Find ideas and requested changes for Xbox websites

The ability to down vote. (Some ideas are just silly)

Scrolling through some of the various ideas on different sub genres given to give feedback on, I've noticed myself shaking my head at some of the ideas. Unfortunately there isn't any representation for people to disagree other than the comments section.

Having a Reddit style system would be really efficient to get good ideas to the top of the list. The higher votes would push the good ideas to the top. The more down voted ideas should get pushed to the bottom.

Something to consider.

858 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

MrSwier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Noblemystery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I undestand the concept, but, I feel that with every posted idea, there is allready a feedback comment option, which is better than a simple up / down voting system. For the most part I can only engage and express opinions on subjects I understand and can communicate my thoughts, without simply down voting a subject because either I do not care or understand. I would prefer an up vote comment which is more user friendly, rather than creating a negative attitude community impacting on subjects without rational thought. The idea for debate here could be implemented but only if credible comments are associated with a down vote, and a quick way to remove unjustified spam votes. Thank you for reading.

• MeexaXIV commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be awesome if they can limit the amount you can upvote and downvote in a month. So in that way people can use their votes wisely and not just spam.

• BookishFlunky90 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So getting lots of votes and then devs looking at those ideas - would not be good enough filter?

Eurogamer has a similar as suggested for comment fields of articles, they list number of votes and current balance. Not sure that is better.

• Darkhawk Ninja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure that Xbox, as they read through these, can see the really bad ideas and just don't worry about those suggestions. The downvote button might be abused when we don't really need it.

• OakDrop64 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't like the idea of downvoting as that is an easily abused feature, but I definitely we think that we should be able to flag ideas for moderation.

• Ebolamorph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In otherwords youre asking for a system that would so easily be abused? HELL NO! We would lose so many good ideas because people abused the system

• Ackis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or at least have more moderation - let us flag them as duplicate, or out of scope or something.

• FearedNightmare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After a certain amount of downvotes it should be flagged so that a Staff member needs to evaluate if it has a purpose on the site or if it's just trolls

• IIx DEZ xII commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel something like this would be a good idea but it would need to be done right as it would pander to trolls. Trolls are everywhere, wheres Dovakin when you need them!

← Previous 1 3

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base