. The feature teams working on Xbox One, Xbox on Windows, Xbox mobile apps, and Xbox Live regularly review the ideas you submit, incorporating them into their work to make your Xbox experience even better.
We've added new features & apps to Xbox One! See what's new
Vote for Ideas Announcements

Find ideas and requested changes for Xbox websites

[Feedback Request] Interactive Video Player (Alpha Version)

The Xbox Live Events team is rolling out a version of the interactive media player for the web. The pre-release version may be seen on “This Week on Xbox” videos posted after November 4th on MajorNelson.com and Xbox Wire. The Xbox Live Events team is requesting feedback. Please post in the comments what you like and what we need to fix.

If you find a bug, please post a comment below and provide as much detail as possible (Do not include personal information like email, but general information like browser version, operating system, etc).

6 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Team XboxAdminTeam Xbox (Admin, Xbox) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JoelBDeathJoelBDeath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you supposed to be able to see video in the message in Outlook? If so, how do I get the plugin to make that work?

• DonutCrazyDonutCrazy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a ~1sec pause when you move/scale the window across screens.

Watching a trailer and then coming back resumes - awesome!

It'd be good if clicking the video did a pause/resume -- instead of having to find the (tiny) pause/play button.

• CraigNCraigN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The player works under iOS 10 in my RSS reader app Newsify however the video player control expands all the time horizontally.

• Forjo AtinxanForjo Atinxan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like the player on the Xbox One, I don't like how it automatically starts the previous episode. On the One, I have to force close it or select something else to get it to stop.

• GeekyMonkey8GeekyMonkey8 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not compatible with MetroBlur news reader. Error: No compatible source found for the current browser environment (0x10600003)

• OphlanOphlan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Video seemed to work well. I would like an option to increase the playback speed.

• mazurgamestarmazurgamestar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi there, it's very annoying that the overlay is not at least 50% transparent, it unnecessarily covers a significant portion of the screen.

just some feedback for ya, cheers

• DigitalAmoebaDigitalAmoeba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Player worked generally excellent in Edge browser on Windows 10 Mobile 14393.

Video quality was good and captions worked fine.
    Interactive jump into other full trailers and then resuming main video feed worked perfectly.

Only small glitch/behaviour was following a web link correctly opened link in new browser window, BUT didn't auto-pause main video in original window.

• pcman2001pcman2001 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Video player failed to load on iOS 10 app Newsify v4.6.2 where I read most of my RRS feeds. Viewed Major Nelson Nov 4 This Week in Xbox post and tapped play to video in Newsify reader, No error; just a black rectangle with rotating white arc line. Newsify reader has played previous Major Nelson posts.

Newsify: Your News, Blog & RSS Feed Reader by Ben Alexander https://appsto.re/us/EkfAE.i
    https://newsify.co

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base