Find ideas and requested changes for Xbox websites

More engagement of Xbox Forums Community

More attention towards the Xbox Forum Community. As an ex forum moderator and forum frequenter, I know first hand how overlooked this community is. There is a stellar community there and it wouldn't hurt to throw more bones their way. My region (UK) forum section is a prime example of how lost things are. With just under 100 users when social media UK has 1.7 million. More attention and giveaways and competitions need to go there. (Things like create a controller skin or gamerpic). I stand by the community as one of the best communities I have ever been a part of, and from the UK section to the general sections, they deserve the best.

More engagement and interactivity towards them. They have been here for years, after all.

174 votes
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

CloudStrife 900 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • xxThatsDavedxx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get rid of the reputation system permenatly its doesn't work and is depriving people of what they are paying for 400 dollar gaming system and 40 and 50 dollar games and you can't play online is wrong may customers should go to the better business bureau or i may not get an xbox one its not worth it im not putting 400 more dollers into a system and not be able to play online thats a no no!

• M ahh tt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree.

The Xbox forums are the worst I have ever used, constantly getting confused and taking me several minutes just to find a forum. I would provide Feedback in the Forum Feedback Forum - but it won't let me post.

I'm an active user on a few forums and have moderated a large forum, I understand the need for users to be able to interact with ease - These forums are far from that.

I'd love to be active in the forums but it just won't happen in it's current state.

• R1CH5TER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This gets my vote, there should be a link for the forums intergrated into the home screen

• DanteSparda504 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need an overhaul and a way to boost community interaction. Bring back community events like spotlight, game with fame, organized community gaming events.

• SILVAF0XX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great to see this and it gets a vote from me! Shame to see what the forums have become!

I find it ironic that when(on the new snapped achievement app) you select "online help" it lists trueachievements first! If they had done their job Xbox.com would be the place to go for online/community help!

• HyruleBalverine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frankly, right now I'd be happy if they added a way for us to start reading an older thread with the unread posts. Currently, the only choices are to go to the first post or the last post. If there have been a lot of comments since your last visit, it can be a pain to sort through pages of comments to get to the first one that you haven't read.

• METHOD BLUNT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cloud ! 100 % agree !

I'm on french forums and I see these forums die every year, because the website that offers no visibility on the local forums and in addition has no community manager or competitions organized by Microsoft!

Forums are places of exchange, they are very important to weld a community and bring undeniable assistance to users who discover the Xbox universe.

Come on Microsoft, go to these forums the former glory with a remake of your site, and give a real spotlight on the forums. Xbox does not just to social networks !

• RippenHarra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a tear in my eye reading this,Miss you guys.
    Anyway gave this a vote because i do care even though i can no longer be apart of this place.

• CloudStrife 900 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the added votes and comments guys :) If I could click 'like' on your comments, I would!

Xeno: Agree 100%. I have put this forward several times, probably to the point where I am becoming to look like an annoyance. I've played with a lot of you, got to know a lot of you and had many laughs with a lot of you. What did this do to me as a mod? It shed light on how much was missing from the role. I don't care how long it takes or how many feet I have to trample on to get there, I will do what ever it takes to open the eyes of those that have the power to change this place for the better.

Never on the net have I found an awesome bunch of forumers that have stuck through hell and still log back in to hang out. As for the mods, there's only so much bans and leaving members that can happen now before the place is just a poker table sized community.

Hopefully it doesn't get that far though. Fingers crossed eh :)

Either way, thanks a bunch for the support on this. You guys rule!

• xenomorph v1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for taking the time to set this up Cloud. Although I'm not the UK section (I'm an Aussie), I agree that the forums need a spring clean.

Currently nothing is being done in this space to stay relevant. The rate of change that takes place socially online now is not being kept up with by MS here.

It's pretty much a free for all with no clear direction or presence from moderators... When you (Cloud) were still a mod, I think I could safely say that the community members appreciated having you interact with us as peers... Albeit a peer with a big stick... But still a peer.

There's an analogy I used once with you Cloud... It's like with Cops and speed cameras (hope you UK guys get this)... If you see a speed camera and you're speeding, you get done, swear, then put your foot down and say F it... If you see a cop car, everyone slows down and does the right thing.

Having mods engage with the community in a meaningful way is a great thing and provides a sense of inclusion... Even though the mods are still mods, and we are still the unwashed masses.

The mods seem to have this mythical status now... And it's like "Ooh! Did you see? A mod was here!"... Well not literally... But you get my drift...

Is this the way they want it, or how they're being told to behave? Whatever it is, it's not something that's going to help the community grow in a positive way, therefore they won't have a community to moderate.

This is all just my opinion... Whatever that's worth.

Cheers all... All the best to you, and happy gaming!

• Listed mia 510 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Xbox.com sucks now, i only go now for that Forza meet up thread.
    Sometimes I add some sarcastic comments too stupid threads also but that's it, I don't even bother supporting people in need there anymore.
    I not too long ago was banned for using the acronym BS now if don't care about the site cause I see even worse than that and seemingly no actions taken against it, but god forbid Listed uses BS in a sentence on accident.
    MS should cancel this forum and then let Phil make a better friendly gamer oriented site!

• Reidzer 1314 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to agree with this, I would love to see more focus from Microsoft on the community forums.

• FitsHisFace commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would use 500 of my votes if I could. Great bunch of guys witha welth of knowledge. Get a pinned tile on the XBox One straight to the forums please. I hope that in game help with search these forums when added to XBox One

• CloudStrife 900 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks guys! This isn't just about me though, this is for everyone. I got no problem saying it how it is and I have stood by that for a long time. The place needs an overhaul, the rules need adjusting, the guidelines need to be refined and a few of them dropped and there should really be an off topic section so the community can relax and talk about something 'other' then xbox, with all our xbox buddies. I have mentioned this numerous times and even brought this up as a mod. Now with this site, lets hope something gets done and noticed for the sake of very user on there. Less finger pointing and more rehabilitation for the users in the dark.

Vote mate, sorry to hear you got a ban bro. That's just sad mate.

← Previous 1

The Clubs & LFG Forum Is Live!

Our newest Feature Area forum, Clubs & LFG, is now live! We've added a bunch of ideas that you can now vote on both in the Feature Area forum and in the Clubs & LFG category of theNew Ideas forum!

Go to the new Clubs & LFG forum and vote for your favorite ideas!

Feedback and Knowledge Base